Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Carolina 28 - Kentucky 26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Final!
lol we both posted at the same time.

that fake field goal came back and bit kentucky right in the butt
^ and the phantom holding and the 2 point conversion with Fidler. Frustrating
Shame UK couldn't win this game.

Keep your heads up Cats!
I don't understand why you put Fidler in at QB for the 2 point conversion after Cobb just marched us 70 yards for the TD.
I don't understand the play clock rule at the end of the game. They reset the play clock and cost us fifteen seconds, run 20 more off then false start. You would think the clock wouldn't start on the ready since USC is running out the clock, but no it runs another 25 seconds. Instead of having to run two plays they go in the victory and seal the deal. If you are up with 2-3 minutes left why not have an o-lineman stand up and run the clock out?
TC Drake drops a TD pass, Cobb drops a TD pass in the 2nd quarter and a stupid call on Rich Brooks part of faking FG on the road when finally Sieber has been kicking the ball well on FG.... That's a possible 17 points you left on the field, let's not even discuss the CB not turning their heads to locate the football.....

In reality, that's Kentucky Football........ Could have, would have and should have....
The play clock issue was strange to me as well. I don't understand why we didn't use Cobb more all day especially after Hartline was knocked out. Then when he has the Mo and is driving them easily down the field they change up on the 2 pt conversion. doesn't make any sense. I don't think the fake FG really hurt us that much sense they turned the ball right back over to us on the QB fumble if I'm recalling correctly. I did have a problem with the play still being active until UK stipped the WR of the ball on that last USC scoring drive. If the play was dead then blow it dead don't let them continue to go for the ball then when they get it out they blow the whistle.
That's true as well and the play clock thing was strange, but the dropped passes by TC Drake and Cobb for possible TD and the FG is all that people will remember because that's a possible 17 points left on the field
Special teams coverage and defensive secondary play beat us today! The offense played extremely well (with the exception of a few plays), but anyone is going to score when they start on the 35-40 yard line each time. Great game by Hartline, Locke, and Cobb. The fake field goal was horrible. We get the 3 points, we don't even have to worry about a 2-point conversion. You hate to lose, but they can take a lot of good things from the performance. I think we really have a chance is we can get Hartline and Lindley back. If not, it's going to be another long game! Keep your head up, Cats!!
Once, just once in my life before I walk through the gates, I want to see Steve Spurrier walk off of a football field embarrassed after getting blwon out by UK. And I want whoever the UK football coach is, to quip to the interviewer, "Ah, we only won by 45, but our backups got some good looks".. Sad
I absolutely hate losing to Steve Spurrier, but we looked good today. I don't know what our defense was thinking toward the end of the game cause we dropped our LBs back into coverage and it kept the clock moving. They should have stayed home to prevent the draw like we had been doing. OL & DL played fantastic this afternoon. The secondary was eaten alive, but our two starting DBs where out with injuries.

I really hope Hartline is alright, but to be honest anyone can hand the ball off and throw a screen pass. I think will be alright if Hartline's injury is a long-term one.

Build off of this one and got get those Tigers!
Thinking about that faked field goal is just so frustrating.
The fake field goal don't bother me that much. If it works he is a a guts great play call, if not he hears the moaning and groaning. Wisconsin used the same fake and it worked in close to the same situation. Was that a bad call?
The biggest tragedy today was the fact that on 3rd and 5 we let SC run a draw and pick up a first down. That was horrible coaching when you know that USCjr's main priority is to run the clock out.

If Trevard Linldey plays UK wins this game. As it stands just another installment in the book of "UK Failed Opportunities"
During this game, I looked at the guy sitting next to me and said (after the failed fake FG attempt) that 1 or 2 points would be the difference of this game. Rich Brooks, a seasoned coach, should know better than to take points off the score board....the Cats had a gutsy effort, but it just wasn't enough and missing our All-American CB and the other corner decided this game. SC and Spurrier continuously isolated the backside receiver (#1) and threw to him in certain situations that lead to 3 TDs. Hats off to both teams, but this loss is going to have to lie on the shoulders of the person that made the dumb decision of not taking the easy 3.
Post Game Wrote:It appears that Hartline's injury is serious and he'll more than likely be out next week versus Auburn and possibly longer. Off. coordinator Joker Phillips said he will evaluate his options for the QB posistion including Cobb & possibly pulling Morgan Newton's redshirt.

Phillips & Corey Peters went on to say that the fans wanted the change at QB and they got it. Peters then went on to say that he feels like there are people who are going to be happy Hartline got injured and won't be playing.

It appears that Hartline may be more of a leader than most of us thought, but I don't think we will see much of a difference in our offense or play-calling if this ends up being a long-term injury.
IRISH4 Wrote:During this game, I looked at the guy sitting next to me and said (after the failed fake FG attempt) that 1 or 2 points would be the difference of this game. Rich Brooks, a seasoned coach, should know better than to take points off the score board....the Cats had a gutsy effort, but it just wasn't enough and missing our All-American CB and the other corner decided this game. SC and Spurrier continuously isolated the backside receiver (#1) and threw to him in certain situations that lead to 3 TDs. Hats off to both teams, but this loss is going to have to lie on the shoulders of the person that made the dumb decision of not taking the easy 3.

I thought about it and although I agree that Brooks & comp. should have kicked the FG, but if we pulled it off and got the 1st down - Brooks & comp. would have been considered geniuses. But atleast we took a chance although we failed.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:It appears that Hartline may be more of a leader than most of us thought, but I don't think we will see much of a difference in our offense or play-calling if this ends up being a long-term injury.
All I have heard from people on here is how bad he sucks and that he shouldn't play and that we need a new QB in there. Well now they have it. We can't run the Wildcat all the time. So I hope these people are happy.
I have been a huge advocate that UK should stick with Hartline and not waste Newton's redshirt. Now that Hartline is injured, and will probably miss most if not all of the season, I think you have to play Newton. When you had a redshirt Junior who had won the starting spot, coupled with the fact that Brooks had openly stated Newton wasn't ready and couldn't win the #2 spot, it was a no braner to me that for better or worse you stick with hartline and save a year of eligibility. as the scenario stands now the disparity between Fidler and Newton is minable and the upside for playing the Fresh. Newton is greater than playing the Senior Fidler.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I have been a huge advocate that UK should stick with Hartline and not waste Newton's redshirt. Now that Hartline is injured, and will probably miss most if not all of the season, I think you have to play Newton. When you had a redshirt Junior who had won the starting spot, coupled with the fact that Brooks had openly stated Newton wasn't ready and couldn't win the #2 spot, it was a no braner to me that for better or worse you stick with hartline and save a year of eligibility. as the scenario stands now the disparity between Fidler and Newton is minable and the upside for playing the Fresh. Newton is greater than playing the Senior Fidler.

Very much agreed.

I doubt this will actually happen though.
:lmao: UK is now 0-7 in two years vs the SEC East.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote::lmao: UK is now 0-7 in two years vs the SEC East.

Didn't you guys lose to ECU last season, whom UK defeated? TongueirateSho
The fake FG didnt rlly hurt us bc 2 plays later we got the ball back off that fumble and kicked a FG so that didnt hurt us.
Have to give WVU fans a break they had a tough game today beating a team that is lead by a former basketball player.
UkFan23 Wrote:The fake FG didnt rlly hurt us bc 2 plays later we got the ball back off that fumble and kicked a FG so that didnt hurt us.
:Thumbs:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Once, just once in my life before I walk through the gates, I want to see Steve Spurrier walk off of a football field embarrassed after getting blwon out by UK. And I want whoever the UK football coach is, to quip to the interviewer, "Ah, we only won by 45, but our backups got some good looks".. Sad
Amen brother
this is how it goes uk plays good but brooks f it up when it counts..o well cant wait till basketball.....
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Didn't you guys lose to ECU last season, whom UK defeated? TongueirateSho

Rich Brooks' steller record vs the SEC....13-38
The SEC East vs teams not named Vandy...1-25

But take heart Cayut fans. Basketball season starts next week!!!!
Pages: 1 2