Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BCS Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The 2009 BCS standings are providing happiness to Florida fans. The first 2009 BCS standings reveal that the BCS leader is Florida, which will make the fans of Gator Nation quite happy. After being leap frogged by Alabama in the week 8 AP Top 25, this has to be good news for 2009 BCS Standings Are Out; Florida is the #1 BCS Team the Florida Gators, as it shows they are leading the way in the poll that matters the most right now. Following close on their heels though is the Alabama Crimson Tide, looking for any chance they can get to take that #1 spot away from fellow SEC powerhouse Florida. It's a season for SEC power apparently, and both teams want their shot at the title.

1. Floride
2. Bama
3. Texas
4. Boise State (WOW)
5. Cincinnati
The entire rankings list showing all the rankings and stats used: http://msn.foxsports.com/id/10238202_37_1.pdf
For those who could not attach the PDF:

1 Florida 6-0
2 Alabama 7-0
3 Texas 6-0
4 Boise State 6-0
5 Cincinnati 6-0
6 Iowa 7-0
7 USC 5-1
8 TCU 6-0
9 LSU 5-1
10 Miami (FL) 5-1
11 Oregon 5-1
12 Georgia Tech 6-1
13 Penn State 6-1
14 Virginia Tech 5-2
15 Oklahoma State 5-1
16 Brigham Young 6-1
17 Houston 5-1
18 Utah 5-1
19 Ohio State 5-2
20 Pittsburgh 6-1
21 Wisconsin 5-2
22 Arizona 4-2
23 West Virginia 5-1
24 South Carolina 5-2
25 Kansas 5-1
No reason for Florida not to be #1, no matter how and who they are playing, until they lost, no reason they shouldn't be #1, they've won 16 in a row, a lot of people disagree, but to be the man you have to beat the man, no one has beaten the defensing national champs, so they shouldn't move.

I love seeing Natti and Boise up there, too bad with how the BCS goes, 1 loss would probably knock them out of the rankings.
PC_You_Know Wrote:No reason for Florida not to be #1, no matter how and who they are playing, until they lost, no reason they shouldn't be #1, they've won 16 in a row, a lot of people disagree, but to be the man you have to beat the man, no one has beaten the defensing national champs, so they shouldn't move.

I love seeing Natti and Boise up there, too bad with how the BCS goes, 1 loss would probably knock them out of the rankings.

Great post :Thumbs:

I agree, to me Florida is deserved. The thing is, the BCS is not as subjective, meaning it is not a vote but a culmination of polls, computer rankings, record, opposition record - all to create a single consolidated poll. So, even the computers believe Florida is number one.

As for Boise and UC, they could go undefeated and I still think it will be tough to make a championship game. Though I would love to see two teams like that play for a national title, they would not be of much competition for a Florida, Bama or Texas. But then again, neither were Ohio State two years ago or Oklahoma last year when those teams were DESTROYED in the championship. So, I can't see how UC or Boise could do any worse....
Stardust Wrote:Great post :Thumbs:

I agree, to me Florida is deserved. The thing is, the BCS is not as subjective, meaning it is not a vote but a culmination of polls, computer rankings, record, opposition record - all to create a single consolidated poll. So, even the computers believe Florida is number one.

As for Boise and UC, they could go undefeated and I still think it will be tough to make a championship game. Though I would love to see two teams like that play for a national title, they would not be of much competition for a Florida, Bama or Texas. But then again, neither were Ohio State two years ago or Oklahoma last year when those teams were DESTROYED in the championship. So, I can't see how UC or Boise could do any worse....

Well Said :Clap:

Does Florida and Bama play in the regular season?
^ SEC championship
Looks fair to me, and it is fair. The winner of the SEC championship will play for the national title anyways, as long as it keeps going like it is, and I feel that either Bama or Florida would beat Texas. Im not on the Boise State bandwagon though at all, and if I said that they deserved national title talk consideration would be ridiculous. To play a schedule like THAT, and be ranked number 4? Absolutely horrid that they are ranked that high. There are 15 or 20 teams in the country that could run the table with the schedule theyve played, and I wouldnt doubt that 6 or 8 in the SEC couldnt. Until they start playing REAL competition outside of their conference slate, I wont be sold on Boise. A 3-3 Oklahoma team with a backup QB beat the same Tulsa team they beat by the skin of their teeth 45-0! They beat Oregon, yes, but look at the cream puffs after that. And this team is ranked number 4?!?!? Do you realize that if Bama OR Florida loses, that this team would jump over them in the rankings? By beating Cal State Poly? All I can say is that I hope they run the table, and I really hope they get blown out BAD in their bowl game. I believe that TCU deserves more publicity than Boise, as theyve actually beaten some fairly solid teams outside of their conference games. I wouldnt have a problem with TCU being ranked high, but beating a struggling Oregon team and a bunch of nobodies shouldnt put a team this high. Can ANYBODY HONESTLY tell me that Cincy, Iowa, and TCU, all undefeated, all beaten FAR SUPERIOR competition, doesnt deserve to be higher than Boise?? If you tell the truth, youll agree with me, as much as you may not want to.
WOW what a surprise the TIM TEBOWS are number 1 well thats a shocker lol they wont last there time is coming because if they dont get knocked off before the SEC title game then Alabama will destroy them ROLL TIDE ROLL

Dont really agree with Boise State either but oh well its hard to argue with a computer and its the same computer that wouldnt give them no love few years back win they had a better team a team that beat Oklahoma so maybe the computer is making up there mistakes

Dont like Cincy, Iowa or TCU-
Cincy is on a lucky streak watch and see they will fall and hard
Iowa is actually the strongest team out of a weak big ten this year so thats nothing special they would get destroyed by a 2 or 3 loss SEC team maybe UK lol the truth though.
TCU just plain dont like them
in closing ALABAMA WILL BEAT TEXAS FOR NATIONAL TITLE
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:WOW what a surprise the TIM TEBOWS are number 1 well thats a shocker lol they wont last there time is coming because if they dont get knocked off before the SEC title game then Alabama will destroy them ROLL TIDE ROLL

Dont really agree with Boise State either but oh well its hard to argue with a computer and its the same computer that wouldnt give them no love few years back win they had a better team a team that beat Oklahoma so maybe the computer is making up there mistakes

Dont like Cincy, Iowa or TCU-
Cincy is on a lucky streak watch and see they will fall and hard
Iowa is actually the strongest team out of a weak big ten this year so thats nothing special they would get destroyed by a 2 or 3 loss SEC team maybe UK lol the truth though.
TCU just plain dont like them
in closing ALABAMA WILL BEAT TEXAS FOR NATIONAL TITLE

Why will Bama destroy them? Because they lost their QB from last season and Florida returns the whole defense that shut down Bama last year? Bama has done nothing to prove they'll beat Florida, and Florida has done nothing to prove they'll beat Bama.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Looks fair to me, and it is fair. The winner of the SEC championship will play for the national title anyways, as long as it keeps going like it is, and I feel that either Bama or Florida would beat Texas. Im not on the Boise State bandwagon though at all, and if I said that they deserved national title talk consideration would be ridiculous. To play a schedule like THAT, and be ranked number 4? Absolutely horrid that they are ranked that high. There are 15 or 20 teams in the country that could run the table with the schedule theyve played, and I wouldnt doubt that 6 or 8 in the SEC couldnt. Until they start playing REAL competition outside of their conference slate, I wont be sold on Boise. A 3-3 Oklahoma team with a backup QB beat the same Tulsa team they beat by the skin of their teeth 45-0! They beat Oregon, yes, but look at the cream puffs after that. And this team is ranked number 4?!?!? Do you realize that if Bama OR Florida loses, that this team would jump over them in the rankings? By beating Cal State Poly? All I can say is that I hope they run the table, and I really hope they get blown out BAD in their bowl game. I believe that TCU deserves more publicity than Boise, as theyve actually beaten some fairly solid teams outside of their conference games. I wouldnt have a problem with TCU being ranked high, but beating a struggling Oregon team and a bunch of nobodies shouldnt put a team this high. Can ANYBODY HONESTLY tell me that Cincy, Iowa, and TCU, all undefeated, all beaten FAR SUPERIOR competition, doesnt deserve to be higher than Boise?? If you tell the truth, youll agree with me, as much as you may not want to.

The good thing about BCS is that it helps take out some of the subjectivity. Since strnegth of schedule is a key component, I can't see a team like Boise making the jump. Boise will begin to fall in overall points as they play and probably win each week. Even though they may win out, their schedule gets progressively easier. They will lose points as a result their weak schedule. Teams like Bama, Florida and Texas will maintain a strong score/rating because of their schedule. Boise, TCU would not jump those three teams even if they have one loss. As for Cincy and Iowa, they have a chance because their opponents will all have decent records and rankings. Neither the Big Ten nor Big East are comparable to SEC or Big 12, but they will keep teams high enough in the rankings to get a chance. Oregon is a different story.

To me, there are three teams deserving of a National title game. It would be a travesty if two of them are not playing in January for a title.
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:WOW what a surprise the TIM TEBOWS are number 1 well thats a shocker lol they wont last there time is coming because if they dont get knocked off before the SEC title game then Alabama will destroy them ROLL TIDE ROLL

Could not disagree with you more. PC said it the best when he said that this Florida team is virtually the same as last year. Tim Tebow has not won all these games by himself, but to think that Bama will shut him down is insane. Bama is good, as good as Florida and Texas. But right now, Florida is deserving of #1, but even if they were #3, it would not mean that Bama or Texas are better.
Texas should be #2 instead of Bama. They were cheated once again.
mitch1 Wrote:Texas should be #2 instead of Bama. They were cheated once again.
Man I like Texas but they are where they should be.

If they win out they will play for the NC. They will be playing Florida or Bama.
Yep, True as that, Sucks Bama and Florida cant play for the title
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Yep, True as that, Sucks Bama and Florida cant play for the title
Actually I heard a scenario on ESPN that if Texas was to lose, along with some other teams near the top 5 that a one loss SEC team could be in the NC game. So basically what they said was a repeat of the SEC champ game could take place. Which would be killer as all get out.
i agree...i heard that on the Collin Cowherd show this morning, Collin said it was possible