Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry v/s Johnson Central (8thgrade)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
sounds like its going to be a war, if not mistaken both teams beat lcc by same score, and i think the score against belfry was on special teams...go piratesTongueirateSho
Pirates got this one.21-7.
No way! Its JC winning 20-6:argue:
i think it will be a good game have seen both teams play i give the edge to belfry too many weapons. and they hit u very very hard.and there quickness is unreal.:flame:
Grant-its-R-Us Wrote:No way! Its JC winning 20-6:argue:

BMS 20-14, with #33 catching the winning TD.
I say j-central well win good luck to all
I think Belfry has the best chance of winning this game. Belfry's backfield are almost unstoppable. These boys just rock the house where ever they are. From Sani (qb) throwing the ball 60+yds. to possibly the best running back in the county, who am i kidding the state Justin Johnson, finds a way to break away and run touchdowns almost every time he touches the ball. Belfry's line, well they are just beasty. Let's not even get started on there defense, we'll only say Johnson co. is going to have a hard time moving the ball,lol Good luck pirates, show them who rocks the house
This team is loaded with talent. From the fastest running back in probably the state (Justin Johnson) to a quarterback( Sani Warren) who has a throwing arm that most high school guys only dream of, the talent just keeps on going in all postions on the field. Johnson Central will have their hands full Monday night. Pirates will rock the house!
Im sure the warren kid has a great arm, but 60+ yards? How many colleges have contacted him because if he can throw it 60 yards in 8th grade every college coach in the country should be contacting him soon. Don't take this as an attack on the kid I'm sure he's a great player and Belfry is a great team but hard to believe that he can throw the ball 60+
proudpiratemom Wrote:I think Belfry has the best chance of winning this game. Belfry's backfield are almost unstoppable. These boys just rock the house where ever they are. From Sani (qb) throwing the ball 60+yds. to possibly the best running back in the county, who am i kidding the state Justin Johnson, finds a way to break away and run touchdowns almost every time he touches the ball. Belfry's line, well they are just beasty. Let's not even get started on there defense, we'll only say Johnson co. is going to have a hard time moving the ball,lol Good luck pirates, show them who rocks the house

i would like to see him throw it that far,he didnt do it last year,i hope he can,and,justin is good but not fastest in the state,i hear he is not as fast as last year from an injury,coach may will have them ready,not putting this kids down, cause i know most of them,and have ex step son on the team,just dont build up more than they can do....go pirates...TongueirateSho
proudpiratemom Wrote:I think Belfry has the best chance of winning this game. Belfry's backfield are almost unstoppable. These boys just rock the house where ever they are. From Sani (qb) throwing the ball 60+yds. to possibly the best running back in the county, who am i kidding the state Justin Johnson, finds a way to break away and run touchdowns almost every time he touches the ball. Belfry's line, well they are just beasty. Let's not even get started on there defense, we'll only say Johnson co. is going to have a hard time moving the ball,lol Good luck pirates, show them who rocks the house

60+??? I 'm on my way to see a man about a dog........ anyway, I'm sure this kid has an outstanding arm but 60+ is a very nice distance. to give you an idea how nice it is, I'll use our quarterback as an example. He can throw it 90+ ...........just kidding. Sounds like Belfry has a very nice team as does Johnson County so I'm going out on a limb and predict a 16-14 victory by JCMS.:argue::argue:
couple of hrs until they get it on,dont think any belfry school has beaten a jc middle school team yet just like jc high hasnt beat belfry high school yet,the middle school may end to night but dont think the high schol one will end this year...
Can't make a prediction on this one guys. Both teams beat my Cougars and did it in different ways. I like both defenses and both of them can move the ball. I know it will be a barnburner tonight in Johnson County. I do think the home team has a little edge as far as that goes. I say the game will be determined by who has the least amount of turnovers, it will be that close. All I know is that I will have to travel to whom ever loses this game and I don't have a preference becasue both teams are equally as good as the other. Good luck to both, I really respect both coaches and know that they will have their guys ready to go to war tonight. Who's ready for some good old Middle School Monday Night Football. I wish it wasn't so far of a trip or I'd drive on over and watch what I think will one heck of a game.

JCMS 8 Belfry 0:rockon:
Two great teams, one great game. This one could have gone either way. Great game.

Not meaning to be critical, but I thought that Gound was head and shoulders the better of the two QB's. Didn't even think it was close. I was also not able to detect any blinding speed by anyone dressed in red. I did however see a couple of red suited beasts on the line. Cant deny that one

Belfry does has a nice team. Great game to watch.
Wow, I thought the score would have been higher on both sides. Great game. There was chances for both teams to score more, but the defences didn't allow it. Belfry is a much improved team over last season. If these 2 teams meet again in the conference finals it will be a war. Great job Eagles! Enjoy the victory! Got Corbin this weekend.:Clap:
wow what a game it could have went both ways.i was very impressed with the belfry defence in the second half. they gave up nothing.the only difference in this game was home field advantage. and it showed.i think they will see each other again in the championship game. good luck to both.
I told you all that home field advantage would be huge in this game. I'm not referring to bad ref's because I have always gotten great called games at Johnson Central but it's the comfort level of the kids playing on their home field. Looks like I get to take my Cougars back to Belfry for the playoffs, never a good environment to play in because the Pirates take pride in playing on their home field. Congrats to both coaches and teams on what sounds to be one heck of a game last night. I thought that both teams would have scored more points than they did though. Keep your heads up Pirates, sometimes it takes a loss to get you refocused.
My take on the game. JC scores on the first drive of the game. Then both defenses played great. JC had a couple of more scoring chances in the first half, but didn't capitalize. Belfry came out in the 2nd half and there defense was on a mission. But, the players of the game has to be the Johnson COunty defense, I don't think they allowed 1oo yds total offense all night. Belfry I think only got it on there side of the 50 once.
Great view of the game from Coach Howard, he hit the nail on the head. My nephew plays for JC Eagles, and I agree that home field advantage plays a huge role in all football games at any level from LL to the NFL. My hat goes off to both teams they played a awesome game of defense. This group of Pirates are far improved from the team we played last year, and I along with many others are willing to bet money that these two teams will face off again in the Big Sandy championship game. As a spectator I felt Coach May had placed too much confidence in #28 RB to carry them to victory, it appeared to me without looking at the stats that the other backs #25, and #32 covered as much ground with far fewer touches. I thought Belfry's QB #3 did a good job, and the Pirates has a much improved offensive and defensive line. I thought Gound from JC led his team on the field , and did an awesome job. 2 great teams, 1 great ballgame, can't wait to see what happens the next time these 2 teams face off! Proud Eagle Fan.
yea last year i think it was 36-6 jc,i know last couple of years, the 7th grade games jc has beaten belfry bad, and then when it came to the 8th games, it was a war,still won by jc, but could have went either way,congrtas to both teams,belfry make sure you guys get a rematch....
I say hold on a minute guys. Don't write LCC off just yet. Howard will have his Cougars playing the right kind of ball when the tourny comes around. If I'm right they lost last year in the regular season to JC and avenged that loss in the playoffs. They are not playing well right now but I'm sure you will see the true colors of our Cougars when playoff time rolls around. I bet that if you ask Belfry's and Johnson Central's coaches they will tell you that they aren't looking forward to playing LCC in the playoffs because they know it will be a war for sure.
Johnson Central wins this one and congradulations for sure. However, there will be a rematch in the Big Sandy Championship where Belfry will get there revenge. lambert #1 LCC has a good team, but I am sorry to say you lost too much off of last years squad.
tcb Wrote:Johnson Central wins this one and congradulations for sure. However, there will be a rematch in the Big Sandy Championship where Belfry will get there revenge. lambert #1 LCC has a good team, but I am sorry to say you lost too much off of last years squad.

JC and Letcher usually lose everything from the year before. They play mostly 8th graders.
I think coaches from both sides will find a lot to pick on, but both teams played really hard. I think carr #25 had his best game ever, tou can see hes been working hard, may #32 had a good game on both sides of the ball, so did #33. Belfry has to beat lcc now, and no matter what coach howard says on hear, hes coming in to belfry with a very good football team, and they will be ready to play. Pirate o line needs to step up to the challanges ahead of them
mr. Slate Wrote:jc and letcher usually lose everything from the year before. They play mostly 8th graders.
belfry is all 8th grade also
I think the jc qb played the better of the two last night, have no doubt about #28 speed but he needs open grass to run. They where ready for him last night the middle is where bms was moving the ball. If bms would have ponded the middle more it might have opened up the outside. The front seven is where the game was won last night. Jc front seven whipped bms front seven and that was the diff. #32 from bhs was crunching people last night, blocking, tackling , running #23had a good game on d.#25 had a good game to.
THE 8TH MULE Wrote:I think the jc qb played the better of the two last night, have no doubt about #28 speed but he needs open grass to run. They where ready for him last night the middle is where bms was moving the ball. If bms would have ponded the middle more it might have opened up the outside. The front seven is where the game was won last night. Jc front seven whipped bms front seven and that was the diff. #32 from bhs was crunching people last night, blocking, tackling , running #23had a good game on d.#25 had a good game to.

You are right about pounding it up the gut. On Belfry's last drive, they had gained 7 yards on 2 runs up the middle and on third and 3 they try some crazy pass. 2 runs would have probably got them the first down, instead they had a 4th and seven and that was the game. JC was just a little better at the start of the game. If they play again, Belfry needs to not act intimidated the first quarter and come out and play football.
Where will this game be played at? If it's at Belfry, no one but Belfry will win there.
Pages: 1 2