Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK or Duke? Who would win??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If these two basketball powerhouse faced off this season on a neutral court who would win?

Please vote and discuss!
I actualy was at the last game tha Duke and UK matched off in the Meadowlands in Dec. of 2001. It was a great game with Duke winning in overtime. I believe Jason WIllliams had like 38. I believe if they played this year that it would be a great game. UK has a lot more depth than the Dukies and I think they would take control of the game in the final ten minutes....see 1998 NCAA Tourney. The real question I have is why doesn't Coach K have enough nuts to schedule a home an home with UK?
If the game is at Rupp then UK wins, if it's at Cameron Indoor Stadium then Duke wins, if they play ata neutral site I think UK is able to beat Duke.
I like Duke because I am a big JJ Reddick fan, But you gotta love Kentcuky
I like UK.
UK!!!
Duke
UK
Duke by 15+ ANYWHERE
Not this year, Duke is just too undermanned. JJ Reddick is carrying that team right now. They haven't played anyone ranked yet I don't believe....Just wait until Wake & UNC slaps them around by 15-20 points.
UK............... Duke is overrated!
I'd say it would be a close game....Maybe it depends on where it was at....
"alfus21" Wrote:I'd say it would be a close game....Maybe it depends on where it was at....

I'd like to see it though. I still say Duke is overrated. They have not played a ranked opponent yet. I still say UNC & Wake Forest is 20 points better than Duke.

BallaBaby

UK
Duke would win, and it pains me to say that. But I really think it. But until one of the guards step up and play some good defense, then I think Reddick would have a hay day with Ky.
The home team would win. On a neutral court I would pick Duke right now. By the end of the year I'll take UK's bench and the win.
This would be a good one, but i take UK.
i take Duke, cause they have plenty of depth and experience on their team right know. KY is just to young to beat them. IMO
"HawkaManiac" Wrote:i take Duke, cause they have plenty of depth and experience on their team right know. KY is just to young to beat them. IMO
Go look at Dukes roster.. Duke is just as inexperienced, if not more than UK at this point.
UK
I think it's hard to say that Duke is underrated when they are undefeated and have beaten Michigan State at home and NC State on the road. I definitely don't think that Kentucky has played a much better schedule.
The only teams Kentucky has really even played are UNC, Louisville, Indy, and Kansas.
Although I said Duke would win by 15+ only because UK's inexperience, I would definitely be rooting for UK. I am from KY. haha
Yeah, I think UK would win this matchup... Duke is very, very beatable...
Got to go with the cats. UK is young and need to improve and I think Duke is already playing at their potential.
Duke has no depth! I predict duke finish no better than 3rd in the ACC
Kentucky would win in a fairly low scoring game that could get sloppy like quite a few UK games have. The depth of UK though would help them to prevail in the end though.
UK, because I'm biased.