Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Gameday Decision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This weeks gameday decision goes down into the depths of Gator land. With Tim Tebow being out for one whole week and then not practicing yesterday still not cleared as of today if he comes back with just one or two days of practice under his belt do you start the star QB in a most improtant game against LSU. Tebow will clearly not be 100% probley not even 90% do you risk the rest of the season and his health on one game? The ball is in your hands now coaches what is your decision and why?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:This weeks gameday decision goes down into the depths of Gator land. With Tim Tebow being out for one whole week and then not practicing yesterday still not cleared as of today if he comes back with just one or two days of practice under his belt do you start the star QB in a most improtant game against LSU. Tebow will clearly not be 100% probley not even 90% do you risk the rest of the season and his health on one game? The ball is in your hands now coaches what is your decision and why?

Start Brantley, and let Tebow dress. Depending on Brantley's performance, is whether or not Tebow is forced into action.
"Tim, we really don't care if you have headaches for the rest of your life and your livelihood could be affected forever, we just need this WIN! Go get'em"
Stardust Wrote:"Tim, we really don't care if you have headaches for the rest of your life and your livelihood could be affected forever, we just need this WIN! Go get'em"

:Thumbs:
He will play. He could play right now but they will drag this out all week in the news. Come Saturday it will be a big to-do but he will play.
If he isn't feeling 100%, I would not play him. Brantley is talented enough to start against LSU. Like Blue Blur said, Brantley's performance should determine how much playing time Tebow gets.
Amun-Ra Wrote:He will play. He could play right now but they will drag this out all week in the news. Come Saturday it will be a big to-do but he will play.

thats not the discussion what would YOU do and why
so if he does start and gets another concussion what type of scruitny could a coach recieve from such a decsion?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:so if he does start and gets another concussion what type of scruitny could a coach recieve from such a decsion?
If he gets another concussion, that's just something that happens. I don't think the concussion from the Kentucky game would have any relevance to a second or third one. Look at guys like Troy Aikman and Steve Young. They had how many concussions and continued to play? I don't think Urban Meyer would catch a lot of scrutiny if Tebow got knocked out a second time. Injuries happen. However, I would not play him if he was anything below 100%. He was not only battling concussion symptoms, but he was ill with the flu too.
Start the backup and use Tebow in different formations just to fool the defense.
Lets be honest SUPERMAN will start. Florida is just milking another freakin story to keep there name in the headlines. Im sick of hearing of Florida and Tim freakin Tebow, i need to take some advil.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:thats not the discussion what would YOU do and why
Oh in that case I would play him becuase he is not that bad off and I would also quit acting like he is the second coming of Jesus.
amun-ra Wrote:oh in that case i would play him becuase he is not that bad off and i would also quit acting like he is the second coming of jesus.

haha
StrikeoutKing Wrote:If he gets another concussion, that's just something that happens. I don't think the concussion from the Kentucky game would have any relevance to a second or third one. Look at guys like Troy Aikman and Steve Young. They had how many concussions and continued to play? I don't think Urban Meyer would catch a lot of scrutiny if Tebow got knocked out a second time. Injuries happen. However, I would not play him if he was anything below 100%. He was not only battling concussion symptoms, but he was ill with the flu too.

Idk i feel like IF Tebow is not 100% and you turn around and play him right away with out much practice because he is not ready and then come firday they are like hey we are realsing you and he plays and get F'd upagain I think Meyer may catch some flake from the fan base...Sports are alot diffrent from when Aikman and such played and fans are alot diffrent IMO
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Idk i feel like IF Tebow is not 100% and you turn around and play him right away with out much practice because he is not ready and then come firday they are like hey we are realsing you and he plays and get F'd upagain I think Meyer may catch some flake from the fan base...Sports are alot diffrent from when Aikman and such played and fans are alot diffrent IMO
I totally agree. That's why I said I wouldn't play him unless he was full strength. This a big game for both teams, but I think Meyer is well aware that it's a player's health that could be in question. I don't think he will endanger someone's health for a football game. But I see what you're saying and agree with you.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I totally agree. That's why I said I wouldn't play him unless he was full strength. This a big game for both teams, but I think Meyer is well aware that it's a player's health that could be in question. I don't think he will endanger someone's health for a football game. But I see what you're saying and agree with you.

idk shouldnt have been playing in late in the 3rd lol just messin
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:idk shouldnt have been playing in late in the 3rd lol just messin
You're just looking to start an argument aren't you? :dontthink :redboxer: haha

I agree he shouldn't have been playing. But the fact is, most coaches in America would have had their starting QB in the game at that time.
Florida (IMO) doesn't even need Tebow versus LSU. Brantley is a good enough QB to lead the Gators to the victory by a few touchdowns.

Florida wins with or without Tebow.

JMO
StrikeoutKing Wrote:You're just looking to start an argument aren't you? :dontthink :redboxer: haha

I agree he shouldn't have been playing. But the fact is, most coaches in America would have had their starting QB in the game at that time.

Idk i guess I just dont understand Meyes decision making here I mean you have a GREAT 2nd string QB who is probley the second best QB in the SEC so its not like your losing anything besides your rushing atk. Know?
lwc Wrote:Start the backup and use Tebow in different formations just to fool the defense.

I understand what you are saying, but IMO, if he is well enough to be ON the football field, then he is behind center, not spread out. If you put him in the slot, I guarentee you there will be a defensive head-hunter looking to blind side him during a running play when Tebow is not looking.
Florida has to have this game, Jesus...I mean Superman...crap! I meant to say Tebow will play