Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #14 Boise St. 19 #16 Oregon 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Boise is looking good...how yall like that punch at the end of the game?? haha.
That was a pretty rough cheap shot by Oregon's Blount at the end of the game. The Boise State player was taunting him for sure, but there was no call for that punch. Im curious as to what his punishment is going to be. A one game suspension is almost a given IMO.
Gosh I hate to watch a game on the smurf turf! Pretty good game overall though...Boise shutdown Oregon's offense and am shocked on how low scoring it was!!
no suprise at who won, but really not impressed with either team at this point right now...Yes both defenses played fairly well...but this game was plagued with mistake after mistake after mistake...now I know I know its only the first game of the season however both of this teams were ranked extremly high and you dont see a Flordia and such making these mistakes OVER AND OVER, both teams will improve throughout the season however and we will look back at this game and the offenses will not look the same...Congrats Boise State, tough loss for the Ducks as they had MANY MANY chances to get back in this one and just couldnt take advantage of Boise States mistakes, like wise on Boise's side with the oppurtunity to put the game away...

By the way yes it was uncalled for but dang that was a nice right lol...just absolutley dropped Hout
vundy33 Wrote:Boise is looking good...how yall like that punch at the end of the game?? haha.

It was the only puch that Oregon through after claiming they were going to "Beat Down" Boise....
love the smurf turf, but the punch at the end, lets just say that hout wont be taunting anyone for awhile, when a team has just lost emotions run high, let the team walk off the field, dont get in there grill and smack the shoulder pads, IMO, My opinion only he got what he asked for, everything that happened afterwards was just a horriable aftermath and someone should have chilled Blounts crap,.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:love the smurf turf, but the punch at the end, lets just say that hout wont be taunting anyone for awhile, when a team has just lost emotions run high, let the team walk off the field, dont get in there grill and smack the shoulder pads, IMO, My opinion only he got what he asked for, everything that happened afterwards was just a horriable aftermath and someone should have chilled Blounts crap,.

Hout was probably just asking him where the "A** Whoopin'" he had promised Boise was lastnight.
Oregon's RB Garrett, needs to be suspended for atleast two games IMO. Not only for getting into it with a Boise State player but he also nearly caused a mini riot with the fans.

As for the game, only seen highlights because I fell asleep during the SC/NC State game. But Boise State looks like another BCS contender again this season.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Oregon's RB Garrett, needs to be suspended for atleast two games IMO. Not only for getting into it with a Boise State player but he also nearly caused a mini riot with the fans.

As for the game, only seen highlights because I fell asleep during the SC/NC State game. But Boise State looks like another BCS contender again this season.

LOL...I slept fell asleep before the national championship last year and slept through the whole thing.
The part of the punch which bothered me the most was the way that he stood there flexing and running his jaws after sucker punching the dude. Straight up thuggery at it's finest.
i dont think boise is as good as they have been in the past...other than this game.they play nobodys
it was an great game til the oregon player start what he had done
I didn't have a problem with the punch. I bet the Boise state player will think twice before he pulls it again. He knocked that goofy look right off his face. I think if Oregon suspends Blount that Boise St. should have to suspend their player the same amount of time and that my honest opinion. The guy should have never instigated it, imo that was worse than the actual crime.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0kk-LQ5IgI"]YouTube - Oregon's LeGarrette Blount Punches Boise State Player and Words of Wisdom from Apollo Creed[/ame]
Warriors23RJ Wrote:I didn't have a problem with the punch. I bet the Boise state player will think twice before he pulls it again. He knocked that goofy look right off his face. I think if Oregon suspends Blount that Boise St. should have to suspend their player the same amount of time and that my honest opinion. The guy should have never instigated it, imo that was worse than the actual crime.

Trash talking takes place in every sporting event throughout the the world. How players handle themselves tells exactly what type of person that player is. Talking trash back is fine, but punching someone in the face is totally uncalled for. While I agree the instigator should be punished as well, but Blount not only punched that Boise State player he also had to be restrained from getting into with the Boise fans. He showed not once, but twice within' a matter of minutes that he is a huge liability.

Blount's actions should get him a two game suspension, maybe more.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Trash talking takes place in every sporting event throughout the the world. How players handle themselves tells exactly what type of person that player is. Talking trash back is fine, but punching someone in the face is totally uncalled for. While I agree the instigator should be punished as well, but Blount not only punched that Boise State player he also had to be restrained from getting into with the Boise fans. He showed not once, but twice within' a matter of minutes that he is a huge liability.

Blount's actions should get him a two game suspension, maybe more.
I agree to a certain extent and you made some good points in your post. But the Boise Player should have just enjoyed his teams victory and kept his hand off Blount. I think when the guy punched his shoulder pads is what set Blount off more so than the trash talking.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:I agree to a certain extent and you made some good points in your post. But the Boise Player should have just enjoyed his teams victory and kept his hand off Blount. I think when the guy punched his shoulder pads is what set Blount off more so than the trash talking.

Looked like the Boise State player tapped him on the shoulder, not punch.
Check this out, Blount punches his own teammate as well. Kid is a straight up thug!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g3Sgjt6wKk&feature=related"]YouTube - Legarrette Blount Punches Opposing Player. Boise State Broncos vs Oregon Ducks.[/ame]
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Looked like the Boise State player tapped him on the shoulder, not punch.
Well it was a hard agressive tap which could have been mistaken as a punch by the opposing player.
Blount should be kicked off the team, not suspended. He was suspended earlier in the year for mis-conduct, this guy already had his 2nd chance and he blew it!
Warriors23RJ Wrote:I didn't have a problem with the punch. I bet the Boise state player will think twice before he pulls it again. He knocked that goofy look right off his face. I think if Oregon suspends Blount that Boise St. should have to suspend their player the same amount of time and that my honest opinion. The guy should have never instigated it, imo that was worse than the actual crime.

At first you might think that Hout had it coming, but look a little deeper and you find out that Blount had been running his mouth as well. In fact he had promised Boise an ***-whooping. Like someone else said, maybe Hout just asked what happened to said whooping?

In any event, no matter what was said, you don't respond with a punch. No excuses.
More Cowbell Wrote:At first you might think that Hout had it coming, but look a little deeper and you find out that Blount had been running his mouth as well. In fact he had promised Boise an ***-whooping. Like someone else said, maybe Hout just asked what happened to said whooping?

In any event, no matter what was said, you don't respond with a punch. No excuses.

yea trash talking is fine but he smacked his shoulder pads, being the instigator is just as bad, but what blount did afterwards was crazy
I'm trying to read Hout's lips and I'm pretty sure he is asking him about that A** whoopin...anyone else agree?