Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Aaron Boyd Redshirted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
per Alan Cutler.

Good idea IMO.
Thats what he needed. He needs to do something about that speed. Or move it to Tight end.
i think it may be time to cut him if he shows no improvement during this red shirt season
No no no. DO not cut the kid. Move him to TE.
I don't think speed is an issue. Last season he just couldn't get the plays down. He has the body of an all-SEC caliber player, but the mind of a middle school football player. He will end up getting kicked off the team IMO. He isn't good for the locker room from what I've read and his work ethic is terrible.

Hope he turns things around and becomes a great receiver!
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:No no no. DO not cut the kid. Move him to TE.

if he doesnt begin showing improvement you have to PTB, he has not shown anything nor improvement, he has kind over been a "diva" WR since he got on to campus. I mean I dont want to see him cut, but sometimes you have to make room for someone who is going to improve the offense and not just take up a scholarship if they show no improvement what so ever. His off the field antacs have became bad for moral, will be interesting to see how he regroups from this situation maybe this is what he needs to grow up? Maybe Shane will talk to him and get him linned out? Idk but something needs to be done. Some kids are great high school athletes but just do not pan out in college.
I agree. Red shirting his sends a message.
Who, and where is he from
Stardust Wrote:Who, and where is he from

he is a sophmore wide reciever for kentucky from Lexington he attended Henry Clay high school, he is the brother of former UK QB Shane Boyd. Shane Boyd was also known for being a phemonial pitcher while at the University of Kentucky.
I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I had doubts he would finish his career at UK. Now, those doubts are even more firm in my mind.

Would not be surprised at all if he is gone by the start of the 2010/11 season.
seems like he doesnt really care if hes there or not
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:he is a sophmore wide reciever for kentucky from Lexington he attended Henry Clay high school, he is the brother of former UK QB Shane Boyd. Shane Boyd was also known for being a phemonial pitcher while at the University of Kentucky.
Actually he never did prove to be that productive of a pitcher while he was at UK. He did have a cannon arm, and he was drafted based on his potential only.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Actually he never did prove to be that productive of a pitcher while he was at UK. He did have a cannon arm, and he was drafted based on his potential only.

oh well sorry I dont keep up with baseball was just basing it off what people said about him..about how good of an arm he had and then I knew he was drafted as well...Either way though just to answer the question he played QB and was a pitcher lol