Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who has the best 3rd & 4th team in the Mountains..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see threads on the other grades...just wondered about 3rd & 4th....
I helped coach the Adams C Team this year and we have played a lot of good teams. All the teams we faced this year were well coached and had some excellent atheletes. But, the best teams we played this year were Highlands, Johns Creek, South Floyd, and Paintsville. Out of those four teams I believe the best 3rd and 4th grade team was Highlands. I think we could have played them better, but the night we played them we did not have an answer for them on either side of the ball.
I have to say the Redskins team from Belfry can give anyone a run for
there money. Call them they will play anyone they can good little team.
they have been scheduled to play Phelps and Shelby Valley and sent the Raiders and Jets....Why don't they want to play them???????????
Belfry never showed up to play Phelps. As a matter of fact, they didn't even call and cancel. They just didn't show.
Prestonsburg, Paintsville. Both are pretty good.
We just got our Pee Wee league started in Harlan County about the time we consolidated our High Schools. Our Pee Wee is all we have for 3rd and 4th graders, not sure if any 4th graders make the 5th and 6th grade team. Do you you all have a Pee Wee for younger kids if you have 3rd and 4th graders playing on a regular team???
I sat in the box and watched our 4th/5th grade team play Evarts and I have to say that their little team with only 15 or so kids was the best that I have seen in several years at that level. They hit hard and with mean intentions and I was really impressed with them. I'm not sure of the coaches name but he does one heck of a job with those kids and they all seem to love him.
I coach the BL 3 and 4 , I ve played most of the teams talked about here, but, we ve left one great team out , WHITESBURG, haven t seen Highlands but I ve played all the rest and we ve held our own but this WHITESBURG team is on a whole other level ! This bunch could beat some of the 5 and 6 grade teams I ve seen this year ! Really looking forward to seeing the score when they play a really good Richmond team later this year!To all of the coaches of these great teams let s keep them playing football it s the greatest team sport known to mankind !
Saratoga_86 Wrote:I coach the BL 3 and 4 , I ve played most of the teams talked about here, but, we ve left one great team out , WHITESBURG, haven t seen Highlands but I ve played all the rest and we ve held our own but this WHITESBURG team is on a whole other level ! This bunch could beat some of the 5 and 6 grade teams I ve seen this year ! Really looking forward to seeing the score when they play a really good Richmond team later this year!To all of the coaches of these great teams let s keep them playing football it s the greatest team sport known to mankind !

Richmond and Whitseburg played last year, a great game, was almost like watching two 7th grade teams going at it, can't wait for the rematch.
Great to see someone paying attention to these younger boys, I've coached at the high school level , but, it was truly a blast to get back to these younger boys , they truly play for the love of the game !!!!
So you say that the Belfry Redskins are better than Johns Creek but yet we have already beaten them twice this year and we are currently undeafeated .So you tell me how they can be the better team when we are . NOT THOSE BELFRY REDSKINS BUT IN FACT IT IS OUR JOHNS CREEK BEARCATS.....