Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rumor: Stacey Poole coming to UK???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have heard from a couple different people that the 27th player in the 2010 class is commiting to UK today. He is a SG/SF. Does anyone know anything more on this subject???
KSR is reporting that he will make his college choice today but according to Justin Young of Rivals.com, ESPN has asked Poole to make his college choice thursday at 5:30 on ESPNU
I heard that he was going to commit while in Lexington (for his official visit and football game) and then was advised to make his decision after he had left Lexington and was back home. I haven't heard about ESPNU asking him to postpone and them cover it but I wouldn't doubt it.
I have a really good track record when I do this.....

I am calling it... Poole will be a Wildcat come Thursday evening. He is between UK, South Carolina, and Clemson (though they are very unlikely). Coach Cal took a very interesting strategy for Poole's official visit as he hardly spoke to him the entire trip, he wanted Poole to spend the whole weekend with the players and bond with them. Poole was impressed with the UK fans.

To further solidify things IMO, South Carolina picked up a committment from a 6'4 SG yesterday. My guess is Poole has already informed USCjr he is going to UK so they closed out their backup plan.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I have a really good track record when I do this.....

I am calling it... Poole will be a Wildcat come Thursday evening. He is between UK, South Carolina, and Clemson (though they are very unlikely). Coach Cal took a very interesting strategy for Poole's official visit as he hardly spoke to him the entire trip, he wanted Poole to spend the whole weekend with the players and bond with them. Poole was impressed with the UK fans.

To further solidify things IMO, South Carolina picked up a committment from a 6'4 SG yesterday. My guess is Poole has already informed USCjr he is going to UK so they closed out their backup plan.

from what i read on KSR he took Clemson off his list so its down to UK and South Carolina

- ESPN telling pool to wait til thursday

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=28929
Strikeout King Wrote:from what i read on KSR he took Clemson off his list so its down to UK and South Carolina

- ESPN telling pool to wait til thursday

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=28929

You are absolutely right. It is down to UK and South Carolina now. I don't see ESPN requesting a South Carolina signee to postpone so they can air it. I'm thinking that Poole is UK's first commit for 2010.
He just came off of a visit at UK...I dont even think he has visited SC, so I would be shocked if he's not a wildcat Thursday
Did he announce a decision?
Stardust Wrote:Did he announce a decision?

he is suppose to announce thursday evening around 5:30
Stardust Wrote:Did he announce a decision?

Not until thursday
KSR also had a link to some twitter talk about this all but being a done deal.
Poole will be a nice addition, but I do wonder if this shoots our chances at landing another, more highly rated SG in Doron Lamb?

It may, but even so you can't turn down a solid player like Poole when they want to come. Cal is doing the right thing by taking Poole and just hoping for the best with Lamb.
I read somewhere Poole's mother said she would like for him to goto South Carolina.
More Cowbell Wrote:Poole will be a nice addition, but I do wonder if this shoots our chances at landing another, more highly rated SG in Doron Lamb?

It may, but even so you can't turn down a solid player like Poole when they want to come. Cal is doing the right thing by taking Poole and just hoping for the best with Lamb.
Odds are it will keep Lamb from signing. But then again, I thought when Bledsoe committed it would keep Wall from committing. With Cal, you never know.
Poole will commit to UK.. mark it down!! :rockon:
More Cowbell Wrote:Poole will be a nice addition, but I do wonder if this shoots our chances at landing another, more highly rated SG in Doron Lamb?

I think Cal is trying to send a message to recruits...Lamb has had the offer for awhile now, he just hasn't pulled the trigger...Cal is not going to play the waiting game with anyone, and he's not going to chase and beg kids to come here...so why not go ahead and take a talented kid that has made it public that he loves and wants to play for UK and Cal....