Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central 28 Hazard 22 (JV)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LCC Cougars upset the Hazard Bulldogs today in a hard fought 28-22 barnburner!!! The Cougars looked really good and played hard. Nick Mullins #14 played an outstanding game along with many others!!!

Congratulations are also in order for these two young men!!!
Houston Watts Offensive MVP
Keith Boggs Defensive MVP

Cougars are now on the bus heading to the Shelby Valley Bowl where they will face Pike Central. Long day for the Cougars!!! Good luck!!!! :thumpsup:
JV or mixed in varsity ??
It was the J.V. team that beat Hazard today. Real good game, I'm glad I made the trip down today to watch this one. Both teams played really well, I was kind of shocked that the small school team hung with Hazard little lone won the game.
So LCC 7th grade team beat Hazard, what does that make the bid sandy standings look like?
CougarBabe Wrote:LCC Cougars upset the Hazard Bulldogs today in a hard fought 28-22 barnburner!!! The Cougars looked really good and played hard. Nick Mullins #14 played an outstanding game along with many others!!!

Congratulations are also in order for these two young men!!!
Houston Watts Offensive MVP
Keith Boggs Defensive MVP

Cougars are now on the bus heading to the Shelby Valley Bowl where they will face Pike Central. Long day for the Cougars!!! Good luck!!!! :thumpsup:

Dont these kids start on the varsity team?
Congrats Cougars!
If this was jv it should have been posted in the high school football section.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:If this was jv it should have been posted in the high school football section.

It isn't the High School J.V. team your thinking about.

Letcher County Central has a 7th grade and 8th grade team. They refer to there 7th grade team as the Junior Varsity Team. And the 8th grade team as the Varsity Team.
These boys do play on varsity. None of them start on varsity. Same kids that scrimmaged against you the other night.
I see. Congrats again on your win! Hazard is a good team! Your boys are tough players! Was very impressed with them.
Good job Letcher. You played a good game. Hazard looked flat for about 3 quarters, woke up in the 4th, but it was too late. Bulldogs definitely did not play their best game. I hope they can rebound from this.
Big win
MisterPerfect Wrote:It isn't the High School J.V. team your thinking about.

Letcher County Central has a 7th grade and 8th grade team. They refer to there 7th grade team as the Junior Varsity Team. And the 8th grade team as the Varsity Team.

How many 7th graders get quality playing time on this JV team?
There are about 9 7th graders and the rest are non-starting 8th graders. I am not going to allow any of the major varsity subs to play against your 7th grade team when we play.
I have told Jamie Howell that I will not let any player that plays quality time in the varisty games to play against Johnson Central's 7th grade team. I wish we had enough 7th graders to play a straight up 7th grade schedule but we only have 9 of them.