Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Former Walk-on Mark Krebs Awarded Last Scholarship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Former UK basketball walk-on Mark Krebs was awarded with the last (13th) scholarship on the team yesterday.

Congrats to Mark!
I thought Krebs was able to pay his education, that his family was able to financially handle this. If so, why give up the Scholarship.
Stardust Wrote:I thought Krebs was able to pay his education, that his family was able to financially handle this. If so, why give up the Scholarship.

No one else to give it to, and I think he is the only walk-on isn't he?
Yes, Krebs is the only walk on. Glade to hear he got it.
why not give it to him i mean it would be a waist of free money if not.
Is Krebs a Senior?
Stardust Wrote:Is Krebs a Senior?

Yea he is
Yeah Krebs is a senior, I see no problem with this. The scholly will be available next year, and it was just free money wasted if not used. Good to have a KY boy on scholarship again.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Yeah Krebs is a senior, I see no problem with this. The scholly will be available next year, and it was just free money wasted if not used. Good to have a KY boy on scholarship again.

Already two, John Hood and Darius Miller.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Already two, John Hood and Darius Miller.

I meant to say another, my bad. It's nice to have the state's Mr. Basketball on the team, but it's also nice to have some other KY natives on the team as well. Krebs as a walk-on, represents the competitiveness, the commitment and work ethic that defines UK basketball.
I'm glad to see Krebs as a senior getting the opp to finish his college on the team.
Well I guess that means he will get one start in his career.
This kid has worked so hard to get to this point and i'm so glad he gets to say he played at UK on scholarship. He played his freshman season at Thomas More college before transfering and getting the oppertunity to play at UK. I'm saying this as a testment of how hard he's worked in the past 4-5 years and now hes worked his way to the top of college basketball world literally. A big Congrats goes out to Mark.

This does make me wonder however if Slone would have ended up with this scholarship had he not decided to leave and stayed and worked out with the program.
calapari isnt holding senior night
Wildcatk23 Wrote:calapari isnt holding senior night

I do understand that within the next few years there will be a transformation of all of our players playing 1-2 years and then being NBA bound. Why would he currently not have a senior night?? The seniors deserve to be honored just the same as previous seniors at UK have. When we have no seniors I can understand not having a senior night. LOL.