Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tobias Harris & Family will be at Big Blue Madness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tobias Harris’ father, Torrel Harris, phoned in with some interesting news today, telling us that the Harris family will be making the trip to Lexington on the weekend of Oct. 16th in order to attend UK’s Big Blue Madness.

“Like I said before, we like them and we still like them, so we’re going to be taking an official visit down there for Big Blue Madness,” Torrel Harris said on Wednesday.

The last trip that the Harris family made to Lexington was a stop along their route to the west coast, where Tobias was scheduled to compete in the Nike Global Challenge. That trip definitely vaulted UK up Tobias’ list but this visit, aside from the fact that it is one of only five possible official visits, will probably hold more weight when it comes to decision time. As Torrel Harris put it, “This time my wife will be there as well. She wasn’t with us last time. School will be in session, which wasn’t the case last time and we’ll also get to see a workout. This time Tobias will get to hang with the players too.

“The official visit is always real important. This time Tobias will get to hang with all of the players and get to see how he fits with all of them because when it comes down to it, that’s who he’ll be with 24/7 if he was to go there.”

Interestingly enough, this was one of the topics that Larry Glover asked me about on his radio show last night and we talked a bit about how I felt, from what I had been told in early September, that Tobias Harris would give UK one of his official visits. Getting Tobias to attend UK’s Big Blue Madness was easily Kentucky’s #1 target date and his acceptance is something that has to have the staff raving. With Josh Selby, Terrence Jones and Doron Lamb still needing to set their official visits up, there is a possibility that Kentucky isn’t finished yet. For now the list of visitors that will be at UK’s midnight madness includes CJ Leslie, Kyrie Irving, Tobias Harris and 2011’s Achraf Yacoubou.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=29079
hope to see them there
I also would love to see them also.