Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 8th grade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sounds like there doing better than what expected of them this year, already shut out martin county and pcc from what i hear and lcc didnt score in there scimmage,but neither did belfry, but that big improvement from that 7th grade team from last year....way to go boysTongueirateSho
and now they have beaten lcc, keep it up boys
Belfry has a very impressive team. They beat our Cougars in one heck of a defensive game. They have all kinds of speed and they are huge up front. I look for them to make a run at the championship this year but they still have to beat Johnson Central which is the favorite to win it this year. I wish Letcher county was just across the river from West Virginia.
Wow what has happened to LCC? Looks like the Big Sandy is going to have a new champion this year regardless/
They are great this year
they were supppost to play sms but canceled
Odds are looking like Belfry and Johnson Central representing the Large School division team this year. If I can't get my team to develop some sort of an identity and get a little more physical we will not be able to try to repeat. However, if I can get this team to buy into our team first mentality and toughen up just a little we can make some waves and pull an upset or two and find ourselves in that championship game. In other words "don't write us off too quickly" yes we have had a rough start to the season with our county wide flu break-out and an early loss to Belfry but if anyone can rebound we can do it.
lambert #1 Wrote:belfry has a very impressive team. They beat our cougars in one heck of a defensive game. They have all kinds of speed and they are huge up front. I look for them to make a run at the championship this year but they still have to beat johnson central which is the favorite to win it this year. I wish letcher county was just across the river from west virginia.
why
Because they have some real good athletes on the team from West Virginia. I talked to some of the parents of the players on that team and they seemed like real good people. They were also very glad to have the opportunity to play for a good program like Belfry. Didnt' mean anything bad by the comment, just commenting on how fortunate Belfry is to have access to players like that, over here in Letcher County we do not have that luxury.
iI KNOW OF ONE PLAYER FROM WV THAT STARTS ON THE 8TH GRADE TEAM, AND THATS THE BARNES KID, HE DIDNT DRESS THE NIGHT OF THE LCCC GAME, JUSTIN JOHNSON AND CARR LIVE WITHIN A STONES THROW FROM THE SCHOOL, TIMMY MAY IS FROM POND CREEK ALONG WITH ABOUT THREE OFF THE FRONT SEVEN, PONDCREEK IS THE BACKBONE AND LIFES BLOOD OF BELFRY FOOTBALL, ALWAYS HAS BEEN, ALWAYS WILL BE. BEARMEAT VIPPERMAN, RICK KESTNER UK ALL AMERICAN, JAMES RAMEY, PLAYED IN THE NFL, JIM MATNEY, SHELDON CLARK COACH, AND ABOUT A HALF DOZEN STARTERS ON VARSITY ALL TRUE POND CREEKERS