Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: College Pick 'Em
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it possible to have a college pickem?
Do you mean a "Bluegrass Rivals College Pick Em' Tournament"? I suppose. Sounds like a good idea if the Bluegrass Rivals staff are willing. They would have to choose a limited number of games each week out of the many, many college football games.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Do you mean a "Bluegrass Rivals College Pick Em' Tournament"? I suppose. Sounds like a good idea if the Bluegrass Rivals staff are willing. They would have to choose a limited number of games each week out of the many, many college football games.

Yes it sounds extremely fun, a certain amount of games would be very nice, as long as uk is in all of them
You are welcome to do your own thread if you like. There was one done last year not ran by BGR administrators. Jump to it! :Thumbs:
i work 4 days a weeks and school 3 others i could say i would keep it up to dat ebut i dont think i would
I'll be glad to help. I'm busy most of the time myself, but if I can help with anything, just ask.
I can give you a hand in it to if you would like i can pick some games for this week
See, great job guys. It does take a tremendous amount of dedication, but it looks like there is enough help to make it work. Worst case, a week might get missed or results are tallied late, no big deal.

Great job guy's.
Is this a good plan?

Wildcatk23 - Can set up the thread.
CardinalAlum - Can choose the college games for this week.
Deathstar 80 - Can count the scores each week and for standings each week.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Is this a good plan?

Wildcatk23 - Can set up the thread.
CardinalAlum - Can choose the college games for this week.
Deathstar 80 - Can count the scores each week and for standings each week.

Sounds good to me how many game we gonna do 10 and a game of the week?
Great work guys. I look forward to it
sounds good to me I can help out too
sounds great guys, yea thats cool but i want to pick atleast one game lol, what ould be the best way for us to talk about this, thevill, any help would be nice
Ive posted this weeks games as i got bored at work but ill let you guys get next weeks games if thats cool
Should we have a "Game of the Week"? Also, how are we going to tell people? We could make a message in our signature.

TheVille, if CardinalAlum is just going to be able to get this week's games only, you could maybe help with the weeks after. Or, if you wanted to, you could help me with the weekly scores or the overall standings for each week.
this will definately be fun,
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Should we have a "Game of the Week"? Also, how are we going to tell people? We could make a message in our signature.

TheVille, if CardinalAlum is just going to be able to get this week's games only, you could maybe help with the weeks after. Or, if you wanted to, you could help me with the weekly scores or the overall standings for each week.

Ill be able to do the games each week i was just saying if you all want a imput and want a certain game on the list let me know.
Sounds good to me. i can help too
I know we've already started, but let's organize. We have five people who are willing to help (Wildcatk23, TheVille, CardinalAlum, Strikeout King, and Deathstar 80).

Managing the thread - I think Wildcatk23 should be this person since he came up with the idea and he's familiar with the website.
Finding the college games - (I think it will be CardinalAlum)
Collecting weekly scores - ?
Counting overall scores - ?
Reserve (This person should be someone who can replace someone if that person happened to be too busy, be on vacation, etc. In the meantime, the reserve can help monitor the thread and report to Wildcatk23.) - ?

If I've left a job out, just post the job in this thread. This is just a plan I made up. It's not final. If you don't like the way I've set this up, go ahead and post how you think it should be set up.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I know we've already started, but let's organize. We have five people who are willing to help (Wildcatk23, TheVille, CardinalAlum, Strikeout King, and Deathstar 80).

Managing the thread - I think Wildcatk23 should be this person since he came up with the idea and he's familiar with the website.
Finding the college games - (I think it will be CardinalAlum)
Collecting weekly scores - ?
Counting overall scores - ?
Reserve (This person should be someone who can replace someone if that person happened to be too busy, be on vacation, etc. In the meantime, the reserve can help monitor the thread and report to Wildcatk23.) - ?

If I've left a job out, just post the job in this thread. This is just a plan I made up. It's not final. If you don't like the way I've set this up, go ahead and post how you think it should be set up.

The easiest way to keep up with the scoring is using the spreadsheet in the office works
CardinalAlum Wrote:The easiest way to keep up with the scoring is using the spreadsheet in the office works

I can use Microsoft Excel. Should I keep up with overall standings?
Well if I help I dont want it to be like the College Basketball..Some team we have never heard of then one team we watched play....pick teams people have watched...Sure some games like that but not 9 out of 10
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I can use Microsoft Excel. Should I keep up with overall standings?

Yes you can do it if you want i have access to it to and if something comes up and you cant do it one week i can fill it out.
theVILLE Wrote:Well if I help I dont want it to be like the College Basketball..Some team we have never heard of then one team we watched play....pick teams people have watched...Sure some games like that but not 9 out of 10

I tried to pick games with most of the top 25 teams in them and some without.
CardinalAlum Wrote:I tried to pick games with most of the top 25 teams in them and some without.

Just to give you a tiny piece of advice, you might want to include important UK and U of L games (even if they're not the best programs in the nation right now). This is because, as you probably know already, a lot of people keep up with them around here.

By the way, great choice of games this week! (Definitely the Game of the Week!)

I guess I'll go ahead and keep up with overall points. Who's going to count how many points each person gets for each individual week? This might take two people (I imagine it will take a long time). You can maybe split the number of pages. Such as if there are 4 pages, one person can regularly get the first half (first 2 pages) and the other can regularly get the second half (last 2 pages). If there's an odd number of pages, the first person could regularly get the extra page. I imagine this will be a pretty hard job; therefore, if anyone wants to trade jobs with me so I can get this job, I'm able and willing to. Also, the two people who count how many points each person gets for each individual week can e-mail each week the person keeping up with the overall score.
what can i do to help?
I hope you guys don't mind, but for the sake of organization, I'll go ahead and put you in your jobs.

Manager - Wildcatk23
Game chooser - CardinalAlum
1st person to tally up weekly scores - Deathstar 80
2nd person to tally up weekly scores - TheVille
Keeper of overall scores (and who will post weekly and overall scores each week) - Strikeout Kind (Just curious, do you know how to use Microsoft Excel?)

The way these jobs work are:
Manager will moderate topic and makes sure everything is working correctly.
Game chooser will chose 10 games and a GOW and will post it every week.
1st tally person will count up scores for the first half posts of pages (and with an odd number of pages in the topic, this person will also get the extra page).
2nd tally person will count up scores for the second half posts of pages.
Keeper of overall scores will keep up with overall scores (recommended to use Microsoft Excel to organize) and will post or send to someone else the weekly overall scores (that they received from the 1st and 2nd tally people) and the total overall scores for that week.

These are the jobs for now. If you have any problems or would just want to discuss something, pm me or Wildcatk23.
Sounds Great
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I hope you guys don't mind, but for the sake of organization, I'll go ahead and put you in your jobs.

Manager - Wildcatk23
Game chooser - CardinalAlum
1st person to tally up weekly scores - Deathstar 80
2nd person to tally up weekly scores - TheVille
Keeper of overall scores (and who will post weekly and overall scores each week) - Strikeout Kind (Just curious, do you know how to use Microsoft Excel?)

The way these jobs work are:
Manager will moderate topic and makes sure everything is working correctly.
Game chooser will chose 10 games and a GOW and will post it every week.
1st tally person will count up scores for the first half posts of pages (and with an odd number of pages in the topic, this person will also get the extra page).
2nd tally person will count up scores for the second half posts of pages.
Keeper of overall scores will keep up with overall scores (recommended to use Microsoft Excel to organize) and will post or send to someone else the weekly overall scores (that they received from the 1st and 2nd tally people) and the total overall scores for that week.

These are the jobs for now. If you have any problems or would just want to discuss something, pm me or Wildcatk23.

no not really. ive never used Microsoft Excel
Strikeout King Wrote:no not really. ive never used Microsoft Excel

i could easily show u
Pages: 1 2