Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky Releases Depth-Chart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quarterback
Mike Hartline
Will Fidler
Ryan Mossakowski (Tie)
Morgan Newton (Tie)

Running Back

Alfonso Smith
Derrick Locke
Moncell Allen

Fullback

John Connor
AJ Nance

Wide Receiver

Randall Cobb
Kyrus Lanxter
Matt Roark
Eric Adeyemi

Wide Receiver

Chris Matthews
Gene McCaskill
LaRod King

Tight End

Ross Bogue
TC Drake
Maurice Grinter

Center

Marcus Davis
Matt Smith

Left Guard

Christian Johnson
Jake Lanefski
Sean Stackhouse

Right Guard

Stuart Hines
Larry Warford
Osaze Idumwonyi

Left Tackle

Zipp Duncan
Billy Joe Murphy
Trevino Woods

Right Tackle

Justin Jeffries .
Brad Durham
Dave Ulinski

Defensive End

Collins Ukwu
Chandler Burden
Patrick Ligon

Defensive End

DeQuin Evans
Taylor Wyndham
Greg Meisner

Defensive Tackle

Ricky Lumpkin
Mark Crawford
Luke McDermott

Defensive Tackle

Corey Peters
Shane McCord
Mister Cobble

Middle Linebacker

Micah Johnson
Ronnie Sneed
Mikhail Mabry

Strongside Linebacker

Sam Maxwell
Jacob Dufrene
Ridge Wilson

Weakside Linebacker

Danny Trevathan
Wiliam Johnson
Brandon Thurmond

Cornerback

Trevard Lindley
Martavius Neloms
Daryl Faulkner

Cornerback

Paul Warford
Randall Burden
Cartier Rice .
Anthony Mosley

Strong Safety

Calvin Harrison
Matt Lentz .
Greg Wilson

Free Safety

Winston Guy
Taiedo Smith
Ashton Cobb

Punter

Ryan Tydlacka 6-1 205 So.

Kicker

Lones Seiber
Ryan Tydlacka

Holder

Randall Cobb
Tyler Sargent .

Kick Returner

Winston Guy
Derrick Locke .
Alfonso Smith
Moncell Allen

Punt Returner
Randall Cobb
Eugene McCaskill
Eric Adeyemi
I approve the depth chart! Coach Brooks has once again done a great job! :thumpsup:
Looks good on paper. Hopefully this year we pull a major upset. Beat Vols or Gators!
I think it looks nice however I have a few questions, such as at WR why is the JR College transfer so far down when we have heard nothing but GREAT GREAT things out of him, where are the two freshman RBs, I really dont think Newtown nor Big M should be tied for 3rd for QB but thats just my opinon, and IMO Lentz is our best option at safety..but heck well see come SATURDAY see everyone there who goes as I said stop by!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CATS
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I think it looks nice however I have a few questions, such as at WR why is the JR College transfer so far down when we have heard nothing but GREAT GREAT things out of him, where are the two freshman RBs, I really dont think Newtown nor Big M should be tied for 3rd for QB but thats just my opinon, and IMO Lentz is our best option at safety..but heck well see come SATURDAY see everyone there who goes as I said stop by!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CATS

So far down? Did you read the most recent Rivals article on him? He has been taking alot of #1 WR reps along with Cobb. He and Cobb are the guaranteed WR starters so he is actually the #1/#2 WR with Cobb (more or less interchangeable IMO). Matthews will ultimately become #1 WR IMO by the end of the season based on all the skills he possesses. Nothing against Cobb at all, Matthews just has all the same skills as he has but he is just a little taller and thus is a matchup problem with alot of the defensive secondary.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:So far down? Did you read the most recent Rivals article on him? He has been taking alot of #1 WR reps along with Cobb. He and Cobb are the guaranteed WR starters so he is actually the #1/#2 WR with Cobb (more or less interchangeable IMO). Matthews will ultimately become #1 WR IMO by the end of the season based on all the skills he possesses. Nothing against Cobb at all, Matthews just has all the same skills as he has but he is just a little taller and thus is a matchup problem with alot of the defensive secondary.
Just talking about the Depth chart here in which hes 4th
I agree Matthews will be #1 or 2 WR for us this year, Hes kinda like a Randy Moss. Only thing I see surprising is Filder as our #2 QB?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Just talking about the Depth chart here in which hes 4th

No he's not, Matthews is #1/#2 with Randall Cobb. If you're referring to LaRod King he's a true freshman from North Hardin.
I like it. Wish Morgan Newton was #2 though..Heck #1 really..Guess we give Hartline a chance to lose his spot. I like it and agree..Job well done Coach Brooks and company!
The Blue Blur Wrote:No he's not, Matthews is #1/#2 with Randall Cobb. If you're referring to LaRod King he's a true freshman from North Hardin.

sorry I was drinking some Jim Beam last night while looking at that lol...
I heard they got a great defensive tackle from Junior College. Does anyone know who he is?
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I heard they got a great defensive tackle from Junior College. Does anyone know who he is?

You are referring to DeQuin Evans but he is actually a Defensive End and not a Defensive Tackle.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I heard they got a great defensive tackle from Junior College. Does anyone know who he is?

He could also be talking about Mark Crawford.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...ford-88481
who is will fidler?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:who is will fidler?

The backup QB obviously and has been for quite awhile...

I would of argued that last year that he may of should of been starting over Hartline but I think Hartline has finally surpassed him from some of the practices I've seen. Fidler isn't that bad at all...
Will Fidler was a fine qb outta high school.

3 star number 30 qb overall

over 4000 passing yards and 45 tds his jr year.
Are they both the same class?
well they was alot of hype on our frosh QB's but i guess we dont have to worry about one year and done....and if everyone is decent we shouldn't really have to worry about injuires at that position
^ Yeah, looks like Newton was a little overrated. I believe Mossakowski is injured currently.

Looks like Hartline is "the guy" after all, as bad as I hate to say it.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:The backup QB obviously and has been for quite awhile...

I would of argued that last year that he may of should of been starting over Hartline but I think Hartline has finally surpassed him from some of the practices I've seen. Fidler isn't that bad at all...

Really now, ive never seen him play, obviously cobb was the backup QB
So found out from a VERY RELIABLE source come either after the week of practice during the open week or after the 3rd week of practice one of the freshman will get the red shirt, only one not both...They may see limited time in the Miami OH game depending on things are going in the game but as for starting any this season something drastic would have to happen
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:So found out from a VERY RELIABLE source come either after the week of practice during the open week or after the 3rd week of practice one of the freshman will get the red shirt, only one not both...They may see limited time in the Miami OH game depending on things are going in the game but as for starting any this season something drastic would have to happen

And the reshirt could be either Mossakowski or Newton as well becauase there are several ways you can look at it.

Option 1: Redshirting Mossakowski
This would see logical based on the fact Mossakowski is recovering from surgery on his arm from his senior year at high school and he is still not 100% yet. By redshirting him we would be allowing him to rest and recover so as to allow his arm to completely heal. This will also give him another year to get familiar with the playbook and also the personel he will be working with if he ever takes a starting snap at QB for Uk in the future.

Option 2: Redshirting Newton
This is also a possibility because in reality, even though Mossaskowski is on football scholarship, his true future may lay in baseball and so he will have a conflict between the two sports. With Newton the main focus is football so all his time would be devoted to that and improving solely on those skills, unlike Mossakowski. Also by redshirting Newton, it would give him a year to mature and to learn the playbook as well to work with his personel. It would save him a year as well meaning that he would still be a freshman the following year and could potentially start as a redshirt sophomore the following year (assuming Hartline kept his job that is as there would be a possiblity of Newton starting as redshirt freshman). This would allow Newton to work on his passing game as that has been whats lacking in practices. We know he can move with his feet, but needs to improve on the passing game.

By either redshirting one of these players you are looking to the future of the progam (1 or 2 years) where they could possibly and most likely be apart of. In all honesty, I think the best option is Option 2 as I really thinkg Mossakowski's future is in baseball and by redshirting Newton it would give him an extra year to get comfortable and work out the kinks in his game and help improve our chances of winning in the future.

Thoughts on this?
I just wish we had more familiar names...