Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hartline out for the season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to Kentucky Sports Radio and other outlets he is done for the year.

Hate that for him considering he had played so well yesterday and was giving us a good chance to win.

I think they have to pull Newtons' redshirt now if we want any chance of going to a bowl game.
Well that is gonna kill us.

We deff. have to get Newton in there now bc Fidler just cant get the job done.
They won't pull Newton's redshirt, he's not ready.
Well if they dont pull Newtons redshirt then we have to put Cobb at QB IMO but I dont rlly wanna do that either bc we need him at WR, but its gonna be a rough rest of the season.
I didnt get to see fidler, i had to leave for work as soon as hartline went down, how did he do? i also heard that cobb marched us 70 yards for a Td then we gave it to fidler for the 2 point conversion
I hate to hear this, but I think we will be fine with Fidler & Cobb.
I think you pull Newtons redshirt even if he isnt ready to look towards the future Fidler has no future with us he is a senior. He is just as ready as Newton is IMO. We can run alot of option with him as well. If you do anything I think they stick with Cobb unfortuantley and I think the offensive scheme changes alot. May see alot of option, mainly screen and quick slants, hurry up offense and so on...Cobb will see the rest of the time IMO but I think Newton would be a wise decision even if hes not ready we need 2 solidified QBs and Cobb for future reference.

This also means a MRI has came back negative a Hyperextension based on severity is at most a 3 week injury to recover from, had some sever ones in high school and normaly came back in about 2 weeks but they are so painful that knee is never going to be the same either way. His 3 step drop would be really affected stepping up in the pocket and so on.
Well everyone seems to forget about Moss.... I think he is as ready as Newton or filder.. I was ready for Newton at the beginning... but now I just want to win.
I'm glad to see Cobb get the chance to QB, but I didn't want it as a result of an injury to Hartline. I hope to see the "Kid" have a speedy recovery. Hate to see this happen to any young man.
I know im gonna get blasted for saying this but im glad he's out..not glad he's hurt..just glad he's out..I would put Newton in for sure, how will he ever get ready if he does'nt see the field?
Morgan Newton would be the best shot at Quarterback, he is, in my opinion, the second best quarterback on the team now. We really need to keep Cobb at WR because he is our best reciever. Even though Cobb would be our best QB too we have a weak recieving core so they need to pull Newton's redshirt and put him in at QB if they wanna have any hope of salvaging the season.
Looks like the Hartline bashers got their wish.:igiveup:
The latest from KSR says that Rich Brooks has given an update in which Filder and Newton will take reps in practice this week. Newton's redshirt will be pulled!
Batpuff Wrote:Well everyone seems to forget about Moss.... I think he is as ready as Newton or filder.. I was ready for Newton at the beginning... but now I just want to win.

how's his shoulder???
Well, All the Hartline haters should be happy now. I really didnt want to see this, I like what Hartline was doing for this team. I think he was just now turning it on, he played well yesterday against SC but Im with everyone else when they want Newton but I dont think they are gonna pull the redshirt.I just want to win and get another bowl win, I hope Fidler can get the job done! GO CATS!!!
Great post MVP2
MVP2 Wrote:Well, All the Hartline haters should be happy now. I really didnt want to see this, I like what Hartline was doing for this team. I think he was just now turning it on, he played well yesterday against SC but Im with everyone else when they want Newton but I dont think they are gonna pull the redshirt.I just want to win and get another bowl win, I hope Fidler can get the job done! GO CATS!!!

I just posted Rich Brooks said they have pulled his redshirt.
leecoukfan Wrote:Morgan Newton would be the best shot at Quarterback, he is, in my opinion, the second best quarterback on the team now. We really need to keep Cobb at WR because he is our best reciever. Even though Cobb would be our best QB too we have a weak recieving core so they need to pull Newton's redshirt and put him in at QB if they wanna have any hope of salvaging the season.

From Alcoa, TN we are sorry to hear about the injury to Hartline this weekend. Randall, if you read these posts, please know that the Alcoa faithful are pulling for you and UK no matter what position you end up playing. You have made many UK fans here in TN that pull for you every week. You played a GREAT game this week and I truly wish that I was able to see Spurrier crying at the end of that game. You truly are an inspiration to the athletes, families and fans from Alcoa. Go Wildcats!!
Kentucky is pulling the "red shirt" status of Morgan Newton and he will battle Wil Fidler for the starting QB job heading to the plains of Auburn...
MVP2 Wrote:Well, All the Hartline haters should be happy now. I really didnt want to see this, I like what Hartline was doing for this team. I think he was just now turning it on, he played well yesterday against SC but Im with everyone else when they want Newton but I dont think they are gonna pull the redshirt.I just want to win and get another bowl win, I hope Fidler can get the job done! GO CATS!!!
bowl? did someone say bowl? we will be lucky to win 2 more games. i wish the cats the best and hope i eat crow on this one but we couldnt hold on to a pass if drew brees was throwing the ball .and who gives up a field goal{3 points=1 point win}on the road to fake out spurrier,and who rides a horse 70 yards to paydirt and then hands over the reins to a backup qb for a 2pt conversion?i want to see newton turn this team around as much as anyone else but not at the risk of losing him to injury.i hope we use fidler and give our man newton a better opportunity next season.:dontthink
This will hurt more than UK fans would like to think.
Sucks to hear about Hartline...

I hope he has a speedy recovery.
big blu 2 u Wrote:bowl? did someone say bowl? we will be lucky to win 2 more games. i wish the cats the best and hope i eat crow on this one but we couldnt hold on to a pass if drew brees was throwing the ball .and who gives up a field goal{3 points=1 point win}on the road to fake out spurrier,and who rides a horse 70 yards to paydirt and then hands over the reins to a backup qb for a 2pt conversion?i want to see newton turn this team around as much as anyone else but not at the risk of losing him to injury.i hope we use fidler and give our man newton a better opportunity next season.:dontthink

UK will win 3 more wins I can assure you that ( Vandy, EKU, and Lousiana Monroe) Im confident that UK can beat Miss St at home and I wouldnt be surpised if UK pulls one out this year at Athens, this is not the topically UGA team that is always dominate in the SEC. UK only lost to them by 4 last season and the bulldogs was a much better team last year than this year IMO.UK always give Tenn a run for the money at home but can never get the job done so I wont count us out of that game either.

PC_You_Know Wrote:I just posted Rich Brooks said they have pulled his redshirt.

Aye, thats great Im pulling for Newton to be the starter. I just didnt see you post that. Sorry.
What sucks the most is the fact that Hartline was having such a great game after everyone (even in the Big Blue Community) decided to throw him under the bus. Kentucky still has options for QB and should be able to pull some talent from Newton, that is if he's ready to play at the college level; but we'll see soon enough.
Whether or not he is ready, he is going to get the call either way. Fidler has a bad game, they will put him in.