Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic vs. Bowling Green
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone know how this game went? I think both teams were undefeated going in. I would expect both teams to make the playoffs so this is some what of a preview of what is to come.
Barrel,

Made a call and found out the results:

7th Grade
BGMS- 24
LexCath- 16

8th Grade
BGMS- 58
LexCath- 0
7th grade game was a very good game with BG jumping ahead and LC catching up.

In the 8th grade game LC took in on the chin figuratively and literally. It was all BGJH from the opening kickoff. At half time two LC players went to the hospital next door. Josh Mesmer, tight end and linebacker, got 15 stitches in the chin after a facemask got under his chin strap. He is out for at least 2 weeks. So the reunion of Kentucky's 7th grade FBU bowl representatives (Mesmer, Noah Mitchell and Tyler Jopes) was a rough one.

Last years KYMSFA 7th grade state champions look poised to make the trip to Lexington in November for the finals. Tyler Jopes was the East MVP at the FBU All-American Bowl in San Antonio in January and he has a lot of help and the team looks well coached.
Hope a quick recovery to those that got banged up. I completely expect Bowling Green to be playing in the finals. Shelby West and Bowling Green would be an interesting game. That is one of the great things about having the playoff system now. Those types of games could happen.
barrel Wrote:Hope a quick recovery to those that got banged up. I completely expect Bowling Green to be playing in the finals. Shelby West and Bowling Green would be an interesting game. That is one of the great things about having the playoff system now. Those types of games could happen.

Bowling Green has no equal in the state of KY. They would beat Shelby West or anybody else who thinks they have a chance by 40 pts. Not exagerating a bit. LexCath is better than most teams (probably a top 10 or top 20) and Bowling Green could of beaten them by 80 if they kept their 1st string in the entire game and didn't have a running clock the entire 2nd half. Shelby West may be a top 5 team in the state but they still have no chance of competing with Bowling Green this year.

I have said all season that Bowling Green is unbeatable and no matter what anybody says, (including Moss Middle school who plays them Tuesday I hear)
everyone else is playing for 2nd place.:igiveup:
No equal is a bold statement. I know they will not play in the playoffs but I do know the Catholic League in Louisville has some very good teams. These are the teams that feed Trinity, St X and the like.

Good luck to BG on the season. They feed a very good HS program and I would expect nothing short of what they have been able to do so far.
knighted Wrote:Bowling Green has no equal in the state of KY. They would beat Shelby West or anybody else who thinks they have a chance by 40 pts. Not exagerating a bit. LexCath is better than most teams (probably a top 10 or top 20) and Bowling Green could of beaten them by 80 if they kept their 1st string in the entire game and didn't have a running clock the entire 2nd half. Shelby West may be a top 5 team in the state but they still have no chance of competing with Bowling Green this year.

I have said all season that Bowling Green is unbeatable and no matter what anybody says, (including Moss Middle school who plays them Tuesday I hear)
everyone else is playing for 2nd place.:igiveup:

You're probably right, but I would have liked to have seen them play Glasgow (7-0) this year. Glasgow can match their speed and depth. But with the new division system for the state championship this year, any possiblity of a game appears to be non-existant. Guess we'll have to wait for the freshman game next year.
Is Glasgow a DII school for the middle school playoffs? If so then I guess that means Glasgow should have a good shot at the DII title for 8th grade.
barrel Wrote:Is Glasgow a DII school for the middle school playoffs? If so then I guess that means Glasgow should have a good shot at the DII title for 8th grade.

According to what we have been told, we're considered a DII school. The total enrollment for the entire 8th grade is 165 with about half of those being boys. According to KYMSFA a male enrollment of less than 175 students is considered DII. As far as having a "good shot" to win it all, that remains to be seen. We're 7-0 so far this season and this class is exceptional by local standards. But, I'm sure there are other exceptional classes in the state as well. Looking forward to a challenging post season.
barrel Wrote:No equal is a bold statement. I know they will not play in the playoffs but I do know the Catholic League in Louisville has some very good teams. These are the teams that feed Trinity, St X and the like.

Good luck to BG on the season. They feed a very good HS program and I would expect nothing short of what they have been able to do so far.

Those teams in Louisville do feed into ST. X and Trinity but they are not what you might think. They have a weight limit of 135 lbs. in their back field. I cant understand how they develope the big quarterbacks like Brohmn and so forth but it evidently works when they all come together as freshman. My nephew played on a middle school team 2 years ago and made it to the semi finals and they were not impressive when comparing them to other middle schools around the state.

I can sit here and keep telling you how good BG is but until you see them play you wont get what i'm saying. Glasglow may be a very good team but BG is just in a different league all together.

P. S. I was saying this before BG pounded LexCath 58-0.
Glasgow is a VERY good team this year. They came to Corbin and had Corbin on the ropes 14-8 in the 4th quarter before the game was called . I know they have size and speed, but the speed and physicalness of that Bowling Green team is on another level than most all other teams. Im not going to say that Glasgow couldn't play with them but I've watched both teams play and I think their is a decent gap in talent between the two. And as far as that goes there is a gap between BG and the rest of the state.
11hdcp Wrote:According to what we have been told, we're considered a DII school. The total enrollment for the entire 8th grade is 165 with about half of those being boys. According to KYMSFA a male enrollment of less than 175 students is considered DII. As far as having a "good shot" to win it all, that remains to be seen. We're 7-0 so far this season and this class is exceptional by local standards. But, I'm sure there are other exceptional classes in the state as well. Looking forward to a challenging post season.

It is 175 male enrollment for the school or at the min the male enrollment of the 7th and 8th grade. Glasgow may still be a DII school if your 7th grade number are close to your 8th grade. That would make you a large DII school. It would be interesting to see the schools that are in the KYMSFA and their numbers. I know you can look it up if you know all the schools.

I completely believe everyone talking about how good BG is. I do not question that at all. MS football is just a little bit different in that it does not get the exposure that HS ball does so it is difficult to know if there is a school out there. I am sure there were some very good MS teams over the years that little to no one knew about past the teams that played them.

Now the Toy Bowl group is much like the Boone Co league in many ways. I believe with the Louisville league they have a weigh in early and after that the kid can gain as much weight as he wants. I know also in many of these league you can be get on those scales with as little as you need. 135 is not huge but it is not tiny either. I know the groups that went through the league last year were suppose to be some of the best talent wise in a few years. It is one reason the people at Trinity are talking about how good the freshman group will be.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Glasgow is a VERY good team this year. They came to Corbin and had Corbin on the ropes 14-8 in the 4th quarter before the game was called . I know they have size and speed, but the speed and physicality's of that Bowling Green team is on another level than most all other teams. Im not going to say that Glasgow couldn't play with them but I've watched both teams play and I think their is a decent gap in talent between the two. And as far as that goes there is a gap between BG and the rest of the state.

If Glasglow was beating Corbin in the 4th quarter then they are a very good team; but as Knighted and GoBigBlue82 have said........ Bowling Green is in their own league. Probably their closest competition might be their own 2nd team. Not joking. Their 2nd team backfield is better than most I've seen this year.:worthy:
This gets me pumped up and wanting to play Bowling Green... We(Shelby West) played them two years ago in a Bowl game down past E-Town and they beat us on a late touchdown in the 4th quarter..... That's the kind of games that you live for as a coach wanting to play the best in the state....
Navajo4life Wrote:This gets me pumped up and wanting to play Bowling Green... We(Shelby West) played them two years ago in a Bowl game down past E-Town and they beat us on a late touchdown in the 4th quarter..... That's the kind of games that you live for as a coach wanting to play the best in the state....

I hope u get the chance to play BG Navajo and I sincerely hope u guys would beat them. You just have to play them to see what a unique group of kids they have this year. Who knows you might even give them a good game.

But if I was putting out a prediction it would be Bowling Green 48 Shelby West 12. Not trying to discard Shelby West cause you guys are the 2nd best team we have played this year and I know no other team that has played BG and Shelby West but us. Good luck!
I do appreciate that... I just hope that we get the opportunity to play them, it makes for great middle school games... Bowling Green is always going to be good and they have a great high school program with some tremendous athletes...
Im just gonna say Bowling Green better be ready to play if they come and play in lexington in november.
Anything can happen.
Does anyone know the Playoff brackets?
Bowling Green isnt undefeated they lost to Moss Middle
The winner of West vs Henry Co will play Lexington Catholic (who some how got a bye out of the first round even though Anderson Co has not lost and West has lost 1 game).
No, we're going down to Elizabethtown to play Bluegrass Middle on October 21
Lexington Catholic has lost games, but West did not get a bye!! I don't know who Anderson plays in the 1st round...
Well speaking for the runner ups last year, We had our very talented running back in the hospital, which he went down during the conference playoffs. But talking to our coaches Bowling green is truly in a class of their own! Glasgow, Bad news for you... IF.. we win conference Corbin that is, We will play you all in the first round! Not like last time, we are healthy! Hopefully no one gets hurt so we can see the real out come of the game. GO HOUNDS!! REMATCH OF BOWLING GREEN... DONT FORGET CORBIN WE ARE COMMING HEALTHY!!!!
Corbin has to travel all the way to Glasgow to play a game in the 1st round of the playoffs?
Well who has an up to date bracket? It seems now Henry Co is playing Lexington Catholic in the first round with the winner playing the winner of the Grant Co/Anderson Co game. It appears they have moved Shelby West over to a completely different side of the brackets (the West).
Henry county wont be able to handle lex cath with their passing attack and talented running core:flame:
No we get a first round bye, if we win conference. Thats for sure! Have you all heard about them taking 1st and 2nd seeded teams to state playoffs?
Are you guys all ready conference champs?
We have moved to an entire different side of a bracket.... We travel down towards Elizabethtown to play Bluegrass Middle.... Anyone know anything about them?
Superstar8 Wrote:Bowling Green isnt undefeated they lost to Moss Middle

That is incorrect. Bowling Green was leading 40-0 at halftime when I left. I don't know the final score, but I do know that BG won the game.
Pages: 1 2