Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK v. Florida Scheduled for 6pm on ESPN2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just announced by UK Athletics. Thought I would give a heads up to anyone that might be trying to plan tailgating and/or looking to watch the game.

Good to see the cats starting the season with 3 games on national television. And I'm willing to bet they will get at least 5 of their first 6 games televised. This exposure is great for recruiting!
Good stuff. I can finally watch this game on Lindsey Wilson College's cable!
This shall be interesting lol Smile
The last time UK played the #1 team at home in the evening good things happened.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The last time UK played the #1 team at home in the evening good things happened.

I know, I was hoping for an evening game for Florida! Oh man, I hope UK shocks the Gators...
Lol, Upsetting Florida Sounds NIce,
this is great for the program...just a few years ago we couldnt have paid ESPN to televise a game so it was off to tuning into JP Sports which I had to mute and listen to Leach because their commentary is terrible lol
LOL, didnt the sec sign a 6 year deal with espn?
I should defiantly be at this game.

Go Cats!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:LOL, didnt the sec sign a 6 year deal with espn?

yes they did but i was speaking in years past...
It's a good possibility for Kentucky to beat Florida. ESPN experts even said this. LSU is probably the team that would beat Florida, though. I think UK would be the second team who had the best chances of winning.
The cats are definitely due. You never know.
Beating florida would be like the apocalypse
neverwas Wrote:The cats are definitely due. You never know.

yah, loooong overdue!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol, Upsetting Florida Sounds NIce,

Sounds pretty nice, unlikely, but it still sounds very nice!:Thumbs:
it is a possibility for uk to win they will be rolling into that game riding sky high because the players really believe they can do it they have this new found wildcat package one of the best receivers in the country in matthews good tough backs and its at home and late in the evening Cats pull the upset 38-35Confusedleep: uk is a sleeper well rested and 2-0
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:it is a possibility for uk to win they will be rolling into that game riding sky high because the players really believe they can do it they have this new found wildcat package one of the best receivers in the country in matthews good tough backs and its at home and late in the evening Cats pull the upset 38-35Confusedleep: uk is a sleeper well rested and 2-0

I agree, UK is very well rested, this will be Florida's fourth straight game..Cats pull the upset! #1 goes down 31-28
The only thing that will separate UK from Florida is special teams. We seen how the blocked punts last season killed UK in Gainesville. Now we don't have Matshay kicking the football into or out of the endzone. Our low kickoffs that travel to the 10-yard line can easily be returned for a TD by Florida's speedy returners. Plus if we cannot get punts off cleanly we could yet again dig our self into a hole that we will not be able to get out of. So keeping away from turnovers and keeping our defense off the field will keep this a close game. But if our offense cannot move the ball then we are done with before halftime or the 3rd quarter.

Go Cats!
How will we be any more rested than florida after playing a tough rivalry game this weekend?
Florida played the weekend of the 12th whereas UK got that weekend off. They both play the weekend of the 19th before they meet on the 26th but the Wildcats have had less games so far this season.
Florida by 21+