Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mediocre not good enough for kapos..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
please tell me whats wrong with average. sheldon clarks cheer coach told her team they probably wouldnt compete at kapos because they were a "mediocre" team. this was after she made the entire team run at the beginning of practice for "things they did wrong at fridays game" she had "left the paper at home but she knew all their names were on it". How much sense does it make to punish them if you dont tell them what they did wrong? how can they correct it if they dont even know what it was? then at the end of practice she made two girls run because they had given blood the day before and were unable to practice because of it. all three who had given blood showed up for practice planning on just taking it easy..but coach got mad and told all of them to call their parents 'cause practice was cancelled. she told them no one was commited to the team because those girls had given blood earlier. the next day she made two of them run (the third donor didnt even tell her she had given blood because she was afraid) because they didnt tell her in advance that they were going to give blood, so she could have cancelled practice. she has a very talented team. i cant understand why she couldnt have went ahead and had practice. this is a perfect example of why cheerleaders are stereotyped the way they are. i mean, how dare those girls try to help save lives when they knew they had cheer practice. Set the standard, coach.
I think Sheldon Clark is above mediocre. They have a lot of talent and tons of potential. Every squad will have drama and problems. But I don't see why practice would be cancelled for one or two girls. Work through it. Have them mark them motions/jumps/stunts and walk through formations if they absolutely can't do anything. I am not downing the coach at all, because there are plenty of coaches who do this. I think they need to crack down on all these girls and get their acts together myself (not just SC). Eastern KY has a lot to offer the cheerleading world, and I wish we'd get our butts together and show it.
SHEW!!!! That one was a blast from the past!!!!

When I cheered we had people who sat in the stand and marked mistakes we made such as, arm too low, not smiling enough, smiling to much, off beat, leg kick not high enough, sloppy arm motions, sloppy jumps, not peppy enough, too much talking, standing with hands not on hips, didn't join in the cheer on the correct count, etc.... When those mistakes were tallied, be it football season, we ran the field... Basketball season, we ran the court. I'm still here, it didn't kill me, but lord have mercy I hated it!!! Smile

I agree that discipline DOES need to be a big part of any cheer squad if they are going to amount to a good squad. What I see in Sheldon Clark is a better than average squad. They seem to be a very talented bunch of young ladies that what I think would help, if they were more vocal with their coach. Discuss things with her and let her know when they have other things going on. Compromise is a BIG thing and both sides have to be able to work around and be diverse. Sounds like the coach needs to have a "team meeting" to discuss things that are bothering her and let the girls air out what is going on with them!!!

Tell them to keep their heads up, they are a good squad and have yet to reach the peak of their potential! Work hard, make it work, (if ya know what I mean) and give 110% at practice, during games, and at competitions!!! Everything will work out in the end!!