Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK picked to win SEC; Patterson Player of the Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kentucky is predicted to win the 2010 Southeastern Conference men's basketball championship in a voting by a select panel of both SEC and national media members. Each SEC school selected media members that cover their team and additional writers from across the nation were selected by the conference office to form the 25-member voting panel.

Kentucky junior Patrick Patterson was the choice of the media for SEC Men's Basketball Player of the Year with 11 votes. Kentucky freshman John Wall (six votes), Mississippi State senior Jarvis Varnado (three votes), South Carolina senior Devan Downey (three votes) and Tennessee senior Tyler Smith (two votes) also received votes in the Player of the Year voting.

http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/64827137.html
The media has definitely set our standards high for the upcoming season. I hope that we can live up to that and our fans won't expect too much if we go through some rough patches. We obviously have the talent but Rome wasn't built in a day. Seeing two UK players claim the top 2 POY spots is also really good news.
of course who else would be considered I mean look at it like this Kentucky could make a clean sweep this year Win sec season title, win sec tourny title, win ncaa tourny title, Patterson sec player of the year and either him or wall wins the national player of the year and then wall wins freshmen of the year and coach cal wins coach of the year would that not be nice they would have to build a new trophy case
What else can you say?

Kentucky basketball is great, bring on number 8.
Wasn't really a surprise to me.
Pretty easy pick. I just hope we can live up to the expectations. Still a lot of unknowns.
Like Coach Cal said, it will take a month for them to learn the Dribble Drive, and not to mention the defense. What kind of defense will we use?
Big blue all the way
maybe he is going with the old saying the best defense is a D*** good offense maybe he just plans on out scoring everybody
nope just joking i have never really seen him as a defensive coach but hay he could surprise us