Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Adams vs. Letcher JV (9/22)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should be a good matchup...
I think we have 4 teams in the small school division with only one loss as of today.
Betsy Layne
Adams
Hazard
Letcher JV
Should be an exciting finish to the regular season.
when and where is the post season grid ?
October 24th @ Magoffin County
how is it decided about who u play?
Playoffs 1st round will start on October 13th
#1 will get a bye
#2 will host # 9
#3 will host # 8
#4 will host # 7
and # 5 will host # 6
Depends on finish in regular season games.
canoeman06 Wrote:Playoffs 1st round will start on October 13th
#1 will get a bye
#2 will host # 9
#3 will host # 8
#4 will host # 7
and # 5 will host # 6
Depends on finish in regular season games.

How would that work? There would be 5 teams left after the first round.
the last place team might not make the playoffs to make it work.
My bad !! It should br 8 versus 9 as a play in game. # 1 would get the winner. 2 would then play 7 , 3 would play 6 and 4 would play 5.
That look better ???
I just don't get excited about a JV champsionship. It's JV! The best team in JV is a result of what? Playing kids on JV that should have been on Varsity? Most schools do it right, and if they Freshman, Sophomore or Junior is truly a good Football player, they are on the field on Friday night not Saturday afternoon too
Its not a "JV" championship. Do you know anything about our conference ?
We have a large school division and a small school division. Letcher 8th grade is in the large school and the 8th grade non starters and 7th graders are in the small school division. Only Letcher and JC have two teams. All other schools in the small division are varsity teams. With your way of thinking, I guess all kids that cant start should just give it up !!!!! A JV championship is just as deserving for kids as a varsity IMO ! The non-starters show up and practice just like everybody else !! Sorry if you cant get excited about a JV game though. This is Middle School not high school...
canoeman06 Wrote:Its not a "JV" championship. Do you know anythimg about our conference ?
We have a large school division and a small school division. Letcher 8th grade is in the large school and the 8th grade non starters and 7th graders are in the small school division. Only Letcher and JC have two teams. All other schools in the small division are varsity teams. With your way of thinking, I guess all kids that cant start should just give it up !!!!! A JV championship is just as deserving for kids as a varsity IMO ! The non-starters show up and practice just like everybody else !! Sorry if you cant get excited about a JV game though. This is Middle School not high school...

JV football is about development! That's it! I know more about it that what you think and I don't get hung up on it! If there is any JV coach out there that plays to win ONLY, without developing the kids who don't play on Friday nights, then he is not doing his job. There is no way that JV teams win consistently if they are playing everyone! JV teams on Saturday should be changing every week if the Varsity coaches are taking those very same kids who are developing them and playing them on Friday night! It's that simple!
Stardust Wrote:I just don't get excited about a JV champsionship. It's JV! The best team in JV is a result of what? Playing kids on JV that should have been on Varsity? Most schools do it right, and if they Freshman, Sophomore or Junior is truly a good Football player, they are on the field on Friday night not Saturday afternoon too

DO YOU REALIZE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MIDDLE SCHOOL ON THIS THREAD ???????????????????????????????????
THIS IS A MIDDLE SCHOOL FOOTBALL PLAYOFF !!!
NOTHING TO DO WITH HIGH SCHOOL....
TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THE BIG SANDY CONFERENCE IN MIDDLE SCHOOL FOOTBALL ???
How it is broken down, who is in what division or better yet what JV MEANS when it comes to our conference ??
Thats What I thought !!!
The title of this thread is JV! Tone down the captilization!
Stardust Wrote:JV football is about development! That's it! I know more about it that what you think and I don't get hung up on it! If there is any JV coach out there that plays to win ONLY, without developing the kids who don't play on Friday nights, then he is not doing his job. There is no way that JV teams win consistently if they are playing everyone! JV teams on Saturday should be changing every week if the Varsity coaches are taking those very same kids who are developing them and playing them on Friday night! It's that simple!

This thread is about middle school football not high school JV teams. These teams are in the Big Sandy Valley Conference. As Cman stated our conference has 2 divisions- Large school and Small school. Johnson Central has 2 teams, 1 8th grade that plays in the large school and a 7th grade that plays in small school. Letcher Central also has 2 teams but divide their teams into a varsity team for large school and the second team is called their jv team for the small school division. These schools are large enough to field 2 teams and those second teams are also competing for the small school division title. What better way to develop your kids if you are lucky enough to be able to field 2 teams and those second teams are competeing just as hard and devolping kids just as the first teams are. While every coach wants to win, in the end every single school and coach in the Big Sandy Conference is trying to develop as many kids as possible in an effort to turn out better prepared kids to make our high school programs better.
Stardust Wrote:The title of this thread is JV! Tone down the captilization!

The title of this thread is Adams vs Letcher JV in the Middle school sports section of BGR. Which should lead most to think this is about Middle school sports, not high school.
Thanks Colonel ! and yes it is in the middle school section.......
Sorry Mod !
Thank you all for clarifying this :Thumbs:
Good luck to all
I know nothing about your conference so I have a few questions about the A,B C and JV teams you guys are talking about.

Are the different teams grade related? Such as...... are the B-teams all 6th and 7th graders or do you divide them into first team(A) and 2nd team(B) and so forth? Are all 8th grade or A teams competing in the large school division and all B teams under the small school or are there 8th grade teams that are small in enrollment so they play in the small school division?

Is there any difference between JV teams and B teams?:please:
keep up the good work canoe man ! this years results as of now really show what a great idea it was to go big school small school in our conf.! just watched lcc 7 play sv 8 in the bobcat bowl , looks like their qb 8 is out , they have a nice team though , size in adams favor, speed even , 53 is a bull ! a game adams should win in a close one , good luck blackcats go F.C.F.!
Grant-its-R-Us Wrote:I know nothing about your conference so I have a few questions about the A,B C and JV teams you guys are talking about.

Are the different teams grade related? Such as...... are the B-teams all 6th and 7th graders or do you divide them into first team(A) and 2nd team(B) and so forth? Are all 8th grade or A teams competing in the large school division and all B teams under the small school or are there 8th grade teams that are small in enrollment so they play in the small school division?

Is there any difference between JV teams and B teams?:please:

The conference is for 7th and 8th grades. Large school and small school are for the most part followed by high school class. Single A - 3A are in small school and 4-A - 6-A are in large school. Letcher and Johnson Central have two teams involved. The Large school teams are the 8th graders for the most part and the small school (JC and LCC) are 7th graders and non-starters on the big team. Hope that helps
adams going to letcher adams should come on top of this game
canoeman06 Wrote:Should be a good matchup...
I think we have 4 teams in the small school division with only one loss as of today.
Betsy Layne
Adams
Hazard
Letcher JV
Should be an exciting finish to the regular season.

I'll take Adams in this one! By 12 or more.
I think some people are overlooking a very good Letcher JV team. A team that knocked off Hazard. We are going over to play a strong team. We wont be looking past Letcher. Coach Howard does a good job with all of his kids !
yes he does a very good job but i think if anderson and keens steps up they will win
I agree with you canoeman. We scrimmaged them and they are physical. Watched them light it up against Shelby Valley! Definitely not a team to be overlooked!! Should be a good matchup. Adams is good and from what I hear are only getting better! Best of luck to both teams!
adams can win if anderson and keens plays with all they got they are the future of blackcat football
We also have a 5th and 6th grade team, but does any of the 6th grade players play on the jv team?
cougarpride08 Wrote:we also have a 5th and 6th grade team, but does any of the 6th grade players play on the jv team?

nope