Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: October 17, 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
UK's LAST win over Auburn!!! UK 17-7:lmao:
Hmmm...why can UK never pick it up against an SEC team? I'd love to see a huge surprise out of Newton, if he were to start that is.
I sure hope we do win this weekend that way we can party like WVU and burn a bed, chair or couch.
Wow, I would have never guessed that.
Thats pretty crazy, but something even more crazy is going to happen saturday! UK will beat Auburn for the first time in 43 years!
CatDawg Wrote:I sure hope we do win this weekend that way we can party like WVU and burn a bed, chair or couch.

We may burn couches, but UK fans usually celebrate losses by tearing down goalposts (ala LSU ):lmao:
Don't forget the parades just for making the sweet 16 in basketball. You remind me of a Marshall fan that is always trying to get respect from WVU. Except you want it from the SEC.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:We may burn couches, but UK fans usually celebrate losses by tearing down goalposts (ala LSU ):lmao:

Do you have some deep down hate for UK Athletics? I mean if you do i understand. I get angry when i hear Duke and Win in the same conversation.
I mean no disrespect by it. I just love needling UK fans. I guess it stems from visiting the Louisville board.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:I mean no disrespect by it. I just love needling UK fans. I guess it stems from visiting the Louisville board.

so basically you just admitted it is uneducated rambling that holds no weight for a true discussion. So basically your just here to **** people off.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:so basically you just admitted it is uneducated rambling that holds no weight for a true discussion. So basically your just here to **** people off.

No, I may love to needle you guys, but I try to bring on some sort of intelligent conversation. You guys from Eastern Kentucky are just like the people in the state of WV. We are hard workinig, love our state University football and basketball team, and do not give a rats arse what our more learned brothers in Louisville or Pittsburgh may think about us. My old pal lives in Louisa. I have not seen his ugly mug in over 35 years. We accidently found each other on the Marshall message board. He lead me to here. He has done his best to educate me on Kentucky sports. I have ran into some pretty delusional UK fans on the Louisville smackboard. At least you guys here can be somewhat realistic about UK football.
little far fetched but i would love to see the cats win they need a big sec win to make up for the one they lost to the gamecocks
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:No, I may love to needle you guys, but I try to bring on some sort of intelligent conversation. You guys from Eastern Kentucky are just like the people in the state of WV. We are hard workinig, love our state University football and basketball team, and do not give a rats arse what our more learned brothers in Louisville or Pittsburgh may think about us. My old pal lives in Louisa. I have not seen his ugly mug in over 35 years. We accidently found each other on the Marshall message board. He lead me to here. He has done his best to educate me on Kentucky sports. I have ran into some pretty delusional UK fans on the Louisville smackboard. At least you guys here can be somewhat realistic about UK football.

oh well in that case feel free to make some intelligent discussions and not this junk :Thumbs: because trust me we know how long its been
Exactly.
Thought this thread title was more appropriate. Wink
Beat me to it. LMAO.
Obviously everybody had the same idea as I did LOL!! Oh yeah, Neersfan, if you and your West Virginia boys wanna know how to beat Auburn (because youve already proven this year, that you DONT), THIS is how you beat 'em Smile
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Thought this thread title was more appropriate. Wink

Very appropriate
:igiveup:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote::igiveup:

we dont accept peace around he we take prisoneers you'll hear about this one for a while lol :lmao:
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:we dont accept peace around he we take prisoneers you'll hear about this one for a while lol :lmao:

Congrats on beating an SEC team not named Vandy. Y'all talkiing BCS bowl yet??? Good luck Saturday vs Sisters of the Poor of Northern Louisiana.:redboxer:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Congrats on beating an SEC team not named Vandy. Y'all talkiing BCS bowl yet??? Good luck Saturday vs Sisters of the Poor of Northern Louisiana.:redboxer:

I know after that whipping you guy put on auburn..............Wait you didnt
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Congrats on beating an SEC team not named Vandy. Y'all talkiing BCS bowl yet??? Good luck Saturday vs Sisters of the Poor of Northern Louisiana.:redboxer:

At least we are playing them as a non-conference game, WVU schedules them every game..it's called Big East competition.

2008, WVU loses to East Carolina...UK then proceeds to take care of them.
2009, WVU loses to Auburn... Uk then proceeds to take care of them.

The sad reality is if WVU played UK's schedule they would be 2-4 right now.
Dang, I wish Pastilong and Barnhart would get together and let us play some football. I would even go as far as to get out of our final three games in Guv ordered Marshall series just to make it happen.

well **** the past two seasons we have done something WVU couldnt do, beat Auburn and beat ECU...Why are you still arguing this? WVU had a couple of good seasons and you act like they are a continous BCS contender. Combined record of your opponets are 21 and 18, 16-16 if you exclude Auburn, you've played ONE previously ranked team in Auburn which you lost. Against that weak competition you are still allowing over 20 points a game. We have played 4 either ranked or previously ranked teams back-back-back-back...Played the number one and now second ranked teams in the nation. Played 3 of the best defenses in the nation. Three of the better offenses in the nation and you think WVU would actually compete in that type of schedule you are badly mistaking. You're having trouble against teams that havent done ANYTHING...WVU may make a good bowl game based on they will end up with 8 or 9 wins playing worthless competition but hey get em how you can...Thats what we do with non-conference because out least our conference has a little bit of notarity
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:well **** the past two seasons we have done something WVU couldnt do, beat Auburn and beat ECU...Why are you still arguing this? WVU had a couple of good seasons and you act like they are a continous BCS contender. Combined record of your opponets are 21 and 18, 16-16 if you exclude Auburn, you've played ONE previously ranked team in Auburn which you lost. Against that weak competition you are still allowing over 20 points a game. We have played 4 either ranked or previously ranked teams back-back-back-back...Played the number one and now second ranked teams in the nation. Played 3 of the best defenses in the nation. Three of the better offenses in the nation and you think WVU would actually compete in that type of schedule you are badly mistaking. You're having trouble against teams that havent done ANYTHING...WVU may make a good bowl game based on they will end up with 8 or 9 wins playing worthless competition but hey get em how you can...Thats what we do with non-conference because out least our conference has a little bit of notarity

Great Post. Mmm bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:well **** the past two seasons we have done something WVU couldnt do, beat Auburn and beat ECU...Why are you still arguing this? WVU had a couple of good seasons and you act like they are a continous BCS contender. Combined record of your opponets are 21 and 18, 16-16 if you exclude Auburn, you've played ONE previously ranked team in Auburn which you lost. Against that weak competition you are still allowing over 20 points a game. We have played 4 either ranked or previously ranked teams back-back-back-back...Played the number one and now second ranked teams in the nation. Played 3 of the best defenses in the nation. Three of the better offenses in the nation and you think WVU would actually compete in that type of schedule you are badly mistaking. You're having trouble against teams that havent done ANYTHING...WVU may make a good bowl game based on they will end up with 8 or 9 wins playing worthless competition but hey get em how you can...Thats what we do with non-conference because out least our conference has a little bit of notarity
Well said and eloquently spoken (or typed lol), my friend :Clap::Thumbs:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Dang, I wish Pastilong and Barnhart would get together and let us play some football. I would even go as far as to get out of our final three games in Guv ordered Marshall series just to make it happen.
Yeah Im sure UK fans would have a whole lot more fun beating you all than Miami (OH) or UL Monroe Big Grin....and something tells me that we wouldnt see you back on this board again, which would suck for me because your posts ARE entertaining.....in a John Ray "We're getting better every game and the corner is about to get turned!" kinda way. Big Grin

For those that dont know, John Ray came from Notre Dame and coached UK for three seasons from '69-'72. He went 10-33, but was always positive and optimistic, no matter how bad they got beaten.

Ah, but the major difference is WVU is ranked and UK is not. Just because UK beat Auburn does not make a hoot of difference. UK is STILL 0-7 vs the SEC East the past two years. Yes, UK has won three bowl games. WVU has won 4 straight including TWO BCS bowls. AND WVU is and has been a BCS contender since 2004. WVU has been to 7 straight bowl games. I would probably wager right now that IF WVU were to meet UK in a bowl game, that WVU would win by three touchdowns. :flame:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Ah, but the major difference is WVU is ranked and UK is not. Just because UK beat Auburn does not make a hoot of difference. UK is STILL 0-7 vs the SEC East the past two years. Yes, UK has won three bowl games. WVU has won 4 straight including TWO BCS bowls. AND WVU is and has been a BCS contender since 2004. WVU has been to 7 straight bowl games. I would probably wager right now that IF WVU were to meet UK in a bowl game, that WVU would win by three touchdowns. :flame:

Based on what... WVU's loss to Auburn or WVU's tough win over Marshall?

You conveniently ignore the arguement that the reason WVU is able to reach a bowl so often, and contend for the BCS is because THEY ARE NOT IN THE SEC EAST.

For the sake of your arguement UK beating Auburn makes a whole "hoot" worth of difference ebcause Auburn shredded your beloved Mountaineers this year.
Pages: 1 2