Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 10 5th and 6th grade teams in the mountains.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
who is the best in the mountains
1.betsylane
2.adams
3.paintsville
4.johnson county [central elementary]
5.belfry

these are my top 5 cant think of all the teams
Central Elementary owns wins over Betsy Layne and Adams, but was defeated by Highlands Elementary(Johnson County) this week.
Adams also beat Betsy Layne. I would really like to see Adams play a Johnson County team on a neutral field with out-of-town referees. Those would be very good games!
Shelby Valley beat Highlands (Johnson County).
shelby valley as good as any1 in the mountains
paintsville has beat adams and belfry but central elemantary and if betsy lane would not play 7th graders against paintsville it would be a good game.
I've tried my best to watch as many teams as possible this year, but you can't watch them all. If I had to pick SOME top teams in the Mountains -- From what I've seen-- : (And this is no particular order) Johnson Central, Evarts, Highlands, Adams, Paintsville, ShelbyVallley, Betsy Layne(with their 7th grade playing) and Johns Creek. I would love to see a B Team tournament. I think the Big Sandy Valley Conference should have a B Team league. If I left someone out I'm sorry, that is why a Big Sandy Valley Conference Tournament for the B Team would be such a great idea. Great job this season for the teams listed, you deserve to be recognized for your hard work.
Pike county has a 5th/6th grade tournament. The finals is suppose to be played 10/24 @ Shelby Valley.
The best teams in the mountains has to be Shelby Valley and Belfry. Shelby Valley is 10-1. The have beat Betsy Layne, Letcher County Central twice, Highlands from Johnson Co by 2 touchdowns and all the county teams except early in the season lost at Belfry by 2 points in tripple OT. The defense has gotten a lot better since the Belfry game. Shelby Valley and Belfry play 10/8 @ Shelby Valley. Should be a very good game.

Another good team in the mountains is Pikeville. For a very young team they play very good. I don't know their record outside the county games if someone from Pikeville can tell there record.
Belfry has a 5th grade team that is pretty good to
like a change to play sum more teams .
Daniel Turner from Perry County is a one man wrecking crew. He plays for Perry Red.
How is the 5th/6th grade tournament set up in Pike County? I would love to see a 3 or 4 county 5th/6th tournament. I know that Floyd County alone doesn't have enough teams for its own tournament. It seems like a great way to end the season. These kids practice and play hard and deserve a tournament too.
In Pike Co. we have the following school in the league. The top four will play each other in the playoffs.

#1 seed plays #4 at home, and the #2 plays #3 at home in the first round. Then the winners play for the Championship (which is at Shelby Valley this year).

The 5th/6th teams:
Shelby Valley
Pikeville
Belfry 6th
Belfry 5th
Phelps
Mullins
Johns Creek

3rd/4th Teams:
All of Belfry's Feeders
Johns Creek
Shelby Valley
Mullins
Pikeville
Phelps

East Ridge feeders chose not to participate this year. Hopefully they will get in and just make our league that much better.
evarts 5th/6th should be in there some where they are 10-0.they were the first seed in the cvc tournament this year. they play for the championship on sat in cumberland against new harlan.
SPORTS FAN 101 Wrote:The best teams in the mountains has to be Shelby Valley and Belfry. Shelby Valley is 10-1. The have beat Betsy Layne, Letcher County Central twice, Highlands from Johnson Co by 2 touchdowns and all the county teams except early in the season lost at Belfry by 2 points in tripple OT. The defense has gotten a lot better since the Belfry game. Shelby Valley and Belfry play 10/8 @ Shelby Valley. Should be a very good game.

Another good team in the mountains is Pikeville. For a very young team they play very good. I don't know their record outside the county games if someone from Pikeville can tell there record.

paintsville barely got beat by belfry which was a scrimmage.....and paintsville has only lost one game to betsy lane which played 7th graders in that game if they would not play them it would be a real good game
:rockon: The paintsville offense and defense has got alot better!!!
i would like to see this team get a chance to play a lot more there very talented
I put Evarts in my top teams. I know they play some great competition and being 10-0 in any league is a awesome accomplishment. According to Tiger 1211 sounds like Paintsvilles 5th and 6th team should play Evarts, they don't seem to have any challenge playing the teams around home.
Thanks Olmann SV for the breakdown on the Pike County 5th/6th grade Tourney.:thanks:
I have seen that there is some question concerning the alledgement of Betsy Layne playing 7th graders. My only question is there any difference between a pure 12 year old 7th grader and a 12 year old 6th grade hold back? I know that Floyd County does allow a pure 12 year old 7th grader to play b-team if they are 12 on August 1st. I dont know why they do this unless it is deter holding a child back for athletics. I would say that there are fewer 12 year olds on most of the teams in Floyd County as there are on the other teams in the area.
sounds like that would have been a good game. im sure evarts would have played them if they would have had a chance.
I am not sure who the top 5th an 6th grade teams in the mountains are , but I will say this , as it stands right now in pike co.
#1 Belfry
#2 Shelby Valley
#3 Pikeville
#4 Belfry ( 5th grade)
#5 phelps
Belfry an Shelby Valley play tommorrow night at Shelby Valley. Everyone that loves football should enjoy this game .Good luck to Both teams .
Adams B team won the Floyd County B Team Championship by going undefeated in county play (4-0). They finished 8-2 overall. Great job boys on a very successful season!
I think Evarts can beat everyone mentioned pretty easily. Evarts more than likely the best 5th and 6th grade team in the mountains.
Evarts is the best in the mountains.. hands down. Shelby Valley is second. You can debate it all you want, but that's how it is.
evarts plays new harlan for the championship saturday the 10th at cumberland at 1 o'clock.
This is a good argument for all the teams going on about the teams, but the question is who is the best now. Betsy Layne just beat letcher 16-6 and it could have been worse. The same letcher team that went to shelby valley and only lost 6-0 two weeks ago. BL finished on a 6 game winning streak and was playing the best football of their season. With the team finishing 7-3 the loses came early when the inexperienced line was learning how to block. In the last two weeks they be AB Combs and a consolidated effort from both combs schools in perry county along with chavies and willard elementary schools besides letcher. I would think that now they would be a tough out by any of the mountains 5th and 6th grade teams. The offense began slow and finished strong.
JP55 Wrote:Evarts is the best in the mountains.. hands down. Shelby Valley is second. You can debate it all you want, but that's how it is.

Belfry's 6TH grade beat SV again get your coach to call and get this
game set up and they will not be no debate over who is the best
6TH grade in the mountains are.I say the unbeaten PIRATES are.
TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Belfry's 6TH grade beat SV again get your coach to call and get this
game set up and they will not be no debate over who is the best
6TH grade in the mountains are.I say the unbeaten PIRATES are.
TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

EVARTS beat new harlan 14-12. Good game yesterday. But EVARTS finished their season 11-0 and they are the CVC CHAMPS! Would love to have had a chance to play Belfry. I will mention this to the coach but it will be left up to the principle since our season is over now. I will let you know. CONGRAT'S CATS on your season. You have made us all proud!!!!!!! Way to go #15Cameron Cornett MVP of the game, you are AWESOME!:1::Cheerlead:Clap:
I havent seen a team all year that can go the distance with BELFRYS 6th grade,they always find a way to get the win
Pages: 1 2