Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 38 East Ridge 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SV won the game 38-12 well good game. East Ridge looked really good. turnovers killed they on a few drives deep in SV territory The backfield from Sv was solid. Well played game by both teams.
east ridge did run the ball good........... with their center! lol
a center cannot pick up the ball and run with it! lol

and a silly ( illegal) trick play where the line wasn't set and the running back took the ball over to the coach and took off. that was silly and stupid

the officiating crew tonight wasn't too bright about the game of football
Congrats Valley.
well seabiscuit51,

Looks like you dont know much about football either...it is legal for a offensive lineman to pick up the ball and run with it.. The Famous "Fumblerooski" and the other play was legal also.. I just think that you are mad because ER scored twice on trick plays. Like I said I thought the game was a very good game and I thought that the coaches from SV seem to have a problem with it not the players I talked to a few of the players from both teams and they said that they "(SV) just fell asleep and that ER pulled the trick plays off very well." that statement was made by a SV player to myself.

So maybe the coaches from SV needs to respect the play calling from ER like the SV players do.
In the fumblerooskie the quaterback must take the ball from center then give it back to the center. ER quarterback did not even touch the ball.The center hit himself in the butt with the ball then ran with it . Was the worst called game I have ever seen .Coach Allen needs to get more involved with his middleschool program .
thank you blue,

at valley the score was 40 6

that was fairly called
I was at the game also, I will agree that the ol'wrong ball trick should've been called back because it is true that the line wasn't set properly, but...the fumblerooski was done correctly, all the quarterback has to do is touch the ball and I saw him touch it every time...Any ways, back to the game...I will say that the refs where a lil out of it, and it could've been called better, both ways, there was alot of facemasking and hits in the backs I saw luckily no one was hurt bad. Oh well both teams gave their all and the better team won. So congrats valley.
ok so if it was 40-6 at SV and it was 38-12 at ER...it seems to me that the games called about the same. And if I remember correctly one of the refs from the game @ ER was one of the refs that called the so called "fair game" at SV.

so just admit that either ER has inproved or the coaching from SV wasnt as effective @ ER as it was @ SV and the score at valley was 38-6 go pull your records and look at it.. I was at both games.
dont know what game you was watching at valley, the refs were darrell burke, his son, and someone else but totally differient refs at ER. they probably was'nt certified to call any type of sport event. and yes at valley the kids playing when ER scored were the bench. have a nice day! and Bang Bang!!
Well go ask your coach who was the refs at SV because I am sure he can remember atleast one of the guys from ER calling the game at SV. The refs was daryl burke, but his son was absent and the other guy who reffed at SV was the one who reffed at ER.
I would like to see a certified jr high rule book to see if the center can run the ball. In the real fumblerooski the ball is placed on the ground behind the center and a guard gets the ball from the ground (legal) not handed to him.
Im pretty sure the refs at the game at valley was Daryl Burke and the mayor of elkhorn not to sure if Michael was absent or not. And at Valley we let up the entire second half and if im not mistaken Daryl burke actually said Im gonna try to let them score.
Janitor_32 Wrote:well seabiscuit51,

Looks like you dont know much about football either...it is legal for a offensive lineman to pick up the ball and run with it.. The Famous "Fumblerooski" and the other play was legal also.. I just think that you are mad because ER scored twice on trick plays. Like I said I thought the game was a very good game and I thought that the coaches from SV seem to have a problem with it not the players I talked to a few of the players from both teams and they said that they "(SV) just fell asleep and that ER pulled the trick plays off very well." that statement was made by a SV player to myself.

So maybe the coaches from SV needs to respect the play calling from ER like the SV players do.
yea the play is legal if the quarterback takes the snap an puts the ball on the ground no it is not legal for a center to pick the ball up an run i to have called quite a few football games in my day an that was illegal the quarterback never touched the ball on those plays an the other trick play is legal but not when the other team has 2 footballs on the field an yes i saw the coach pick the other football up when the quarterback had made it down field an as far as a player saying they fell asleep i know better.
abdulahthebutcher Wrote:yea the play is legal if the quarterback takes the snap an puts the ball on the ground no it is not legal for a center to pick the ball up an run i to have called quite a few football games in my day an that was illegal the quarterback never touched the ball on those plays an the other trick play is legal but not when the other team has 2 footballs on the field an yes i saw the coach pick the other football up when the quarterback had made it down field an as far as a player saying they fell asleep i know better.

Good post I was at this game . If it would have been close Valley would have got shaft.
Well as far as your opinions of the refs are really getting old, I mean I posted this to let people know the score of the game and that I thought both teams was inproved from teh first meeting. If the ball was on the field or not the refs I assume didnt see the 2nd ball. If the ball was seen on the field by the refs it should have been called back I agree totally. Also I have attended all the ER has had as a parent of a kid and I would have to say that if the game was closer or not I know that the refs would not have "shafted" SV. They both seem to be looking out for the kids interest and not how many games they can win for ER.

So let us start talking about the way the kids performed not how the refs did...I am sure that the refs could careless how you think they did. It is the kids that need to be recognized for they ppreformances not the refs.
i was also at this game.i will agree E.R has gotten some better than the last time S.V played them.but this was absolutely the worst called game ihave ever seen.i dont no if these are ligit refs.but these guys should never be able to ref another game anywere.i also no that one of the refs had a daughter that played for E.R.but i do wish E.R all the best of luck.
seabiscuit51 Wrote:east ridge did run the ball good........... with their center! lol
a center cannot pick up the ball and run with it! lol

and a silly ( illegal) trick play where the line wasn't set and the running back took the ball over to the coach and took off. that was silly and stupid

the officiating crew tonight wasn't too bright about the game of football
Let me explain the fundamentals of football.... 1st it was not the "RB" that ran the back to score the "TD", it was in fact the QB. The play went as follows.... center yells wrong ball, hands to QB and he attempts to walk to the sideline, then hauls *** to score a TD.
Janitor_32 Wrote:ok so if it was 40-6 at SV and it was 38-12 at ER...it seems to me that the games called about the same. And if I remember correctly one of the refs from the game @ ER was one of the refs that called the so called "fair game" at SV.

so just admit that either ER has inproved or the coaching from SV wasnt as effective @ ER as it was @ SV and the score at valley was 38-6 go pull your records and look at it.. I was at both games.
I was at both games and yes one of the ref's called at both games, as i will further say he called a fair game at both contest..
pikevilleout Wrote:I was at the game also, I will agree that the ol'wrong ball trick should've been called back because it is true that the line wasn't set properly, but...the fumblerooski was done correctly, all the quarterback has to do is touch the ball and I saw him touch it every time...Any ways, back to the game...I will say that the refs where a lil out of it, and it could've been called better, both ways, there was alot of facemasking and hits in the backs I saw luckily no one was hurt bad. Oh well both teams gave their all and the better team won. So congrats valley.
When ther is only 2 officials they can not see everything
seabiscuit51 Wrote:dont know what game you was watching at valley, the refs were darrell burke, his son, and someone else but totally differient refs at ER. they probably was'nt certified to call any type of sport event. and yes at valley the kids playing when ER scored were the bench. have a nice day! and Bang Bang!!
I know that both ref's are very highly certified to call more than the one sport... Instead of worrying how the officials ref, worry about how the child was jerk and shaken by his helmet the night SV played ER by the SV coach. If I had officiated the game the SV coach would have been ejecteed immediately for unsportsman like conduct....
seabiscuit51 Wrote:dont know what game you was watching at valley, the refs were darrell burke, his son, and someone else but totally differient refs at ER. they probably was'nt certified to call any type of sport event. and yes at valley the kids playing when ER scored were the bench. have a nice day! and Bang Bang!!
I would worry about my child playing for the coach of SV Middle School Football, imagine if he would conduct himself out in public in front of parents and fans by grabbing a player's helmet and jerking him around, how is he acting around the children when no parents or fans are present....(BE VERY CONCERNED, AND WATCH HIM MORE CLOSELY)...
i dont no who u r but ive known this man for a very long time and he has coached football and baseball for twenty years.i have nothing but respect for this man.this man is great with all kids not just his own.just because u have one incedent of this coach grabbing akid by the helment or his pads.dosent mean this man is not a good man or a good coach.if you fired every coach that has grabbed a player.there would be no coaches left.so if u have achild that does play football.he is in the wrong sport.
its people like you pringles that makes football or any other sport hard to deal with as a coach. Coach branham grabbed me at the east ridge game his son not noone elses' kid. and i did somthing totally crazy and i dont blame him for doing it to me. and btw he grabbed my jersy and was walking over to him anyway. i love my dad and understand why he did it to me. but ill tell you this i learned not to do what i did anymore. he did it to protect me from getting killed. i stopped in a middle of a play and yelled facemask!, and got rattled, luckly i was okay, if that would have been one of belfrys players instead of ER, i could have gotten hurt. my dad is the best coach to ever come through shelby valleys program, the whole backfield and most lineman of shelby valleys high school team have played for him at least once and will tell you that they want him to coach the high school team.Miss/Sir, i have played this game since i was in diapers and i know the fundamentals of football probably more than you do. The lineman were moving it should have been a penalty but idc about that anymore its over, we still blew them out. and if you dont want your child playing for my dad than how did you know about what happened at ER you obviously were there and must be a parent so why is your kid playing for him, take him somewhere else if you cant sleep at night because of it.If My dad had not been my coach i would not be the person,football player, and son that i am today.
seabiscuit wrote:
If My dad had not been my coach i would not be the person,football player, and son that i am today.

EXACTLLY
pringles Wrote:i would worry about my child playing for the coach of sv middle school football, imagine if he would conduct himself out in public in front of parents and fans by grabbing a player's helmet and jerking him around, how is he acting around the children when no parents or fans are present....(be very concerned, and watch him more closely)...
hey pringles!!! Everyone who knows the svms football coach knows
that he is a good guy!!! And he doesn't encourage fighting amongst players!!!
Pringles (o.c.) it is time to move on to a new school. Can you spell
suckerpunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NEED TO DELETE THIS THREAD !!!!

post are completly off topic
This is Mike Branham's (SV Coach) daughter and I more than sure that if ne parent has a problem with my dads coaching then they are more than free to take their child off his team! but they dont because my dad knows the game and if he does yell at a kid its for their own saftey, also im sorry but im out of school and in college and if u think that every coach is just goin to talk really sweet to ur lil boy then ur dead wrong. FOOTBALL IS FOR STRONG PEOPLE not for people who might get their feelings hurt if a coach yells at them! sorry thats just how it is!
And for the janitor guy..u do realize that ur talkin about my 13 year old brother so that just shows how of an adult you are to talk about a child.