Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Florida 23 - Arkansas 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final!
SEC Refs hand out another Victory. Good job REFS!
great game but the gators once again pull it out
worst officiated game i have ever watched really not every call but just certain calls down the stretch like the whole blocking on the run it was toward the end of the game which you know it was a stupid call and then when cooper went for the first touchdown pass it should have been called offensive pass interference because he was all over the Arkansas defender who almost had the pick but didnt cause he was interfered with so that should have backed them up 15 yards but oh well when you play at home and tebow is your QB no worries
No...let them squeak out wins like this. They have looked impressive in ONE game this year (against UK). They NEED to be undefeated come SEC Championship time so we can slam that big fat check mark in their L column and ruin their season. This was the same Arkansas team that we could have beaten by 50 or more but ONLY beat by 28.
Not pretty for the Gators, but a win is a win
Boo!
I hope in the SEC title game that ALABAMA beats florida so bad that Tim Tebow does not want to play football no more and he can start doing T.V. commercials because thats what players do when they are built up in college and dont pan out in the pros (have you seen the one where Tyler Hansbourough helps find the lost puppy) 9 out of 10 people that sees that commercial could not tell you who he is maybe thats why they put a carolina blue shirt on him LMAO i just hate UNC and Forida
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:I hope in the SEC title game that ALABAMA beats florida so bad that Tim Tebow does not want to play football no more and he can start doing T.V. commercials because thats what players do when they are built up in college and dont pan out in the pros (have you seen the one where Tyler Hansbourough helps find the lost puppy) 9 out of 10 people that sees that commercial could not tell you who he is maybe thats why they put a carolina blue shirt on him LMAO i just hate UNC and Forida

Who cares how he does in the Pros? Whats the beef with Tim Tebow? Love him or hate him, if he wins the Heisman, and Florida wins the National title, you will tell your grnad kids that you watched the GREATEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL player to ever play! You can hate him all you want, but this 21 year-old young man has DONE everything asked of him. He's great, whether people like him or not, you have been witnessing HISTORY! Enjoy it for what it is, not what you wish it was!
I don't think he's the greatest to ever play. He's not even the greatest in college right now.
Stardust Wrote:Who cares how he does in the Pros? Whats the beef with Tim Tebow? Love him or hate him, if he wins the Heisman, and Florida wins the National title, you will tell your grnad kids that you watched the GREATEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL player to ever play! You can hate him all you want, but this 21 year-old young man has DONE everything asked of him. He's great, whether people like him or not, you have been witnessing HISTORY! Enjoy it for what it is, not what you wish it was!
Tebow looked like the only Gator that really wanted this game !
Why does everyone haate florida????because there the best!!!
Tebow is the best QB-everyone hates him...WHY???
Give them credit they won...and Tebow after Ole miss game said they wouldnt loose again, well he is still holding it true....Now i picked arkansas in this one by 2 td's..i was off some...lol...but arkansas is no lookover to anybody...Great game by both teams and glad to see tebow and the gators with a W!!!!
Arkansas should have won this but its ok because i guarantee that Florida is gonna lose in the SEC Championship game!
Ram Fan04 Wrote:I don't think he's the greatest to ever play. He's not even the greatest in college right now.

You tell me WHO has had a better career! 2 National titles, 1 Heisman, lol, you can be a hater, but don't be a blind onw. If Tebow wins the Heisman and the National title, NO PLAYER EVER, I mean EVER came close to matching those career accomplishments. Did I say EVER! Sorry, but if all finishes his way, you will have just hated the GREATEST EVER!

I'm no Florida fan. First off, I'm a Miami fan, thus have never liked Florida. My favorite SEC team is Bama. So, I'm not pushing Tebow because he is my guy. Flat out, this Kid, and too many people forget he's closer to High School than to the Hall of Fame, he is one of the greatest college football players to ever compete.

People hate on him because of all the media attention. Hmm, not too many people hated Michael Jordan for all the media attention that he received.

People hate him because of the Florida attention by the media. Hmm, you win 2 national titles in 3 years, on your way for a 3rd in 4 years, they deserve the media attention.

People hate him because of his on-field excitement. Hmm, he's so great because he is a COMPETITOR! He wants to beat your team, guess what HE DOES! Why, because he wants to beat your tema more than your team is capable of beating him!

People hate on him because he won't be a good Pro. WHO CARES! Why does he have to be a great pro in order to be a great college football player? How many Great NFL football players were great college players. How many great college players were great Pros? Bottomline, it doesn't matter if this kid ever plays a pro football down, he will be a Hall of Famer!

Do people hate on him because he acknowledges God for everything that he has accomplished. Doe people hate on him because he bows down after every TD, points heavenward after every big play?

This is history bearing out in your very eyes. Accept it. Root for him and his team to lose, but to be naive to think he is undeserved of the attention he receives is just pure ignorance to what he has accomplished and is not done yet.
I think it is funny because all the UK fans hate Florida because they destroy them every year. Now they are all Alabama fans. Alabama shouldn't hope to see Florida because Alabama isn't half the team the Gators are. Who has Alabama beaten to prove they are for real? An overrated Hokie team by 10 at home? Wait until they beat a good team on the road. I don't see them beating LSU in a couple weeks. The gators went into LSU and won. Hate him or love him, Tim Tebow is one of the best IF not the best college football player of all time. And I think it is great to see the kind of person he is.. Always thanking God for his achievements and pointing up to God after big plays like someone else said. The championship will be either Fla/Tex or Fla/USC. Alabama is OVERRATED.
Alabama overrated? Who has Florida played that is so high and mighty? Charleston Southern? Troy? They have one quality win over #4 LSU. Bama has beaten #7 Virginia Tech, #20 Mississippi, #22 South Carolina, and the Arkansas team that could have beat Florida by 3 TDs. Weaker schedule than Bama. That is why Bama made the jump to #1 this week. I don't like Bama, and I don't like Florida, but Bama can and will beat Florida in the SEC championship. So if you don't mind get on the Tebow bandwagon and ride all the way back to Gainesville, cause Bama is gonna take this Rose Bowl Natl Championship.
theVILLE Wrote:Why does everyone haate florida????because there the best!!!
Tebow is the best QB-everyone hates him...WHY???
Give them credit they won...and Tebow after Ole miss game said they wouldnt loose again, well he is still holding it true....Now i picked arkansas in this one by 2 td's..i was off some...lol...but arkansas is no lookover to anybody...Great game by both teams and glad to see tebow and the gators with a W!!!!

I love tim tebow i really do hes amazing to watch but that defensive pass interference was an embarrising call on the refs behalf
Stardust Wrote:You tell me WHO has had a better career! 2 National titles, 1 Heisman, lol, you can be a hater, but don't be a blind onw. If Tebow wins the Heisman and the National title, NO PLAYER EVER, I mean EVER came close to matching those career accomplishments. Did I say EVER! Sorry, but if all finishes his way, you will have just hated the GREATEST EVER!

I'm no Florida fan. First off, I'm a Miami fan, thus have never liked Florida. My favorite SEC team is Bama. So, I'm not pushing Tebow because he is my guy. Flat out, this Kid, and too many people forget he's closer to High School than to the Hall of Fame, he is one of the greatest college football players to ever compete.

People hate on him because of all the media attention. Hmm, not too many people hated Michael Jordan for all the media attention that he received.

People hate him because of the Florida attention by the media. Hmm, you win 2 national titles in 3 years, on your way for a 3rd in 4 years, they deserve the media attention.

People hate him because of his on-field excitement. Hmm, he's so great because he is a COMPETITOR! He wants to beat your team, guess what HE DOES! Why, because he wants to beat your tema more than your team is capable of beating him!

People hate on him because he won't be a good Pro. WHO CARES! Why does he have to be a great pro in order to be a great college football player? How many Great NFL football players were great college players. How many great college players were great Pros? Bottomline, it doesn't matter if this kid ever plays a pro football down, he will be a Hall of Famer!

Do people hate on him because he acknowledges God for everything that he has accomplished. Doe people hate on him because he bows down after every TD, points heavenward after every big play?

This is history bearing out in your very eyes. Accept it. Root for him and his team to lose, but to be naive to think he is undeserved of the attention he receives is just pure ignorance to what he has accomplished and is not done yet.

Ahh, hyperbole. :dontthink

Johnny Rodgers, Flanker for Nebraska. Won the Title in '70 and '71 while winning the Heisman in '72. Did that in only 3 years of eligibility. Confusedhh:
Yes but that would put Tebow with 3 National Titles and 2 Heisman trophies if he does as Stardust states.
Yes but Tebow did that in 4 years. Johnny Rodgers could have been more dominate if he had another year, and I don't think that Tebow will win the Heisman this year.
barrel Wrote:Yes but that would put Tebow with 3 National Titles and 2 Heisman trophies if he does as Stardust states.

As ryanamasta5 stated: Rodgers was allowed to play only 3 years. He was the reason the Cornhuskers won those 2 titles and finished as Big 8 reps in the Orange Bowl his Senior year.

I would also add that Tebow played a role but was NOT the STARTER on that first national title team. That was Leak. Tebow came off the bench at key times but he was not the difference maker and didn't shoulder the burden of being the starter or major player at QB.

Even though it was different era, here are Rodgers stats for his three years:

He averaged 5.7 yards per carry and 17.3 yards per reception over the three years while scoring 25 TD's.

He averaged 15.5 yards per punt return and 24.2 yards per KO return in his career. Rodgers scored on 7 Punt returns in 3 years and 1 KO return in that time.

All of this was from a Run oriented I-Formation attack under Devaney.

I like Tebow a lot. But don't say "No one will EVER compare," when it's obvious that at least one already has.
Tebow will also break Walker's record for TDs. How do they compare over the last 3 years? That would be 1 National title and 1 Heisman. If he wins another title and trophy that would put him with 2 titles and 2 trophies over 3 years.
runninrebs21 Wrote:I think it is funny because all the UK fans hate Florida because they destroy them every year. Now they are all Alabama fans. Alabama shouldn't hope to see Florida because Alabama isn't half the team the Gators are. Who has Alabama beaten to prove they are for real? An overrated Hokie team by 10 at home? Wait until they beat a good team on the road. I don't see them beating LSU in a couple weeks. The gators went into LSU and won. Hate him or love him, Tim Tebow is one of the best IF not the best college football player of all time. And I think it is great to see the kind of person he is.. Always thanking God for his achievements and pointing up to God after big plays like someone else said. The championship will be either Fla/Tex or Fla/USC. Alabama is OVERRATED.
Straight up...this is the dumbest post in the history of Bluegrassrivals.com. Dangerousdaneersfan, you can thank this guy for replacing you. Bama WHIPPED the preseason #6 team on a NEUTRAL field. They WHIPPED this same Arkansas team by 28, and could have beaten them by 50! They WHIPPED the 16th ranked team in the country by 19 points (Ole Miss). They WHIPPED the 22nd ranked team in the country by 14 (South Carolina). Who have they beaten? LOL!! I have nothing against Tebow the man, because I think he is an OUTSTANDING person and one of the greatest college football players of all time. Bar none. Cant take that away from him, but look at Mark Ingrams stats. I wouldnt think its outrageous to say he's having a better season than Tim Tebow. Tebow doesnt have the weapons he had last season, and his statistics have suffered because of it. Tebow is a winner, and does what it takes to win, but to say Alabama is overrated, is absolutely STUPID. Florida beat a below average Tennessee team AT HOME by 10, beat up on a couple of high school teams (Troy and Charleston Southern). Got a ton of help fighting off Arkansas (you know what Im talking about) to win AT HOME by 3. And they didnt look impressive at all beating LSU, yet that is enough to say they arent half the team Florida is? Ive been an Alabama fan for over 25 years, and yeah I dont like all the bandwagon jumpers either, thats why I race to the reply button when people post crap like this.
Hatz Wrote:Ahh, hyperbole. :dontthink

Johnny Rodgers, Flanker for Nebraska. Won the Title in '70 and '71 while winning the Heisman in '72. Did that in only 3 years of eligibility. Confusedhh:
Ahhh please tell me you are a Husker fan!..Greatest team ever? IMO it was the 1995 Husker team with Tommy Frazier running that unstoppable option. Ask Steve Spurrier how amazing this team was. Frazier had the most unbelievable run Ive ever seen in that national title game..but I also loved the Rodgers/Jeff Kinney combo too..Im a Tide fan forever, but I love talkin Nebraska football too Smile
TIM TEBOW IS NOT AND I REPEAT NOT THE BEST COLLEGE PLAYER EVER NOT EVEN IN MY TOP 5 AND HE BARLEY IS IN MY TOP 5 OF BEST IN COLLEGE NOW
he will not make it in the pros he is another RYAN LEAF a big #1 BUST
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:TIM TEBOW IS NOT AND I REPEAT NOT THE BEST COLLEGE PLAYER EVER NOT EVEN IN MY TOP 5 AND HE BARLEY IS IN MY TOP 5 OF BEST IN COLLEGE NOW

Wow Ur Serious? Hes The Best College Player In the League. He Wont Make a Star Player in The NFL, He Knows This. Thats why he stayed. Tim Tebow is one of the best college football player of all time. Any Unbiased Fan will agree With That,
barrel Wrote:Tebow will also break Walker's record for TDs. How do they compare over the last 3 years? That would be 1 National title and 1 Heisman. If he wins another title and trophy that would put him with 2 titles and 2 trophies over 3 years.

I don't think that Tebow will win either of those this year. My guess is Colt McCoy - Heisman and Alabama - Natl Champs.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Ahhh please tell me you are a Husker fan!..Greatest team ever? IMO it was the 1995 Husker team with Tommy Frazier running that unstoppable option. Ask Steve Spurrier how amazing this team was. Frazier had the most unbelievable run Ive ever seen in that national title game..but I also loved the Rodgers/Jeff Kinney combo too..Im a Tide fan forever, but I love talkin Nebraska football too Smile

Actually I'm a fan of all the great programs (But must confess to having a Texas bias since I was a child and watched Jimmy Street lead the Horns to the '69 National Title).

I also did a little digging and found that Davis/Blanchard each won a Heisman for Army and 2 National titles ('44 and '45) and were denied a third ('46) only because of a 0-0 tie with Notre Dame (voted National Champs with the same record). Would they be in the discussion?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Straight up...this is the dumbest post in the history of Bluegrassrivals.com. Dangerousdaneersfan, you can thank this guy for replacing you. Bama WHIPPED the preseason #6 team on a NEUTRAL field. They WHIPPED this same Arkansas team by 28, and could have beaten them by 50! They WHIPPED the 16th ranked team in the country by 19 points (Ole Miss). They WHIPPED the 22nd ranked team in the country by 14 (South Carolina). Who have they beaten? LOL!! I have nothing against Tebow the man, because I think he is an OUTSTANDING person and one of the greatest college football players of all time. Bar none. Cant take that away from him, but look at Mark Ingrams stats. I wouldnt think its outrageous to say he's having a better season than Tim Tebow. Tebow doesnt have the weapons he had last season, and his statistics have suffered because of it. Tebow is a winner, and does what it takes to win, but to say Alabama is overrated, is absolutely STUPID. Florida beat a below average Tennessee team AT HOME by 10, beat up on a couple of high school teams (Troy and Charleston Southern). Got a ton of help fighting off Arkansas (you know what Im talking about) to win AT HOME by 3. And they didnt look impressive at all beating LSU, yet that is enough to say they arent half the team Florida is? Ive been an Alabama fan for over 25 years, and yeah I dont like all the bandwagon jumpers either, thats why I race to the reply button when people post crap like this.

Jump on the bandwagon? I never said I was a Florida fan because I am not. Like I said in other posts on the forum, I AM A TEXAS FAN and have been for about 10 years or so. I am a Tebow fan because he knows how to win. Say what you want about his stats, but he always WINS at the end. It shouldn't matter if you win every game by 1 or 50, a win is a win and a loss is a loss. Florida is unbeaten, therefore they are the true number 1 team, and they technically are because the BCS poll is all that matters anyways. Yes bama beat VT but they are another overrated and usually are. Ole miss, another overrated. South Carolina barely beat UK and UK is horrible. So you can compare other games if you want to, but when they play each other Florida will beat them. I would say Texas would probably beat the gators in the championship if they play, but who knows. Oh wait, according to your theory, Texas barely beat Oklahoma, who lost to BYU, who got killed by Florida State so that makes Florida state better than Texas. See, that sounds retarded. It doesn't matter how bad you beat somebody. You can't compare how 2 teams play the same opponents because there are certain match-ups that can cause blowouts or close games. I wouldn't go ahead and pencil bama in for the SEC championship game, they still have to play LSU by the way.
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:TIM TEBOW IS NOT AND I REPEAT NOT THE BEST COLLEGE PLAYER EVER NOT EVEN IN MY TOP 5 AND HE BARLEY IS IN MY TOP 5 OF BEST IN COLLEGE NOW

How someone projects into the pros or even performs in the pros is a total different thing. That has no impact on how good of a college player the kid is. Just like what someone does in college has no impact on how great of a HS player the kid is. BIG difference between Tebow and Leaf.

Tom Brady was not a great college QB but he is one heck of a pro. Vince Young was one heck of a college QB but not as a pro. Two different worlds.

One thing Tebow does that you do not see in the stats is the kid just wills his team to win. So far he comes through in big games with plays that need to be made.

As far as the guys from Army. I believe that is Mr. Inside and Mr. Outside and those two are often sited as 2 of the best players in college football history along with being on of the best backfields in college history.

The 95 Huskers might just be the best team college football has ever seen. The whole run of the Huskers during the 90s was VERY impressive.
Pages: 1 2