Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jacory Harris....Heisman dark horse??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you think? The Sophomore QB has been impressive so far this year for the Canes. I think if he stays on the pace he is on now, he will be up there with Tebow at the end of the season for the award.
there is a good chance he could be considerd but he would have had a lot of hype to be a real contender but he is awsome
With the numbers that Tony Pike of UC has put up thus far, he would be considered a darkhorse candidate before Harris. ESPN has been hyping Pike up a lot and comparing him to Tebow, Bradford, and McCoy.
Jacory is near and dear to me since I am a Canes fan, but he will prove to be too inconsistent to be a viable contender for heisman consideration.
Stardust Wrote:Jacory is near and dear to me since I am a Canes fan, but he will prove to be too inconsistent to be a viable contender for heisman consideration.

I hope your wrong dear Canes brother, not too many of us around these parts.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I hope your wrong dear Canes brother, not too many of us around these parts.

There's my boy. I had not crossed posts with you in a while my friend. Not many like the Canes, but I'm fine with that. I think that Jacory makes Rookie mistakes, but so far it's not hurt them in crucial situations. Va. Tech will throw schemes at him that will either make or break that game. Let's see how he handles blitzes that come at him from all 11 spots on the field. This is where I want to see the Canes running game step up and not need to rely on Jacory.
Stardust Wrote:There's my boy. I had not crossed posts with you in a while my friend. Not many like the Canes, but I'm fine with that. I think that Jacory makes Rookie mistakes, but so far it's not hurt them in crucial situations. Va. Tech will throw schemes at him that will either make or break that game. Let's see how he handles blitzes that come at him from all 11 spots on the field. This is where I want to see the Canes running game step up and not need to rely on Jacory.

This has been one of my biggest fears for this season, how he will handle the blitz of VT. I'm hoping for a decent game, but 1 INT wouldn't be that bad.
I think if he can come out and beat Va Tech, and put on a good performance against Oklahome, then he will be considered.
Stardust Wrote:Jacory is near and dear to me since I am a Canes fan, but he will prove to be too inconsistent to be a viable contender for heisman consideration.

Inconsistent? Harris has been a winner at every level he has played on. He split time last year as a true freshman and if you remember correctly he brought the Canes back against Virginia in the fourth quarter at Virginia. I know its hard to come out and say it cause the Canes have been down for so long. But hey they're back and Harris is the real deal. As far as I know the only start he has ever lost playing qb was against a very good Cal team in the bowl game last year and he put them in a situation to win it late and performed well. I saw a scroll on ESPN saying he didn't have any games over 220 yards last year, but he played in almost every game and split time with Marve. The measuring stick of how good he is is simple 3 five star qb's have transfered out of Miami becaue they knew they wouldn't get any playing time until Harris leaves. Players of that caliber don't leave, they stay and compete because they know they can win the job. Unless you have someone like a Harris or Tebow starting. Oh ye of little faith. Raise your hands in the U and let's roll the **** Hokies this week!!!!!!!!!!
the RB best from CAL i believe this kid will walk away with it if he keeps this up. but harris definitely deserves his props. kid is just a solid playmaker day in day out.
Its to early to tell, remember Andre Woodson and his Heisman talk.
launchpad4 Wrote:Inconsistent? Harris has been a winner at every level he has played on. He split time last year as a true freshman and if you remember correctly he brought the Canes back against Virginia in the fourth quarter at Virginia. I know its hard to come out and say it cause the Canes have been down for so long. But hey they're back and Harris is the real deal. As far as I know the only start he has ever lost playing qb was against a very good Cal team in the bowl game last year and he put them in a situation to win it late and performed well. I saw a scroll on ESPN saying he didn't have any games over 220 yards last year, but he played in almost every game and split time with Marve. The measuring stick of how good he is is simple 3 five star qb's have transfered out of Miami becaue they knew they wouldn't get any playing time until Harris leaves. Players of that caliber don't leave, they stay and compete because they know they can win the job. Unless you have someone like a Harris or Tebow starting. Oh ye of little faith. Raise your hands in the U and let's roll the **** Hokies this week!!!!!!!!!!
Very well said!! :worthy::worthy:
launchpad4 Wrote:Inconsistent? Harris has been a winner at every level he has played on. He split time last year as a true freshman and if you remember correctly he brought the Canes back against Virginia in the fourth quarter at Virginia. I know its hard to come out and say it cause the Canes have been down for so long. But hey they're back and Harris is the real deal. As far as I know the only start he has ever lost playing qb was against a very good Cal team in the bowl game last year and he put them in a situation to win it late and performed well. I saw a scroll on ESPN saying he didn't have any games over 220 yards last year, but he played in almost every game and split time with Marve. The measuring stick of how good he is is simple 3 five star qb's have transfered out of Miami becaue they knew they wouldn't get any playing time until Harris leaves. Players of that caliber don't leave, they stay and compete because they know they can win the job. Unless you have someone like a Harris or Tebow starting. Oh ye of little faith. Raise your hands in the U and let's roll the **** Hokies this week!!!!!!!!!!

3 Five star QB's have transferred out? I follow the Canes extremely closely, I'll need help with who they were?
There has only been 2 games so far, so I highly doubt anybody besides Tebow and McCoy will be truly considered (Bradford is injured) for the Heisman. I don't think 2 games is enough to say anyone is a darkhorse. Miami has played good so far and mostly because of Harris, but you have to play GREAT basically every game throughout the season to have a shot. Last year, McCoy played as good as anyone possibly could have and still didn't win. Tebow played unreal the second half of the season and came in 3rd. You just have to be way above everyone else.
Stardust Wrote:3 Five star QB's have transferred out? I follow the Canes extremely closely, I'll need help with who they were?

Yes I agree, where did all these great QB's go
Stardust Wrote:3 Five star QB's have transferred out? I follow the Canes extremely closely, I'll need help with who they were?

Marve, Cannon Smith, and Taylor Cook. Marve left after Christmas and the other two left a couple of weeks ago. Big write-up on SI when it happened and they kept talking about it when Harris got hurt in the FSU game.
launchpad4 Wrote:Marve, Cannon Smith, and Taylor Cook. Marve left after Christmas and the other two left a couple of weeks ago. Big write-up on SI when it happened and they kept talking about it when Harris got hurt in the FSU game.

Marve was a 4 star
Cook was a 3 star
Smith was a 2 star
Harris was a 3 star

From Scout
Jacory just became an average QB....

Heisman? Maybe next year.
I guess this was completely incorrect as i said, when u play a team with a good defense everything changes