Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Miami 21 Oklahoma 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After a rough start for the Hurricanes Miami came back and came out with the victory. The offense looked a little weak at times, but the defense came to play. With this victory it has put Miami back into contention of being a top 10 team. This also eliminates OU from the National Championship race. Harris threw 2 picks early but picked the Sooners apart underneath to put 3 scores in the endzone. James had over 100 yards running for the 5th time in his career. As for OU Landry Jones seems to be a star in the making he just needs some consistent weapons to throw to. The running game had it's moments but was held in check through much of the game by the speed of UM's defense.
All in all great win for the U. No all the Miami fans have to do is cross their fingers and hope the Hokies falter a couple times this year.
No Sam Bradford Sad, why does this put them in the top 10? this is like beating the colts without peyton manning
Wildcatk23 Wrote:No Sam Bradford Sad, why does this put them in the top 10? this is like beating the colts without peyton manning

OU was still scoring in the 60's on teams without Bradford.
PC_You_Know Wrote:OU was still scoring in the 60's on teams without Bradford.

And who was they playing? Your saying there just as good without there best player?
I am glad to see the programs of the past, coming back and gaining the respect to get there programs back on track...
Nice for Miami to get this win, but it was not as big a victory without Bradford. I still was impressed with Jacory and the offense. Bradford had nothing to do with the OU defense that allowed Miami to TAKE this game.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:And who was they playing? Your saying there just as good without there best player?

He's their best player, sure, but as Corso said a few weeks ago, if one player going out makes your team horrible, and your as big time D-1 as OU, you need to check where your program really is.
PC_You_Know Wrote:He's their best player, sure, but as Corso said a few weeks ago, if one player going out makes your team horrible, and your as big time D-1 as OU, you need to check where your program really is.

well when your best player is a QB and a heisman winner it means alot!
Landry Jones is a very capable qb. He's going to be a star next year. So when Bradford leaves after this year are you going to write them off with Jones at qb. Not exactly this guy is as good as most in the nation. Much better than the one you all have at UK, isn't he. And you all act like they are world beaters.
launchpad4 Wrote:Landry Jones is a very capable qb. He's going to be a star next year. So when Bradford leaves after this year are you going to write them off with Jones at qb. Not exactly this guy is as good as most in the nation. Much better than the one you all have at UK, isn't he. And you all act like they are world beaters.

We're trying to talk sense into a Pacers and Packers fan, not gonna work.
PC_You_Know Wrote:We're trying to talk sense into a Pacers and Packers fan, not gonna work.

Hey now I like the Packers, but I get what you're saying.
launchpad4 Wrote:Landry Jones is a very capable qb. He's going to be a star next year. So when Bradford leaves after this year are you going to write them off with Jones at qb. Not exactly this guy is as good as most in the nation. Much better than the one you all have at UK, isn't he. And you all act like they are world beaters.

did i say anything about kentuckys worthless QB? Sam Bradford was the best Qb in college. saying his team is just as good without him is crazy, so florida is the same without tebow? texas is the same without McCoy?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:did i say anything about kentuckys worthless QB? Sam Bradford was the best Qb in college. saying his team is just as good without him is crazy, so florida is the same without tebow? texas is the same without McCoy?

I disagree, McCoy and Tebow were both better, and both proved it against OU.
I'm not saying that they are as good without Bradford, I'm just saying that Jones is a good qb. There's not a huge dropoff. A dropoff yes, but not like other universities that don't recruit as good. Give him time and he'll be just as good as Bradford. But he's better than I would say 99% of back-ups in the country and probably 70% of the starters.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I disagree, McCoy and Tebow were both better, and both proved it against OU.

that was as a team
Wildcatk23 Wrote:that was as a team

Bradford was outperformed in both games by the opposing QB. And remember, Tebow wasn't supposed to be able to do ANYTHING against those ROUGH and TOUGH Big 12 defenses. Please, Bradford isn't that good and many people were surprised Tebow didn't win last year's Hesiman.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Bradford was outperformed in both games by the opposing QB. And remember, Tebow wasn't supposed to be able to do ANYTHING against those ROUGH and TOUGH Big 12 defenses. Please, Bradford isn't that good and many people were surprised Tebow didn't win last year's Hesiman.

Isnt that good? OK! 4000 yards, 50 Td and 8 interceptions is nothing?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Isnt that good? OK! 4000 yards, 50 Td and 8 interceptions is nothing?

Sure that's good, that's actually great, but Tebow went out and exposed the weak Big 12 defense, which made those numbers not look so good. OU didn't even deserve to be in the Natl. Champ.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:did i say anything about kentuckys worthless QB? Sam Bradford was the best Qb in college. saying his team is just as good without him is crazy, so florida is the same without tebow? texas is the same without McCoy?

You are either drunk/high or you are 11 years old. That statement made you lose a few points in my little point book wildcatk23...
vundy33 Wrote:You are either drunk/high or you are 11 years old. That statement made you lose a few points in my little point book wildcatk23...

This is going by him winning the heisman! we all know tebow can whip chuck norris