Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: CORBIN V.S MEECE conference championship.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Corbin comes in around 4 point favorites. They won 12-6 in a mud bowl earlier this season! A real rival game. I would say... CORBIN 20-12 over SOMERSET! GO HOUNDS! Game time: TUES.13TH OF OCT. AT 8:00 PM. at CORBIN. winner advances to state!
REDHOUND NATION! Wrote:Corbin comes in around 4 point favorites. They won 12-6 in a mud bowl earlier this season! A real rival game. I would say... CORBIN 20-12 over SOMERSET! GO HOUNDS! Game time: TUES.13TH OF OCT. AT 8:00 PM. at CORBIN. winner advances to state!
Well I will say this Go MEECE... As for this year things are a little different both are in state no matter what the outcome... They are both in two different divisions and they went by the size of the schools this time. So Corbin good luck with your all's Journey and we will see you all in the dawg pound...:rockon:
I thought we were in the same conference? So are you sure we have a automatic bid to state?
LOL! OMG! Did I truly read above that a "Middle School" game, has around a 4 point favorite! I have now heard it all. I missed the odds for High School games when I was in Vegas, definetly couldn't find the Middle School.

JK
CRIME DAWG Wrote:Well I will say this Go MEECE... As for this year things are a little different both are in state no matter what the outcome... They are both in two different divisions and they went by the size of the schools this time. So Corbin good luck with your all's Journey and we will see you all in the dawg pound...:rockon:

Even if they were the same size they both would get into the state playoffs.
The top 2 from a conference get in and sometimes the top 3 depending on the size of the conference. There are 3 independent spots and some at large spots also for teams to get in.
barrel Wrote:Even if they were the same size they both would get into the state playoffs.
The top 2 from a conference get in and sometimes the top 3 depending on the size of the conference. There are 3 independent spots and some at large spots also for teams to get in.
Thanks for clearing that up, Last year corbin lost the conference to meece and still got in to become runner ups. This state contest will be anyones on one side but clearly bowling green is heads above the rest. I think it should be champs of your school size, to make things even. like for instance 2-A champs and so on. So i guess only way for corbin to make a statement is to repeat last year and make a showing at the championships!! " maybe then" GO HOUNDS!
REDHOUND NATION! Wrote:Thanks for clearing that up, Last year corbin lost the conference to meece and still got in to become runner ups. This state contest will be anyones on one side but clearly bowling green is heads above the rest. I think it should be champs of your school size, to make things even. like for instance 2-A champs and so on. So i guess only way for corbin to make a statement is to repeat last year and make a showing at the championships!! " maybe then" GO HOUNDS!
This might help out a little ...The way they have it set up is like this. They combine the total males that a middle school has in 7th and 8th grade and make D1 and D2 divisions. If your Middle school has 175 or more male students in 7th and 8th grade you are a D1 division which we were told that corbins has 193 7th and 8th graders in there middle school. So that would make them a D1 school. Now for Meece they either have 103 or 105 male students in 7th and 8th grade so that put them into a D2 division. There suppose to be 4 divisions if I'm telling this right to keep things more even than last year. This is how the system was explained to me.
CRIME DAWG Wrote:This might help out a little ...The way they have it set up is like this. They combine the total males that a middle school has in 7th and 8th grade and make D1 and D2 divisions. If your Middle school has 175 or more male students in 7th and 8th grade you are a D1 division which we were told that corbins has 193 7th and 8th graders in there middle school. So that would make them a D1 school. Now for Meece they either have 103 or 105 male students in 7th and 8th grade so that put them into a D2 division. There suppose to be 4 divisions if I'm telling this right to keep things more even than last year. This is how the system was explained to me.
Are they a web sight that states all the new rules and regs.? You would think to simplify things just have a 1A, 2A,3A, and so on champs, instead of counting male students.. makes better since!
Where did you hear that corbin has 194 males in their middle school?
The rules are posted on the website - http://www.kymiddleschoolfootball.com

As for having more than 2 classes, as I have stated on here several times before, there are not enough middle school football programs in the state committed to this. We would love to expand to possibly 3 classes one day, but unfortunately there are a lot of middle school coaches who are happy just winning their conference's championship and don't wish to compete against teams from across the state.

Last year (our first year) we had 8 8th Grade teams and 8 7th grade teams that made up the state playoffs. There were no divisions based on enrollment. In order for us to expand the playoffs, the current system was agreed to at the KMSFA's annual meeting.

If your respective middle school program isn't in the association (it only costs $50 a year), you need to ask your coach or AD why not? We provide TONS of services (including very low cost liability insurance, training, communications, etc.) for middle school coaches, not to mention these state playoffs for 3 different classifications (D1, D2, & 7th grade).

If you want more information, please feel free to contact me privately.
REDHOUND NATION! Wrote:Where did you hear that corbin has 194 males in their middle school?

The KMSFA uses the KDE report from 2008 to determine what classification each respective school is placed in.

It goes by male enrollment in 7th and 8th grade. Over 175 is D1. 175 and under is classified as D2. There is only one level for all 7th grade teams entered.
FF40212 Wrote:The KMSFA uses the KDE report from 2008 to determine what classification each respective school is placed in.

It goes by male enrollment in 7th and 8th grade. Over 175 is D1. 175 and under is classified as D2. There is only one level for all 7th grade teams entered.
Thanks for the 411, This year will be totally different! GOOD LUCK ALL THAT IS IN IT... CORBIN HOPES TO SEE YOUR TEAM SOON!!!