Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: State Playoff Brackets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here are the Kentucky Middle School Football Assocation State Playoff Brackets for 2009.
I wish the Big Sandy next year will change some dates so the winners can compete for a state title. This is unfortunate for the kids.
Johnson Central is taking part in the state playoffs and they are in the Big Sandy.
Good luck to all
We made it a point to announce the date of the state playoffs and championship earlier this year (I believe in February). Our hope was that conferences would set up their respective seasons and conference tournaments in time to honor the time frame needed for the state playoffs.

The KMSFA has increased in size dramatically this year. We are hopefully, and fairly certain, that it will be much of the same for 2010.

If your coach has any interest in more information about joining and the many benefits, please feel free to have him contact me privately.
Who is favored on winning the 7th grade and 8th grade championship
:yes: Cumberland Finally plays Harlan this saturday at Redskins home field For state playoffs. Should be a good game.
How is Johnson Co going to play in this, and in the Big Sandy too if it is at the same time?
herny county has a pretty tuff team. They have practically destoryed evry team they have played. I guess we will have to see how they do when they play tuffer teams such as Anderson county.
Don't you guys play Lexington Catholic first round of the playoffs or are you already counting that as a win?
canoeman06 Wrote:Johnson Central is taking part in the state playoffs and they are in the Big Sandy.

Who do they play? They are not included in the brackets that are posted in this thread.
Johnson County 8th takes on the winner of New Harlan and Knox County at Whitesburg on Wednesday October 21. I wish I would have put the 7th grade team in it, but I didn't because of the amount of games they have played. They will end up with either 14 or 15 games. I think we would have been the favorite to make it the Finals.
MR. Slate Wrote:Johnson County 8th takes on the winner of New Harlan and Knox County at Whitesburg on Wednesday October 21. I wish I would have put the 7th grade team in it, but I didn't because of the amount of games they have played. They will end up with either 14 or 15 games. I think we would have been the favorite to make it the Finals.

:Thumbs: Thanks Coach
the henry county wildcats are a good squad look for them maybe going all the way
Updated brackets as of 7:00PM today.

Still awaiting a couple of scores though.
Any idea what time Shelby West and Bluegrass Middle play on Wednesday night?
My assumption here is so that the winner can play on Saturday vs the winner of Meade County v/s Corbin?

This would give the final teams a week to prepare for the final 2 games the following weekend.

Again, that is my guess. There are a couple of teams who have moved their games to Tuesday or Thursday night because of different issues. Just FYI.
Shelby West vs. Bluegrass MS 6pm
do you have any info. on a revised 7th grade bracket.....Corbin is playing southern paluski instead of greenup/lewis winner, thanks
Shelby West 6pm
redhound93 Wrote:do you have any info. on a revised 7th grade bracket.....Corbin is playing southern paluski instead of greenup/lewis winner, thanks

That makes a lot more sense, instead of giving Southern Pulaski & Lex Cath a double bye they should play the Greenup/Lewis winner and Corbin. The original bracket was really slanted toward the winner of the Lex Cath and Southern Pulaski game on the east side.
When is the next meeting? This has been great for Middle school football. Thanks.
We were told today 6:30 For Shelby West and Bluegrass Middle
Is that 6:30 Sat?

The meeting has been at the Louisville Nike CoY clinic the past 2 years. I am not sure that is when it is going to be or not.
New Harlan and Johnson County will be playing at Whitesburg...is this correct?

Where will the Morgan County/Raceland VS. Cumberland game be?
Shelby West and Bluegrass will be at John Hardin High School at 6pm Wed. Oct 21st. Did not hear the time changed to 6:30pm but would not be surprised. Ill be there at 6pm just in case...
Handout Bluegrass coach gave us says game time 6pm at John Hardin...but no telling theses things seem to change minute by minute.
Why is some teams get a bye ,and others don't?Confusedhh:
goal_line Wrote:Why is some teams get a bye ,and others don't?Confusedhh:

Because there are 20 teams. I know more than 1 team got a bye but even if everyone played the first round someone would have to get a bye in the 2nd.
PhatBoy Wrote:New Harlan and Johnson County will be playing at Whitesburg...is this correct?

Where will the Morgan County/Raceland VS. Cumberland game be?

From Coach Turner at MCMS - Morgan v Cumberland game will be Saturday, Oct. 24th at 1:00 p.m. at Herdman Field in West Liberty , KY.
Pages: 1 2 3