Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (7) LSU 30 Miss. St. 26 FINAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OMG what an ending. Miss. St. gets the ball back trailing 30 to 24 with around 3 and half minutes to go. They drive down and get a 1st and goal from around the 5. They got stopped on the 1st 2 run tries and then on 3rd down they fake the run and try to throw over the line to a wide open receiver only to have it knocked down. Go for it on 4th with just over a minute to go and get stopped at the goal line. LSU then gets stopped without picking up a first down and had to punt from their own endzone. MSU used their timeouts great and was able to get the ball back again. However, instead of punting LSU took the safety to make it 30 to 26 so they could get the free kick. MSU then takes over after the kick on their own 32 with 46 seconds still remaining. MSU can't pick up a first down and gives it back to LSU. I couldn't figure out some of the play calls on that last potential drive. LSU survives just another day in the SEC.:igiveup:
i watched it. what a game. i was hoping Miss. State would beat LSU. i cant stand LSU!!!
Same here.
Any team that doesn't push the ball across the line with 3rd and 1 foot, doesn't deserve to win. Miss State lost more than LSU won
Not really because MSU hasn't really had much to lose. This is a good building game for them. I'm sure in the short term this is going to be a hard game to swallow but all in all a great building block.
CatDawg Wrote:Not really because MSU hasn't really had much to lose. This is a good building game for them. I'm sure in the short term this is going to be a hard game to swallow but all in all a great building block.

Good post, my sentiments exactly. I was impressed with MSU
They shouldn't have thrown it on 3rd down.
Looking back on it your probably right but the dude was wide open so the play call was good and it was there just wasn't executed perfectly and the LSU defender made a great play.
How great is the sec, we should have like 4 stations to show all are games
Stardust Wrote:Good post, my sentiments exactly. I was impressed with MSU

Me too, Coach Mullen has the Bulldogs program going in the right direction!
Was really hoping to see Miss. St upset a very overrated team.