Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Morgan Newton to Start Saturday ????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is actually quite late and I have been working on a lot of stuff for the site that will have to come out tomorrow. I will have a great deal tomorrow about the Billy Gillispie settlement, as conversations this evening have given me a very good understanding of how the process ended. In addition, as I sent out on Twitter earlier tonight, the “mystery guest” for the Big Blue Madness event seems to be Drake (at least if you believe the athetic department scuttlebutt) and we will talk more about that tomorrow as well.

However the one big story of the early part of the week continues to be the Quarterback situation for this Saturday’s game. I have spoken with multiple sources, all of whom say the same thing…the team believes that Morgan Newton will be the starter and are proceeding with that in mind. There has been some talk that Will Fidler was told that Newton would start and that the team was given the official word, but I cant confirm that beyond the speculation. However I do know that multiple sources on the team believe it will be Newton and that is the operating assumption.

While we have debated which player would be better to start, it is important to remember one other factor. The players on the team are very close to Fidler. Most of the players, especially the older guys, are friends with Will and there was a sentiment around the team that they were very excited that one of the more popular players on the team was going to “get his chance” to finally make it. If Newton ends up being the call, it will be interesting to watch how the game develops. Morgan will have to show leadership and convince his team that he has all the qualities that they hope to see in their young leader. In addition, the worry about Newton has been his ability to know the plays. More than one person has talked about how his system in high school allowed him to do his own thing and that the UK system has been a challenge. He will have to showcase that mastery of the system on Saturday to succeed and give the Cats a chance at a victory.

While the word isnt official that Newton is the guy, most everyone believes he will be. If that changes, it could give Fidler the chance to work without scrutiny…that would be good. But if it is Newton, the new era officially begins. And heres hoping Morgan is ready for that challenge.

More all day as we have a lot coming your way.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=31053
I think this is a wise choice, Newton is the future of UK for at least the next three years.
lpd826 Wrote:I think this is a wise choice, Newton is the future of UK for at least the next three years.

:Thumbs:
Thats what i have been saying all along! That Morgan Newton is gonna start and i thinik it's the best choice that Rich Brooks could make. He's a very talented freshman QB and if he gets the experience needed, we could have a very talented mainstay at QB for the next three years!
leecoukfan Wrote:Thats what i have been saying all along! That Morgan Newton is gonna start and i thinik it's the best choice that Rich Brooks could make. He's a very talented freshman QB and if he gets the experience needed, we could have a very talented mainstay at QB for the next three years!

I agree, go ahead and start pre-paring a qb for next year, Will and Hartline are both Juniors.
dont get upset when the freshmand makes some bad plays,but he will get there