Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Favorites to be in final 4 in division 2 in state playoffs??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
List who u think will make it to the final four in only Division 2...Which is smaller schools...
Meece will be there.
Corbin Fan Wrote:Meece will be there.

Thanks for the compliment, but we have to do like everyone else and take it one game at a time. Glasgow down 16-6. Next up West Hardin.:ChairHit:
Cumberland Will be I can almost assure if they can knock off Morgan
i certainly hope so.... how good is morgan county? Are they big? and do u think we can compete with them?
AnalysisKing Wrote:Cumberland Will be I can almost assure if they can knock off Morgan

I think they definitely have the talent to compete with anybody. However, for them to make a serious run, somebody else is going to have to call the plays and sets. Yesterday was the 3rd time i have seen them play this year and i am completely baffled by some the plays that are called.

For instance, on 4th and inches they line up in the spread and shotgun and are tackled for a loss. They have a fullback ( i believe #9 ) who is monster! I think he only touched the ball 2 or 3 times yesterday (7 or 8 yard gain everytime). They have some of the most athletic skilled players i have seen at this level in a long time but don't utilize their strengths. They could throw the ball all day long on whoever they want, if they wanted too. In the 3 games i have seen them play this year, their receiver #4 pretty much runs free on every route and i have seen him thrown to maybe 3 times. They need to get #4 and #9 more involved and spread their offense around some more to be successful in my opinion. If they make it, it will be because of their athleticism and that alone - not because they have Lumbardi coaching them...........
I have seen Harlan play several times this year also and, to be honest, I can't believe that they don't use number 21 more. He is by far their best athlete and gives them the best chance to be successful. And by the way, it is LOMBARDI...not Lumbardi.
greendragondad Wrote:I think they definitely have the talent to compete with anybody. However, for them to make a serious run, somebody else is going to have to call the plays and sets. Yesterday was the 3rd time i have seen them play this year and i am completely baffled by some the plays that are called.

For instance, on 4th and inches they line up in the spread and shotgun and are tackled for a loss. They have a fullback ( i believe #9 ) who is monster! I think he only touched the ball 2 or 3 times yesterday (7 or 8 yard gain everytime). They have some of the most athletic skilled players i have seen at this level in a long time but don't utilize their strengths. They could throw the ball all day long on whoever they want, if they wanted too. In the 3 games i have seen them play this year, their receiver #4 pretty much runs free on every route and i have seen him thrown to maybe 3 times. They need to get #4 and #9 more involved and spread their offense around some more to be successful in my opinion. If they make it, it will be because of their athleticism and that alone - not because they have Lumbardi coaching them...........

I appreciate what u said....but 1 question....what is a lombardi??? If it has to do with bad coaching u must be nuts.....sure...our coaching staff makes a few mistakes....so does our players....but they have brought us redskins to what we are today....our coaches work the dog crap out us.....but what does it bring us to? a win!.. And i am not being wrong with u mr greendragon dad....we could throw some passes to #4...and give the ball to #9 too....but we do what it takes to get the win....harlan played their guts out...we just have to show up ready to play...we have alot of athleatic players...our qb #1 is awesome.....#24 is a difference maker....but that is all i am gonna say
PhatBoy Wrote:I have seen Harlan play several times this year also and, to be honest, I can't believe that they don't use number 21 more. He is by far their best athlete and gives them the best chance to be successful. And by the way, it is LOMBARDI...not Lumbardi.

I agree, but there is only so much he can do. Until the Harlan Independent school system decides to allow holdback, it's going to be difficult to complete!
Skins Fan Wrote:I appreciate what u said....but 1 question....what is a lombardi??? If it has to do with bad coaching u must be nuts.....sure...our coaching staff makes a few mistakes....so does our players....but they have brought us redskins to what we are today....our coaches work the dog crap out us.....but what does it bring us to? a win!.. And i am not being wrong with u mr greendragon dad....we could throw some passes to #4...and give the ball to #9 too....but we do what it takes to get the win....harlan played their guts out...we just have to show up ready to play...we have alot of athleatic players...our qb #1 is awesome.....#24 is a difference maker....but that is all i am gonna say

All I am saying is that if Cumberland wants to compete at the elite level they are going to have to utilize all of their talent and spread the offense around. Anybody that watches a game film can figure out who the play is going to. Just my opinion...........Best wishes to the Skins for the rest of the tournament.:Thumbs:
Morgan will be tough. Even more so if Cumberland has never played against a DW offense. The kids have been playing in that system for a while. Some of those players played last year against Bluegrass in the playoffs.
Skins Fan Wrote:i certainly hope so.... how good is morgan county? Are they big? and do u think we can compete with them?

Im not for sure, ive heard they got some big boys, but too be honest you all can beat them, if you just get the passing game going, most teams in middle school dont expect that, get that open, the run game comes open, you all got some boys that can run with it(#1,#8,#9, #24(that kid is beast) if you all can click on all cylinders I can see me getting on the KYMFSA and seeing Cumberland Redskins State Champions:Clap:
Gallatin County will be in Lexington.
I predict Meece and Gallatin final.
Old Henry Man Wrote:Gallatin County will be in Lexington.

Wouldn't that be a re-match of the final at the UK middle school 7 on 7?

Interesting............hmmmmmmmmmm
AnalysisKing Wrote:Im not for sure, ive heard they got some big boys, but too be honest you all can beat them, if you just get the passing game going, most teams in middle school dont expect that, get that open, the run game comes open, you all got some boys that can run with it(#1,#8,#9, #24(that kid is beast) if you all can click on all cylinders I can see me getting on the KYMFSA and seeing Cumberland Redskins State Champions:Clap:

I agree. If they are hitting on all cylinders they will be VERY tough to beat!
greendragondad Wrote:I think they definitely have the talent to compete with anybody. However, for them to make a serious run, somebody else is going to have to call the plays and sets. Yesterday was the 3rd time i have seen them play this year and i am completely baffled by some the plays that are called.

The Redskins will work hard this week from the Head Coach down to the water boy to be ready to play! Let's go get it Skins! :1:
I`m glad someone finally noticed Gallatin County,thank you
what was the score on the Gallatin vs. Frankfort game?
They haven't played yet. I think they play on the 24th.
Frankfort beat Gallatin Co. in the regular season. Gallatin QB might have been out for that game.
yea our QB was out for the Frankfort game with a slight concusion,but he`s ready to go for the 24th here at home.Plus our game in Frankfort had a little help from the striped shirts.On there only score we were called for 3 15 yd.penaltys.Those 45 yd.was the most yd.they had the whole game.It should be a good game,hope to see you all in Lexington.
We will see just how good GC is when they play HC in two weeks.
mitch1 Wrote:We will see just how good GC is when they play HC in two weeks.

Both those teams still have to win this week. The Frankfort game could go either way. Morgan Co might not be world beaters but they are not a bad team.
barrel Wrote:Both those teams still have to win this week. The Frankfort game could go either way. Morgan Co might not be world beaters but they are not a bad team.

Neither is Cumberland. Morgan vs. Cumberland should be a dandy.
Would have to go with Cumberland!
mitch1 Wrote:We will see just how good GC is when they play HC in two weeks.

If you are talking about Henry Co. you need to realize this is middle school forum. Gallatin already beat Henry MS in ot earlier in the season. The HS play in 2 weeks and should be very heavily favorite for Henry.
What's up with the refs? Everyone says if you play them at there place u better be 2 tds better then them. Do they have them same refs ever time they play home games?
Old Henry Man Wrote:Gallatin County will be in Lexington.
I hope you are right...We have 9 starters out now with the flu at Meece and havent been able to practice this week. So right now just hoping we can beat west hardin ...