Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne 28 Paintsville 26 (Overtime)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big Sandy Playoffs !!
Bobcats will host Adams in semi-finals on Tuesday the 20th ...
This was the score I heard.
28 to 26 ?????? :/ i figured that would be a wipe out haha well our team got we wanted another shot at besty lane good luck . and if there feild is muddy well were use to it :rockon:
I heard Hamilton didnt play because of illness.
MR. Slate Wrote:I heard Hamilton didnt play because of illness.

What number is he? I know Paintsville was without their leading tackler #45 Prater Helton.

Paintsville has to be the most improved team this year, didn't BL beat them like 40-0 in the regular season?
Congrats BL
How about them Bobcats???!!!??? I'm sure coaches will have those boys ready come Tuesday! Biggest rivalry in these two schools history and it is sure to be a CATFIGHT! Best of luck to both teams.
TongueoliceLig I'm thinking you might see Adams, walk away with the win here. After we played them this year, I was talking to some of their fans and they said there boys were fired up wanting a another shot to go out and beat Betsy Lane. Adams was a very good football team, you put a little emotion and fire in their hearts, they might be just a little to much for Betsy to handle on Tuesday night.
Is Johnson Co. 8th alot better than the other local teams, why doesn't Adams, Betsy Layne, Paintsville and some of the other local middle schools play them??? If I coached a middle school team I would wan't to play them, not just there 7th grade team. From what I have seen on here a typical away game is Letcher and Hazard. Man up Adams, Betsy Layne and Paintsville and see what you really have!!!!!!!
rajon Wrote:Is Johnson Co. 8th alot better than the other local teams, why doesn't Adams, Betsy Layne, Paintsville and some of the other local middle schools play them??? If I coached a middle school team I would wan't to play them, not just there 7th grade team. From what I have seen on here a typical away game is Letcher and Hazard. Man up Adams, Betsy Layne and Paintsville and see what you really have!!!!!!!

Could not happen for Adams and Betsy Layne this season. Our board will only allow us to play 10 regular season games and with the conference having 9 teams in the small school division our slate was full after playing a game at Martin County. We have played JC 8th 4 times in the six years I have coached at Adams and taken our share of beatings. We will play anytime we get a chance to make our kids better. We had agreed to travel to Letcher 8th grade for a game this year and Coach Howard filled that slot with another team and didn't need us to come over that night. Don't worry, next season everybody will have to "MAN UP" as you say. The conference will be back to the way it used to be. All teams taking part in the same division, with one champion at the end. I ASSURE you Adams will be there and we will play whomever is on our schedule. Our preseason scrimmage was against Belfry 8th grade this season. Thanks for your concern...
Do a little research before you make a comment like this! JC has a great team but canoe man is correct, and by the way BL played JC early in the season in a grid and more than held their own! Good luck to both Floyd County schools on Tuesday night and to JC . Let s bring a BSVC championship to Floyd county.
canoeman06 Wrote:Could not happen for Adams and Betsy Layne this season. Our board will only allow us to play 10 regular season games and with the conference having 9 teams in the small school division our slate was full after playing a game at Martin County. We have played JC 8th 4 times in the six years I have coached at Adams and taken our share of beatings. We will play anytime we get a chance to make our kids better. We had agreed to travel to Letcher 8th grade for a game this year and Coach Howard filled that slot with another team and didn't need us to come over that night. Don't worry, next season everybody will have to "MAN UP" as you say. The conference will be back to the way it used to be. All teams taking part in the same division, with one champion at the end. I ASSURE you Adams will be there and we will play whomever is on our schedule. Our preseason scrimmage was against Belfry 8th grade this season. Thanks for your concern...

Great Post Coach!
Tired of hearing the other schools say if we we're in it we could win it ! Contact Canoe man He'll get you in if you want to play for a championship , if , not, come and watch the games and enjoy the popcorn !!!!!!!!
The Floyd Co. rule of only 10 games has hurt the development of all the Floyd Co. Middle School teams and consequently the High Schools. Canoeman and others involved in coaching teams, Is there any way you could lobby the Board or Ed. or the Athletic Dir. to change this and allow more games? Maybe 14?
They allow us 10 regular games plus the conference playoffs right now.
We will end up with 13 games after Saturday. I think that the line of thinking is : same as high school ????
Just wanted to wish Adams and BL good luck tommorrow night. It should be a good game because both teams have great young men playing for their schools. Play hard, have fun, and no matter the outcome both teams have proven they are winners. And I am sure whoever wins will do a wonderful job representing Floyd County.
Does JCMS have to play Ashland to make it to the Semi's in the state Tourney?
joey 48 Wrote:Does JCMS have to play Ashland to make it to the Semi's in the state Tourney?

We have to beat Rowan County on Wednesday to go . Rowan beat Ashland 48-16.