Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pre-season top 25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know when the College Basketball Pre-season rankings will come out?

Post your top 10 here. Post your top 25 if you like...I'll post mine when some other people do, I didn't get to watch hardly any ball last year so therefore I don't know much about who should be ranked.
UK = Numero Uno.
Then all the rest, because the only thing that matters is that we're back on top! (That's what she said.) Big Grin
Jshort5 Wrote:UK = Numero Uno.
Then all the rest, because the only thing that matters is that we're back on top! (That's what she said.) Big Grin

:lmao: You just went there didn't you :yikes: :biggrin:
UK, Kansas, Michigan State

Villanova, Texas

Duke, Illinois, Purdue, IF Minnesota's freshmen play the way they are capable they could be top 10-15 team.

Update!!!
I wanted to make a point of layering the teams. UK, KU and MSU are that much better than Vill and UT and they are better than.........
Well i would put UK number 1 because we have got the best freshman class to ever exist plus big PP. Besides that i will post the rest when i have more time to think about it.
lwc Wrote:UK, Kansas, Michigan State

Villanova, Texas
I'd have to agree with this. Kentucky, Kansas, and Michigan should be top 3. After that, there's quite a drop off, but Villanova and Texas are further ahead than the rest.
1.Kansas
2.Michigan State
3.Texas
4.UNC
5.Villanova
6.UK
7.Purdue
8.West Virginia
9.Tennessee
10.Mississippi State (if Renardo Sidney can play)
Infamous Wrote:1.Kansas
2.Michigan State
3.Texas
4.UNC
5.Villanova
6.UK
7.Purdue
8.West Virginia
9.Tennessee

R U crazy?

1. Kentucky
2. Kansas
3.UNC
4.Michigan State
5.Villinova
Kansas
Kentucky
Mich State
Villanova
Texas
UNC

then everyone else
2.Michigan State
3.Texas
4.UNC
5.Villanova
6.UK
7.Purdue
8.West Virginia
9.Tennessee

I think i just ****ed my pants

Kansas
Kentucky
Michigan State
sherman14 Wrote:R U crazy?

1. Kentucky
2. Kansas
3.UNC
4.Michigan State
5.Villinova

not crazy.. jus not a biased uk fan. :eyeroll:
1. Kansas
2. Michigan State
3. UK
4. Texas
5. UNC
6. WVU
7. Purdue
8. Uconn
9. Nova
10. Duke
11. Louisville
12. Oklahoma
13. Gonzaga
14. Pitt
15. Mississippi State
16. UCLA
17. Syracuse
18. Mizzou
19. Xavier
20. Washington
21. Arizona State
22. BYU
23. Marquette
24. Memphis
25. Oklahoma State

I thought about this but it is like any rankings it is hard to determine anything before you see anybody play can my beloved UK's high profile million dollar roster co- exist they say they can but we will see is the henry kid going to win every game for kansa by his self, so other people will have to help, texas will be a tough out like always then you have ol roy you know he will have the heels playing up to par so see what i am saying you can agree or disagree but this is a great topic

leecoukfan Wrote:Well i would put UK number 1 because we have got the best freshman class to ever exist plus big PP. Besides that i will post the rest when i have more time to think about it.

Better than the Fab Five hun? NO WAY!
UK #1 because????? I just don't get it. It's great to be gung ho about our team, but to be real. I sure hope we don't have people jumping off bridges if we can't live up to the expectation. Brand new coach with a Brand new system, coaching kids he has never coached before and all the equals #1. Great, Hoo-Ya. I hope that's the case, but something tells me we have a group of very loyal naivetés.
Preseason rankings doesnt mean anything in college basketball!
2.Michigan State
3.Texas
4.UNC
5.Villanova
6.UK
7.Purdue
8.West Virginia
9.Tennessee

That looks good...we have done nothing to deserve a #1 ranking at this point. We don't even hardly have any players that have done anything here yet. (Besides the obvious playmakers we have)

I'm not going to put UK #1 a year after missing the NCAA Tourny just because of 1 player and the #1 recruiting class.
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:1. Kansas
2. Michigan State
3. UK
4. Texas
5. UNC
6. WVU
7. Purdue
8. Uconn
9. Nova
10. Duke
11. Louisville
12. Oklahoma
13. Gonzaga
14. Pitt
15. Mississippi State
16. UCLA
17. Syracuse
18. Mizzou
19. Xavier
20. Washington
21. Arizona State
22. BYU
23. Marquette
24. Memphis
25. Oklahoma State

I thought about this but it is like any rankings it is hard to determine anything before you see anybody play can my beloved UK's high profile million dollar roster co- exist they say they can but we will see is the henry kid going to win every game for kansa by his self, so other people will have to help, texas will be a tough out like always then you have ol roy you know he will have the heels playing up to par so see what i am saying you can agree or disagree but this is a great topic

That is one squared-away top 25 right there man...good job. Anyone know when the AP preseason poll is being released?
1.Kansas
2. Michigan State
3.Kentucky
4.North Carolina
5.Texas
6.Villanova
7.UConn
8.Duke
9.West Virginia
10.Purdue
1.Kansas
2.Mich. State
3.Nova
4.Kentucky
5.UNC
Infamous Wrote:not crazy.. jus not a biased uk fan. :eyeroll:

We'll see when UK picks up #8
Kentucky top 5.....thats all that matters. and i also see them taking a number 1 seed when it comes to the NCAA Tournament in March.
Biased just like Hubert Davis was when he said by switching coaches we couldn't get better enough to be a top 5 team. Smile I still think we are giving this team too much considering they haven't played one game. What is going to happen if we loose two or three games? How many are going to stick with Coach Cal even if we have bad times? Some people couldn't the first two years under Brooks, and even this year when we lost two games already someone is wanting him to step down. Stand by our coaches no matter what. It is ok to be a critic, but not critic enough to say they need to go. I think having UK so high in the polls only hurts them. You want to finish the regular season #1 not begin #1. To me UK should be about #6 and that is being very fair.
Stardust Wrote:Better than the Fab Five hun? NO WAY!

This class is better than the fab 5, no they wont stay together that long but this is the best freshman class ever with out any any any at all!!! doubt:rockon:
Here is CBSsports final pre-season rankings.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketba...y/12316643

1. Kansas
2. UK
3. Michigan St.
4. Texas
5. UNC

That is your top 5 according to CBS.
So when in the **** are the pre-season rankings coming out?!?!