Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson co. Defeats letcher co.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
JOHNSON CO 22
LETCHER CO 6

8th GRADE GAME, WE LEFT WITH SOME TIME LEFT ON THE CLOCK, BUT NOT MUCH, SO THE SCORE MAY NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE. JC HAS SOME HUGE GUYS ON THE LINE AND SOME VERY QUICK SKILL POSTION PLAYERS, THEY WILL BE HARD TO BEAT.
I wanted to be the first to congratulate Johnson Central on the huge win tonight at Letcher Central. They came to play and beat my Cougars at every aspect of the game. There defense was much quicker to the ball than ours, their offense was ran more crisp and they looked like a well oiled machine. Coach Blair as usual was very classy in victory and his kids was well mannered and played the game as it was supposed to be played. Their kids seemed to want the win more and played with more heart than ours did. Once again congrats to Coach Blair and his kids. Belfry better be ready Monday night because I know that Johnson Central will be more than ready. I would almost drive to Johnson Central to watch this war.
I thought LCC hit and hit hard. Passing game for LCC was good and the punts gave us fits.( cost us a turn over and the other two gave us bad field position )Great job to our Eagles, you could tell they wanted it. Defense played well and the offense came to play. Game ball would have to go to #56, he was all over the place. Great player and even better kid. great game LCC .
Johnson County 7th 26
Letcher Jv 12
Coach Howard Wrote:I wanted to be the first to congratulate Johnson Central on the huge win tonight at Letcher Central. They came to play and beat my Cougars at every aspect of the game. There defense was much quicker to the ball than ours, their offense was ran more crisp and they looked like a well oiled machine. Coach Blair as usual was very classy in victory and his kids was well mannered and played the game as it was supposed to be played. Their kids seemed to want the win more and played with more heart than ours did. Once again congrats to Coach Blair and his kids. Belfry better be ready Monday night because I know that Johnson Central will be more than ready. I would almost drive to Johnson Central to watch this war.
Coach Howard how can you say that about your team they played their hearts out man if our coach felt that way about our team they would not be where they are today.
JC has a great team of players
how about those Eagles great job
Go Eagles! You have set the standard.
Coach Howard Wrote:I wanted to be the first to congratulate Johnson Central on the huge win tonight at Letcher Central. They came to play and beat my Cougars at every aspect of the game. There defense was much quicker to the ball than ours, their offense was ran more crisp and they looked like a well oiled machine. Coach Blair as usual was very classy in victory and his kids was well mannered and played the game as it was supposed to be played. Their kids seemed to want the win more and played with more heart than ours did. Once again congrats to Coach Blair and his kids. Belfry better be ready Monday night because I know that Johnson Central will be more than ready. I would almost drive to Johnson Central to watch this war.
You have proved to be classy yourself coach. Thanks for the lesson for others in how to walk with pride for your team and lead with integrity.
fanofjc Wrote:Coach Howard how can you say that about your team they played their hearts out man if our coach felt that way about our team they would not be where they are today.

It looks to me that he was only being gracious in defeat. He did not berate or belittle his team. I have know this man for many years and I know that losing kills him but sometimes you lose. I would rather see this than him hollering he was cheated.
LCC what did they feed #75 they can send what ever it is over our way man can he kick a football.He hit my boy and he said that was the first time he was ever hit like that.
First of all, Great game to watch if you like watching games with a knot in you stomach. LOL. Very proud of our boys. They played an overall good game. Haven't heard about Dustin (72), he went to the ER with an elbow injury. I hope everything is alright. Good game Letcher. I thought you were the most physical team that we have played so far. I'm glad we had already played physical teams like Breathitt and Leslie Co. It got our team ready for last night.We had a lot of standout players, but I would have to agree with bigjim4packers, #56 Quade Ward, was player of the game. Maybe a coach can put his total tackles on here, but I'm sure it was in the teens. Great job Eagles! Enjoy the victory today. We need to get ready to play Belfry Monday night. GO EAGLES!!!!
lean&mean Wrote:It looks to me that he was only being gracious in defeat. He did not berate or belittle his team. I have know this man for many years and I know that losing kills him but sometimes you lose. I would rather see this than him hollering he was cheated.
That's the way I took it. I thought his post was classy and showed good sportsmanship. Come on fanofjc, I don't think he was coming down on his kids, he was bragging on ours.
I want to thank Coach Howard for bragging on our team.But to say those kids didn't want the win.Those kids played hard .I would like to thank the Lcc player for a good game and hold your heads up high you guy gave us a game Thank you
eagle dad 2014 Wrote:First of all, Great game to watch if you like watching games with a knot in you stomach. LOL. Very proud of our boys. They played an overall good game. Haven't heard about Dustin (72), he went to the ER with an elbow injury. I hope everything is alright. Good game Letcher. I thought you were the most physical team that we have played so far. I'm glad we had already played physical teams like Breathitt and Leslie Co. It got our team ready for last night.We had a lot of standout players, but I would have to agree with bigjim4packers, #56 Quade Ward, was player of the game. Maybe a coach can put his total tackles on here, but I'm sure it was in the teens. Great job Eagles! Enjoy the victory today. We need to get ready to play Belfry Monday night. GO EAGLES!!!!

Sorry eagle dad 2014, stat sheets are for coaches only. They only important stat is the final score. Quade, as well as everyone else, did a fantastic job.
Great game Eagles played a very good game over here and played it well.
Guys,
All I was saying is that the JC team played like I thought they would play. They came to win a Big Sandy game and they did so. They wanted the win and played with intensity and determination, I have to give credit where credit is due. On my side of the ball I just don't think I got the same type of intensity and will to win that we showed last Thursday night against New Harlan. I'm not saying our kids didn't play hard, if you were to ask them about our post game speech you would hear them say that they just didn't ever get into that groove that we were in against New Harlan. That had a whole lot to do with the JC kids lining up and hitting us in the mouth and willing themselves to a victory. I take part of that blame, it is my job as the coach to have those kids motivated and ready to play a game. I guess we will move on and hope that we can get the train back on the track before next Saturday when we play Clay County in the Unite Bowl at Leslie County. I know one thing for sure. Next week there will be a whole bunch of fundamental tackling drills ran in practice because we have to get rid of the arm tackling and playing on the backs of our heels on defense. Our running backs will learn next week that we do not need to stop and fake left or juke right, we need to be lowering our heads and running through would be tacklers and this will be fixed before the Clay County game. There was no disrespect meant towards my team, we will have games like that but it can't be against a top notch program like Johnson Central.
Coach Howard Wrote:Guys,
All I was saying is that the JC team played like I thought they would play. They came to win a Big Sandy game and they did so. They wanted the win and played with intensity and determination, I have to give credit where credit is due. On my side of the ball I just don't think I got the same type of intensity and will to win that we showed last Thursday night against New Harlan. I'm not saying our kids didn't play hard, if you were to ask them about our post game speech you would hear them say that they just didn't ever get into that groove that we were in against New Harlan. That had a whole lot to do with the JC kids lining up and hitting us in the mouth and willing themselves to a victory. I take part of that blame, it is my job as the coach to have those kids motivated and ready to play a game. I guess we will move on and hope that we can get the train back on the track before next Saturday when we play Clay County in the Unite Bowl at Leslie County. I know one thing for sure. Next week there will be a whole bunch of fundamental tackling drills ran in practice because we have to get rid of the arm tackling and playing on the backs of our heels on defense. Our running backs will learn next week that we do not need to stop and fake left or juke right, we need to be lowering our heads and running through would be tacklers and this will be fixed before the Clay County game. There was no disrespect meant towards my team, we will have games like that but it can't be against a top notch program like Johnson Central.

I cant for the life of me understand why anyone could not understand the point you were trying to make. Thanks for the compliment and good luck to Letcher Central!!

Very classy post there coach!!!!
THOMCAT Wrote:Sorry eagle dad 2014, stat sheets are for coaches only. They only important stat is the final score. Quade, as well as everyone else, did a fantastic job.

:worthy: Oh great and mighty "Keeper of The Clipboard", Please forgive this lowly fan. I did not know that stats are sacred!!! LOL.

THOMCAT you sound like a Trix cereal commercial " Silly eagle dad 2014, stats are for coaches". LOL.
eagle dad 2014 Wrote::worthy: Oh great and mighty "Keeper of The Clipboard", Please forgive this lowly fan. I did not know that stats are sacred!!! LOL.

THOMCAT you sound like a Trix cereal commercial " Silly eagle dad 2014, stats are for coaches". LOL.

:lmao:
I would tell ya if I knew, but he won't even show me .TongueirateSho
MR. Slate Wrote::lmao:
I would tell ya if I knew, but he won't even show me .TongueirateSho

:Thumbs: Wouldn't doubt it a bit.lol.
Who's got time to read 20 pages of stats anyway?
cart man Wrote:Who's got time to read 20 pages of stats anyway?

You can read??????
THOMCAT Wrote:You can read??????

:lmao:
THOMCAT Wrote:You can read??????

I can read, but you only if you type slower so that I keep up.