Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 8th Grade Football Players in the State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I would like to know about other parts of the state. There are a couple of fantastic 8th graders playing frosh ball at Highlands this year.

Nick True 6'5 215 lb TE is a stud and could eventually be turned into an All State Tackle at the Varsity level.

Logan Schweitzer 5'11 230lbs ??? OL is another stud who transferred in this year from Campbell Co and is starting on the Frosh squad.

Who else is out there in this class?
Zach Gound QB at JCMS will help lead Johnson County to state. He is a true leader that has the brains and the moves to keep all defenses on their heels. He respects the other players and the respect is mutual. He will do anything for his team mates and they for him. This is a true team that you will have to fear and respect all the way through high school. Get ready for the next five years of Johonson County domination.
#32 tim may for the belfry 8th grade a top player on both sides of the ball, he is so good on d the coaches dont know where to put him, the only spot he hasnt been this year is corner, during the lcc game i thought there was 4 #32s on the field, he was everywhere. lcc o-line probably weighs well ovr 1000 lbs, he had the entire o-line frusrated, at fullback spot he runs north and south only, if you tackle him you soon learn there is a price to payed for doing it
I want to throw this in there before this thread gets longer (and I may add it again later if this gets bigger), but all of these 8th graders will be missing out on participating in the first ever Kentucky Middle School East v/s West All Star game if their respective programs are not a member of the Kentucky Middle School Football Association.

Also, the KMSFA sent 13 players to San Antonio, TX last year to play in the Alamodome in the FBU All-American game. Talk about an even that will last a lifetime?

If your coach doesn't know about the KMSFA, please have them email us. Membership is only $50 annually, and there are a TON of benefits (state playoffs, clinics, combines, 7 on 7s, free team website/stat calculator, etc.).

The KMSFA is all about improving football at this level for ALL teams across the state.

Applications for membership for 2009 will close on September 15th.

Go to http://www.kymiddleschoolfootball.com or feel free to email me privately for more information as well.
Amazing.
There are alot of great 8th grade players this year in Floyd Co. However, two of the best would be Tyler Keens from Adams who does everthing on both sides of the ball and has an unstoppable motor, and Dillon Hamilton from Betsy Layne who is definitely one of the best young quaterbacks to come out of the mountains in a long time. And from watching them play over the past few years they both seem very humble, plus they are great leaders and teamates.
if you want to see two of the greatest young men as well as student atheletes 4.0 come to hazard tuesday night and watch dylan hamilton #8 and chase hall #21 for betsy layne these two young men are 3 sport stars and as humble as they come they are the future for a high school team and community that is starving for a winner!
Chase Hall # 21 from BL is looking pretty good on both sides again this year. That kid gives it 100%.
qryche11 Wrote:I would like to know about other parts of the state. There are a couple of fantastic 8th graders playing frosh ball at Highlands this year.

Nick True 6'5 215 lb TE is a stud and could eventually be turned into an All State Tackle at the Varsity level.

Logan Schweitzer 5'11 230lbs ??? OL is another stud who transferred in this year from Campbell Co and is starting on the Frosh squad.

Who else is out there in this class?
Do you mean TYLER Schweitzer? 5'11 220 transfer from CC.
PRATER HELTON at Paintsville,LB hits hard@fast for a big guy.
A follow-up to my last post: As I stated earlier, there are a lot of great 8th grade players in Floyd County this year. Two more players very worthy of mention would be Chase Hall from Betsy Layne who is also very talented going both ways and the new quarterback from Adams Grant Anderson. I've watched Chase for years and he is always impressive. But, when I watched the Anderson kid he blew me away because he played with such HEART. I can't wait to watch how all these players progress when they go to high school. Would'nt it be something if all this talent went to one high school.:1:
P.S. What is the status of the Thornsberry kid that transferred from South Floyd to Allen Central?
Tom Deters 8th grader at Gray Middle School starting for Ryle Frosh.
I believe Kody Arnett , Brandon Jones , and one of the Harris boys #24 have proven to be the best running backs the 8th grade has seen and also their linesmen block great and the QB does his job its a true team effort and their record is speaking for its self!! GO DAWGS
Ashlands verity middle school has a couple of extremly talented game changers ,8th grade #10 Arron Elam qb/lb 5'10 170lb unbelieveable arm an runner looks like a man among boys! #5 Mikey Calahan tb/lb about 5'6 150 anybody who played verity seventh grade saw him last year, he broke his arm the game before lex cath, in the middle school playoffs. He missed the first two games this year living with his mom in Columbus oh. But he's here for good now anybody gets the chance to see these two young men should definetly do it you will not regret getting to see these two, actually the whole team they are something to watch solid both sides of the ball!

On the seventh grade team there is one you should check out #32 Josh vaughn tb/c. Well worth watching very solid team both sides ball!
justin johnson #28 belfry 8th grade he is an amazing football player u will not catch him once he breaks through... absolutley amazing he will be a great asset to our high school team next year
timmy may #32 at belfry is not the biggest or fastest, on a team loaded with talent,he is the most exciting to watch, a 135 lb fullback and looks like he was carved out of granite, plays with heart
I couldn't agree more with ballerfan 1 what if Floyd County had all these great players and facility to match (et al Johnson Central) what a great place this would be to go and watch a game and watch our top athletes compete. Let's get the push started for the new north floyd now.
Dalton Sizemore the QB from Whitley County Middle.
Beechwood starts a few 8th graders. Mitch Thomas QB, Carter Burns and a few others.
FLOP Wrote:Beechwood starts a few 8th graders. Mitch Thomas QB, Carter Burns and a few others.

Beechwood starts an 8th grader at quarterback on the high school team?
:Thumbs:
Jughead07 Wrote:Dalton Sizemore the QB from Whitley County Middle.
knighted Wrote:Beechwood starts an 8th grader at quarterback on the high school team?
8th graders cannot play varsity! Beechwood starts some 8th graders on the freshman team. Those mentioned above plus Trey Hicks, Luke Maricle and David Allen.:please:
definitly belfrys QB #3 he has a cannon arm an hes fast....he play safety too and hits hard
#8 QB Zach Gound partners with the rest of his team to defeat Letcher County last night in Letcher. JCMS goes to #1 in the mountains!
Jonathan Gist #22 RB for KCMS is a great talent as well as Robbie Williams #9 WR/CB, one of the best shut down corners I've seen and amazing hands the best tackler on the team as well. The offense doesnt pass much so he is under used on offense.
I know this thread is for 8th grade talent but Lexington Catholic has a 6'1"
7th grade quarterback that starts for their 8th grade team and he is fun to watch. I watched him complete 14 passes for a little over 200 yds and 3 TD passes against our Grant Co. 8th grade team last week. 3 days later Lexington Catholic played East Oldham at Grant Co. and again I watched him complete another 13 passes for 170 yds. This kid has the poise and size of a high schooler and when they put him in at quarterback in the 7th grade game,(after an injury to the 7th grade team quarterback) he looked way out of place as he threw the ball over 50 yds thru the air.

He will be interesting to watch next year for sure. I don,t know his name, just his #13.
boy wouldnt that be nice...
i would look out for Knox county middle school this year. there an up and coming program and led by two of the best players in the state. Johnathan Gist the RB #22 is a great runner with speed like lighting. If he gets to the outside then he is usually gone, but if u get in his way he isn't afraid to lower his shoulder and plow through someone. Robbie Williams is another great athlete he plays CB/WR #9 if you throw the ball any where near him then you should get ready to make a tackle because he has great hands matched with elusiveness and great vision. Look out for KCMS great team all-around.
I must agree Johnathan gist is a fabulous Player and once he gets outside hes gone and if u get in his way u might as well sit down because he will lower his shoulder :HitWall: I am #9 so im not going to talk about myself But Dalton sizemore i don't know him personally but i have played against him and i would still take My QB #5 Mathew Barger any day he might only be in 7th but he will be a great threat for the panthers next year...
DJ Stone RB from Jackson Co. Ask Meece, Middlesboro, and Pinevile. He ran for over 220 yards on each of them. And guys hes only a 7th grader but only ran on the 8th grade team cause of all the great running backs on the 7th grade team.....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12