Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Stacey Poole Commits to UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just heard on the news that he has indeed committed to UK!!!
Good start!
Football, Basketball? which one is it? Give us a **** link man...
Basketball.

A four-star basketball recruit from Jacksonville announced Thursday that he will attend UK, becoming coach John Calipari's first 2010 commitment.
Stacey Poole, a four-star combo guard/small forward, visited UK last weekend. He made his announcement live on ESPNU, choosing UK over South Carolina.

Stacey Poole, Sr., who played basketball at Florida, told Palmetto Sports in South Carolina earlier in the week that he was surprised there was no commitment after the Kentucky visit, feeling that his son wanted to come to Lexington. His mother said she wanted her son close to home, and that he was leaning toward South Carolina.

Jeff Goodman, a college basketball writer for foxsports.com, posted a Twitter message Tuesday to Justin Young of the National Hoops Report saying, "what has recruiting come to that the no. 58 player in the land is making his college announcement on national TV. pathetic."

Young responded, via Twitter, "totally agree. but since he's going to UK, makes sense... I guess. Biggest potential audience."

http://www.lex18.com/news/basketball-rec...-carolina/
Yet another 4 star added to UK's team and theVille cries another tear....
Poole will be a solid 3-4 year player for the cats
I loved that he made a reference to Knight influencing his decision. That would be awesome to land him as well.
I'm glad he's on board. Can't wait to see who follows.
One down, many more to go.
Good start!
Awesome.
Great news for the Bluegrass State..oh yeah..not Louisville..forgot you was in the Bluegrass State, lol.
gish_7 Wrote:Poole will be a solid 3-4 year player for the cats

Very much needed. I love the talent that is coming in, but we are in need of talent that will stick around for a few years.
We are witnessing the "Return to Glory" folks...one recuit at a time!
Couldn't agree more. If they are one and done, and we are going to final fours I guess it is alright, but I agree with Stardust, I would love to see one stay at least 2 or 3 years.
Welcome poole