Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley 8 Meece 2 8th grade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whitley with the big upset, last year Meece beat them twice by 40 or more points. Whitley defense shuts Meece out. Last Saturday Whitley beat Clay 36-6.
Whitley vs Corbin would have been a great game if they hadn't kicked Whitley out of the conference. This conference must be weak because Bell and Knox both have beaten Whitley.
Wow. Must have been a defensive battle. I thought Meece was supposed to be one of the better teams in the area?
Trust me, Whitley had plenty of help from the striped shirts
Shondue Wrote:Trust me, Whitley had plenty of help from the striped shirts

Someone from Whitley County told me that Somerset Meece got homered big time. He did say that WC played a good game even without the help.
Its always the same thing from you cherokee. That was a pretty big win for Whitley, Meece is a very good team. I'm not sure of the score but I know Corbin didn't beat Meece by much either. It probably would have been a great game between Whitley and Corbin, but its in the past. Live in the present and celebrate your win. Congrats to Whitley:Clap:
Well for starters this game wasn't as big of a game for Meece as it was Whitley obviously.Meece had 4 starters hurt and sick all week before the game and was told they didn't have to play because it was a non conference game. Whitley was kicked out of the conference before the season started due to all the hold backs they were keeping. For the fact the one of the coaches from Whitley was glad that Meece played them because they were having a hard time finding people tp play. It was a hard hitting game and a well played game until the last 2 minuets of the game Meece went from 1st and 10 inside the 20 to 1st and 65 the referees helped whitley there big time..But for those of you that are curious that is not the same team Whitley had last year even :rockon::rockon:the chain gang said they were completely different this year due to hold backs.Meece keet the starters that were hurting out due to we have confernce games coming up and a big game at Corbin so this game was just a game it meant nothing.Meece's ultimate goal is to get to state healthy and win we will take these loses as long as we get healthy before playoffs and state..
When you win you win and when you lose you lose regardless what is said after the game. Congrats to Whitley and good luck to Meece against the Hounds.
Don't get me wrong, Whitley was a very tough, hard hitting bunch, and to see the Refs take the game over at the end was worse for them than Meece. They (Meece) knew they got served a bad card, but Whitley won't really know if they could have won without their help. We will never know..
Shondue Wrote:Don't get me wrong, Whitley was a very tough, hard hitting bunch, and to see the Refs take the game over at the end was worse for them than Meece. They (Meece) knew they got served a bad card, but Whitley won't really know if they could have won without their help. We will never know..

Last years conference champs "HUMM" being beat by a team that you beat by 40+ twice last year. I guess when Whitley beat Clay at Clay County that Saturday (36-6) starters were out by the start of the 4th, I guess the refs helped out on that one also. Clay had beaten them by 30+ last year also at Whitley. The fact is this Whitley beat you, Bell and Knox both beat Whitley. I guess the ref was the one that fumbled on the opening kick-off and caused Meece to lose that game. Your conference is weak like I said, if you want to make your team better you should play more teams like Whitley, Bell, Knox that is why Whitley got better this year, because of the good competition they have played. **** look at it this way at least you made it through the game, last year you threw in the towel with 6 minutes to go and Whitley up by 50+ at Meece in the 8th grade game.
I wasn't at the game but I was at the Knox game when knox scored a td on a long pass, which was called back very late due to ineligible man down field. A knox fan got on the referee and he threw a 15yd penalty against knox. The refs then proceeded to call three more consecutive penalties that had knox inside the 20 after a td facing third and 40+. But they punted and stopped whitley to go into the half with an 8-6 lead. Knox came out rolling in the second half and went on to win 22-6 in a game that wasnt that close. Knox thoroughly dominated the second half running all over the colonels.

So basically it wouldn't surprise me if whitley co refs may have tried to help the colonels along. Not saying their team or coaches are responsible but this seems questionable that it has happened twice. Everyone expects to get some bad calls on the road but it can get excessive at times.
cherokee Wrote:Last years conference champs "HUMM" being beat by a team that you beat by 40+ twice last year. I guess when Whitley beat Clay at Clay County that Saturday (36-6) starters were out by the start of the 4th, I guess the refs helped out on that one also. Clay had beaten them by 30+ last year also at Whitley. The fact is this Whitley beat you, Bell and Knox both beat Whitley. I guess the ref was the one that fumbled on the opening kick-off and caused Meece to lose that game. Your conference is weak like I said, if you want to make your team better you should play more teams like Whitley, Bell, Knox that is why Whitley got better this year, because of the good competition they have played. **** look at it this way at least you made it through the game, last year you threw in the towel with 6 minutes to go and Whitley up by 50+ at Meece in the 8th grade game.

Well let's see here last year our 7th grade bunch which is now our 8th grade bunch beat Bell County at there field by 50 points..We have killed Jackson county this year @ Lynn Camp and also beat up on Middlesboro at Lynn Camp so We have played some of your competeiton..Here is the great thing about it all to Meece it's just another game to pursue one goal but to Whitley it was there super bowl...Bottom Line when a team gets a chance to put it on Meece or Somerset they love it and do you wanna know why? Because more all americans come out of that school more than any other in Kentucky do your history and you will see this to be true..Bye the way is Whitley county going to the play offs? No!!! and do you wanna know why? Most of there kids should be in high school and it made them ineligible for the playoffs and the conference. And if this was not true then why is it that Meece and Corbin will probally play for the conference tilte and not Whitley?So all those wins you all got are in vain because it counts for nothing and how is that doing the kids that are elgible for whitley they have played in vain for this year...So enjoy your wins and have fun cause we know you all will have a short season...:1:
CRIME DAWG Wrote:Well let's see here last year our 7th grade bunch which is now our 8th grade bunch beat Bell County at there field by 50 points..We have killed Jackson county this year @ Lynn Camp and also beat up on Middlesboro at Lynn Camp so We have played some of your competeiton..Here is the great thing about it all to Meece it's just another game to pursue one goal but to Whitley it was there super bowl...Bottom Line when a team gets a chance to put it on Meece or Somerset they love it and do you wanna know why? Because more all americans come out of that school more than any other in Kentucky do your history and you will see this to be true..Bye the way is Whitley county going to the play offs? No!!! and do you wanna know why? Most of there kids should be in high school and it made them ineligible for the playoffs and the conference. And if this was not true then why is it that Meece and Corbin will probally play for the conference tilte and not Whitley?So all those wins you all got are in vain because it counts for nothing and how is that doing the kids that are elgible for whitley they have played in vain for this year...So enjoy your wins and have fun cause we know you all will have a short season...:1:
YES the same 8th grade Meece team that Whitley beat this year, Bell beat Whitley and Knox beat Bell by 2 or 3 touchdowns. Bell and Knox both would beat you fairly easy. The teams you have named confirms my point, that you have played very weak teams. Whitley will not schedule Lynn Camp, Middlesboro and Jackson County because they are not competive enough. If you have been playing these teams no wonder you have not got any better, add that weak Foley team and man your loaded for bear. Any team can enter the playoffs, they don't have to be in a conference just a member of the KMFA and pay the entery fee. **** you guys beat Corbin in the playoffs last year and they end up state runner up (figure that one out) so much for conference championships HA HA HA. You better hope that Whitley,Bell or Knox decides not to play in the playoffs, because if you have to play them your trip is over.
Whitley Schedule
Knox
Bell
Wayne
Knox
Wayne
Clay
Meece
Alcoa (TENN)
Bell
If Meece played that schedule( add Whitley Co. ) they would be lucky to win 2 games.
RichBrooks Wrote:I wasn't at the game but I was at the Knox game when knox scored a td on a long pass, which was called back very late due to ineligible man down field. A knox fan got on the referee and he threw a 15yd penalty against knox. The refs then proceeded to call three more consecutive penalties that had knox inside the 20 after a td facing third and 40+. But they punted and stopped whitley to go into the half with an 8-6 lead. Knox came out rolling in the second half and went on to win 22-6 in a game that wasnt that close. Knox thoroughly dominated the second half running all over the colonels.

So basically it wouldn't surprise me if whitley co refs may have tried to help the colonels along. Not saying their team or coaches are responsible but this seems questionable that it has happened twice. Everyone expects to get some bad calls on the road but it can get excessive at times.

Rich was you at the Whitley - Knox game at Barbourville, if so you should be ashamed to talk refs, your own coachs had to argue with the ref on a blocked punt call, Whitley blocked the punt and Knox fell on the ball behind the line of scrimmage and he tried to give the ball back to Knox. After a 15 minute delay and everyone from both sides trying to explain he gave Whitley the ball. The second play of the game another ref wanted to eject our coach. We had our first TD called back,by the other ref and a 10 minute delay again. But we didn't get on here and blame it on the refs did we.
cherokee Wrote:YES the same 8th grade Meece team that Whitley beat this year, Bell beat Whitley and Knox beat Bell by 2 or 3 touchdowns. Bell and Knox both would beat you fairly easy. The teams you have named confirms my point, that you have played very weak teams. Whitley will not schedule Lynn Camp, Middlesboro and Jackson County because they are not competive enough. If you have been playing these teams no wonder you have not got any better, add that weak Foley team and man your loaded for bear. Any team can enter the playoffs, they don't have to be in a conference just a member of the KMFA and pay the entery fee. **** you guys beat Corbin in the playoffs last year and they end up state runner up (figure that one out) so much for conference championships HA HA HA. You better hope that Whitley,Bell or Knox decides not to play in the playoffs, because if you have to play them your trip is over.
Whitley Schedule
Knox
Bell
Wayne
Knox
Wayne
Clay
Meece
Alcoa (TENN)
Bell
If Meece played that schedule( add Whitley Co. ) they would be lucky to win 2 games.
You are so Funny about Your conference being tough.. We played Wayne and beat them like a red headed step child, we have destroyed Clay co also. Bell county wouldn't be no match cause they got beat by southwestern and we can drum southwestern .. So you might not want to thrown stones.. We also have played people like Northern , southwesten, Rockcastle, Lincoln co, Henry co,Bowling Green and we play Corbin and I don't see Corbin on your list or none of the rest of these schools on there either..By the way I don't know your IQ on football but Rockcastle , Lincoln co, and Bowling Green along with Corbin have great football traditions and usually have great ball teams..So don't talk to me as if we never play no one you bring up Foley and I agree they are weak but you yet to bring up these schools we have played ... If you are gonna talk about us know your facts just don't keep throwing Foley out there because I assure you there is more we have played..Above you show that whitley played Bell twice , Knox twice, and wayne twice, here is a stretch why don't you all try to play some different people just to see were you stand and let the chips fall were they fall.Man I hope that you all do play in the playoffs cause there is nothing better than making someone like you eat crow.Well I will test your IQ again and by the way you can't be 14 before Aug 1st on the 7th grade squad and you can't be 15 by Aug 1st on the 8th grade squad so there again there is more into this than your ignorant but nose.But you never answered my Qusetion From earlier why isn't Whitley playing for the conference title? I will say this there are four schools playing for that title and guess what whitley is not one of them. By the way there will be no Conference trophy at Whitley this year either boy i bet your all's trophy case is small down there just makes me laugh.. If your kids want they can come by Meece and our kids will show them what conferece trophies look like..Heck we will even let tyhem take a picture next to them cause it will be as close as you get.Have a good night and I will say this Whitley has some talented players and they are a physical ball team but people like you turn you against the sportsmen part of Whitleys team...Guess what were :1:
The blocked punt play that is in question one ref decided that the kid had gained possession and then fumbled and if that was the case it should have been knox ball. But the refs were having a hard time determining whether or not possession had been established the knox coaches just said give them the ball because they were trying to show sportsmanship. Im 100% positive that whitley didnt have 5 straight penalties in any series. Also there was a member of the whitley county chain crew that told the knox fans and coaches before the game that they were gonna get screwed. Im not complaining about the refs, if anything they helped knox win because they used it as motivation. If i had to play the boys down in knox i wouldnt want to do anything to get that bunch more fired up
RichBrooks Wrote:The blocked punt play that is in question one ref decided that the kid had gained possession and then fumbled and if that was the case it should have been knox ball. But the refs were having a hard time determining whether or not possession had been established the knox coaches just said give them the ball because they were trying to show sportsmanship. Im 100% positive that whitley didnt have 5 straight penalties in any series. Also there was a member of the whitley county chain crew that told the knox fans and coaches before the game that they were gonna get screwed. Im not complaining about the refs, if anything they helped knox win because they used it as motivation. If i had to play the boys down in knox i wouldnt want to do anything to get that bunch more fired up

I got to give you credit Rich anybody that saw that game at Knox and get on here and complain about the refs has got some balls, maybe not very smart though.
are you trying to say the reason you lost was the refs? Because knox went to whitley and dominated so i dont think the refs beat you. You are obviously a whitley supporter and i am a knox so we arent going to agree on anything but knox is the better team officiating is always up to interpretation so i guess it comes down to whether or not you are looking through navy or red eyes.
CORBIN V.S MEECE, conference championship tuesday nite at 6:00 pm.at the dawg pound..Corbin beat meece earlier this season 12-6 in a mud bowl. As for whitley,corbin and meece are the reasons for them to hold back so many.BELIEVE THAT! beatings like we handed out destroyed their pride and tradition. Corbin v.s whitley would not have been as good a game as you think, corbin is very strong at 8th as well as the 7th. The 7th will win conference hands down with 30+ points wins threw out their season." except clay co. game" I think corbin at both grades take championship this year! THATS THE FACTS!!! GO HOUNDS!
REDHOUND NATION! Wrote:CORBIN V.S MEECE, conference championship tuesday nite at 6:00 pm.at the dawg pound..Corbin beat meece earlier this season 12-6 in a mud bowl. As for whitley,corbin and meece are the reasons for them to hold back so many.BELIEVE THAT! beatings like we handed out destroyed their pride and tradition. Corbin v.s whitley would not have been as good a game as you think, corbin is very strong at 8th as well as the 7th. The 7th will win conference hands down with 30+ points wins threw out their season." except clay co. game" I think corbin at both grades take championship this year! THATS THE FACTS!!! GO HOUNDS!
Well as for corbin's 7th grade squad they are a very good a talented team. I will have to agree with you there on Corbin's 7th grade winning it all..But as for the 8th grade it will be another battle against Meece and Corbin with all being laid on the line. If Meece comes with the fire in there eye like I have seen them play it will be Meece by 21pts. But if they come with the deer in the headlight look like they have done a couple of times this year it will be Meece by 6pts but very close. REDHOUND NATION you are true in what you said about Whitley, Corbin and Meece have kicked there butt so much they have to have 16 year olds to hold back to even be able to play with our two schools.But I will say this I hope you all are healthy and I hope your team stay injury free through the playoffs and I want to congadulate Corbin on another good season....Now with that being said Let's go MEECE JUMPERS let's turn the redhounds into Alpo.....LOL...:rockon:
CRIME DAWG Wrote:Well as for corbin's 7th grade squad they are a very good a talented team. I will have to agree with you there on Corbin's 7th grade winning it all..But as for the 8th grade it will be another battle against Meece and Corbin with all being laid on the line. If Meece comes with the fire in there eye like I have seen them play it will be Meece by 21pts. But if they come with the deer in the headlight look like they have done a couple of times this year it will be Meece by 6pts but very close. REDHOUND NATION you are true in what you said about Whitley, Corbin and Meece have kicked there butt so much they have to have 16 year olds to hold back to even be able to play with our two schools.But I will say this I hope you all are healthy and I hope your team stay injury free through the playoffs and I want to congadulate Corbin on another good season....Now with that being said Let's go MEECE JUMPERS let's turn the redhounds into Alpo.....LOL...:rockon:
When we played you all earlier this year, we had at least three key players out. I mean key, Which i am sure you all have had your share. No excuses, health is no factor in this championship game as for corbin anyhow. I think you will be impressed with our improvement. I really hope health is a plus for you all if not it will not be a contest, rather a track meet! good luck meece, CORBIN BY AT LEAST BY SIX! GO HOUNDS!!
CRIME DAWG Wrote:Well as for corbin's 7th grade squad they are a very good a talented team. I will have to agree with you there on Corbin's 7th grade winning it all..But as for the 8th grade it will be another battle against Meece and Corbin with all being laid on the line. If Meece comes with the fire in there eye like I have seen them play it will be Meece by 21pts. But if they come with the deer in the headlight look like they have done a couple of times this year it will be Meece by 6pts but very close. REDHOUND NATION you are true in what you said about Whitley, Corbin and Meece have kicked there butt so much they have to have 16 year olds to hold back to even be able to play with our two schools.But I will say this I hope you all are healthy and I hope your team stay injury free through the playoffs and I want to congadulate Corbin on another good season....Now with that being said Let's go MEECE JUMPERS let's turn the redhounds into Alpo.....LOL...:rockon:

Whitley's 8th grade beat Meece 54-0 and Meece threw in the towel last year at Meece with 6 minutes to go. Whitley beat Corbins 8th grade 20-8 last year.This Whitley team was also undefeated when they were 7th graders beating both Meece and Corbin at Corbin by 20+ points. This Whitley group only lost 2 games in their middle school career ( no holdbacks on that team) both to Bell County in close games. and this years Whitley team already beat Meece 8-2 and if Corbin hadn't chickened out they would have beaten them also. Whitley has never had to throw in the towel. I would be ashamed to get on this site and cry about holdbacks when I know of one kid at Corbin was held back twice, and both Meece and Corbin beat this team by 40 points or more last year when they were in the 7th grade. This must be one **** of a holdback,and who ever he is looks like he has never been beaten by Meece or Corbin in his career.
I happen to know for sure your whitley 7th score was corbin 44-6 over you all, also here on d.v.d. Please get your stats right before you post!!
We have state bound eyes!! No time for PRE-tenders.. hold back who you like, you still lose!! As for corbin hold backs, come look for yourself. No one here! FOR SURE!! GO HOUNDS!!
cherokee Wrote:Whitley's 8th grade beat Meece 54-0 and Meece threw in the towel last year at Meece with 6 minutes to go. Whitley beat Corbins 8th grade 20-8 last year.This Whitley team was also undefeated when they were 7th graders beating both Meece and Corbin at Corbin by 20+ points. This Whitley group only lost 2 games in their middle school career ( no holdbacks on that team) both to Bell County in close games. and this years Whitley team already beat Meece 8-2 and if Corbin hadn't chickened out they would have beaten them also. Whitley has never had to throw in the towel. I would be ashamed to get on this site and cry about holdbacks when I know of one kid at Corbin was held back twice, and both Meece and Corbin beat this team by 40 points or more last year when they were in the 7th grade. This must be one **** of a holdback,and who ever he is looks like he has never been beaten by Meece or Corbin in his career.
Well if this is true about hold backs then why did Whitley get kicked out of the conference and Not Meece or Corbin? You keep talkin about last year dude why don't you live in the present it will do you more good..Last year is just that last year do you know why people like whitley makes big deals on here? Because when they beat a power house like a Meece or a Corbin it's like a national title... Now if Meece or Corbin looses to you all it's just a mess up with us it's like we sprung a leak but we can fix it as well..You know you have stated on here how tough your Conferece is on here and how weak Meece and Corbins Conferece is and we would have a hard time winning.. If that's the case why do you get so excited if you beat one of these schools? I will tell you why and that's because you know you have played the best and you think if you all can play with one of us you all can play ball. Bottom line I don't think Corbin is chicken and # 2 I think you should play Meece again and see what happens..By the way have Whitley coaches to call our coaches after after the state playoffs games because we are looking for a tune up game before we go to knoxville and come up and see what happens.:rockon:
Well, enough said!
crime dawg Wrote:well if this is true about hold backs then why did whitley get kicked out of the conference and not meece or corbin? You keep talkin about last year dude why don't you live in the present it will do you more good..last year is just that last year do you know why people like whitley makes big deals on here? Because when they beat a power house like a meece or a corbin it's like a national title... Now if meece or corbin looses to you all it's just a mess up with us it's like we sprung a leak but we can fix it as well..you know you have stated on here how tough your conferece is on here and how weak meece and corbins conferece is and we would have a hard time winning.. If that's the case why do you get so excited if you beat one of these schools? I will tell you why and that's because you know you have played the best and you think if you all can play with one of us you all can play ball. Bottom line i don't think corbin is chicken and # 2 i think you should play meece again and see what happens..by the way have whitley coaches to call our coaches after after the state playoffs games because we are looking for a tune up game before we go to knoxville and come up and see what happens.:rockon:

like i said whitley 8 meece 2 that is this year dude
cherokee Wrote:like i said whitley 8 meece 2 that is this year dude
Meece is in the state Quarter finals were are u at Dude?Home thinking of next year ...Good luck...
Meece is pretty good.
Sounds like it was a heck of a battle...I just know that Knox co. Beat whitley twice this year..
What's up with the hold backs. They shouldn't have sent the kids to school to early. Then they wouldn't have to hold them back
Pages: 1 2