Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: I Hate Steve Spurrier!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just watched South Carolina pick up their first win ever over a Top 5 team at home, knocking off Ole Miss. It was their first win against a Top 5 team period since 1981 when they defeated UNC.

As Erin Andrews jiggles out for her interview with the Ol' Ball Coach, she's trying to force-feed a question to him being fed to her from her producer in the truck and Spurrier doesn't even respond. All he has to say, THE FIRST THING he has to say is, "we beat Kentucky here a couple of years ago".

He downplayed the win over Ole Miss and basically smacked UK fans in the face with his comments. He was implying that both Ole Miss and that old Kentucky team from a couple of years ago were overrated.

I hate Steve Spurrier.

I'm done.
I am a huge fan of his now that he is out of fl.
God that made me mad when i heard that
Looks like the "Ole Ball Coach" still has some mouth left in him. I wasn't sure how to take his comments, but it looks like I got my answer. What can you expect though? He's made a living off of comments like that.
Man I've been wanting to beat them since 2004. I HATE USC!!
vundy33 Wrote:Man I've been wanting to beat them since 2004. I HATE USC!!

You mean USCjr? Wink
Any footage of this? I missed it..
Well, UK needs to beat his *** and get it overwith..Ole Miss was about 10 spots too high anyways. Until UK beats Spurrier, he'll have a reason to run that mouth. He's like 57-0 against them..
no biggie just locker room material for Brooks...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:no biggie just locker room material for Brooks...

Yep. Thanks Steve. "Play Like A Champion Today" has been replaced with a picture of your face.
I took it actually as a compliment. Andrews made the comment about never beating a Top 5 team there and he stated "Well (lip smack) we beat Kentucky a couple years ago here".

When they beat UK on a Thursday night in 2007 UK was ranked #8 I believe. He wasn't taking a shot at UK, just basically downplaying her question to say they have beaten a good team there before.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I took it actually as a compliment. Andrews made the comment about never beating a Top 5 team there and he stated "Well (lip smack) we beat Kentucky a couple years ago here".

When they beat UK on a Thursday night in 2007 UK was ranked #8 I believe. He wasn't taking a shot at UK, just basically downplaying her question to say they have beaten a good team there before.

agreed and it also still gives us more of a reason to go in there and beat the dirty cocks if you will`
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:agreed and it also still gives us more of a reason to go in there and beat the dirty cocks if you will`

Confusedhh:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I took it actually as a compliment. Andrews made the comment about never beating a Top 5 team there and he stated "Well (lip smack) we beat Kentucky a couple years ago here".

I took it as if he was saying Ole Miss, like UK in 2007, was overrated when SC beat them at home. That's how I took it. He downplayed the win over Ole Miss and in my opinion, insinuated Ole Miss and UK were overrated coming into the game.
lwc Wrote:Confusedhh:

yeah kind of suprised that one has not been deleted yet lol...by all technicality it is politcaly correct because it is in refernce to their mascot...lol
jammin' jamey Wrote:I took it as if he was saying Ole Miss, like UK in 2007, was overrated when SC beat them at home. That's how I took it. He downplayed the win over Ole Miss and in my opinion, insinuated Ole Miss and UK were overrated coming into the game.

well i mean anything can be percieved many ways and the only person who knows the facts are him sooooooo...it will remain a mystery

I agree
Me too

this is how I took it as well...

I also took it as a compliment. She said this is the first top 5 school and he said we beat Ky here a few years ago. When I heard it I was like heck yeah he is saying we were a real good school. I guess everyone has thier opinion on it but I looked at it in a good way.
I think that he was saying that the win over Mississippi was similar to the UK win because both teams were overrated at the time, and they were. He is brutally honest and says what is on his mind.