Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland 36 Greenup Co. 34 (7th)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Awsome 7th grade game lastnight I thought a hundred points were going to scored in that game. I was dissappointed with all of the personal fouls and unsportsman like penalties on Greenup though. No place for that in sports. There must have been a 1000 yards of total offense in that game.....or so it seemed.
Who won the 8th grade game?
8th Grade:

Greenup Co. 30
Raceland 8

Was 30-0 and we started subbing in more 7th graders in 2nd half
Wow. Looks like the combined Greenup Team is off to a good start. How many kids did they end up with on the 8th and 7th grades?
I'm thinking we have in the 40's between the 2 teams
Glad to see them doing so well who's up next for Greenup?
Found out last night we may have added a game this coming Tuesday against Green, Ohio but not sure about it. Our next scheduled game is a trip to Johnson Central Middle on Saturday, September 5th at Noon for an out of conference game.
Coach Hunt and Coach Ratcliff are doing an excelent job, getting these boys to come together. I hope all of the nay-sayers about combining middle schools are starting to see how great a move that this was.
Kosar Wrote:Coach Hunt and Coach Ratcliff are doing an excelent job, getting these boys to come together. I hope all of the nay-sayers about combining middle schools are starting to see how great a move that this was.

I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch just yet. Lets wait until next year and see how many come out. If those coaches do such a wonderful job....why did they let #12 get about 4 or 5 personal fouls called on him well after the play was over. If that's the kind of coaches you want down there our future here at Raceland is secure.
I just have to add that our 8th grade team has several players out due to injury.
disneymom Wrote:I just have to add that our 8th grade team has several players out due to injury.

8th grade is just running the wrong offense which I believe the coaches have changed since the Greenup game. Lots of size but not a lot of team speed on the 8th grade team. 7th grade small and very fast. Can't wait to see these two teams play together.
This is my take on the games

1. You better hope they changed their defense as well as their offense.
2. After reviewing the film, it is clear that the officials had their heads turned when it came to Raceland players clipping and facemasking Greenup players.
3. Fun game to watch, just sad the officials had to determine the outcome of the 7th grade game:Thumbs:
disneymom Wrote:I just have to add that our 8th grade team has several players out due to injury.

As did our 8th. We had one of our main lineman out with the flu. A couple of others sat out with other injuries also. It wouldn't have mattered anyhow, this game was over fast.

RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch just yet. Lets wait until next year and see how many come out. If those coaches do such a wonderful job....why did they let #12 get about 4 or 5 personal fouls called on him well after the play was over. If that's the kind of coaches you want down there our future here at Raceland is secure.

Why wouldn't our kids come out next year? That makes no sense. We actually had 3 new 8th grade kids show up for practice today and join the team late. Were very happy with our coaches as are our players.

RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:8th grade is just running the wrong offense which I believe the coaches have changed since the Greenup game. Lots of size but not a lot of team speed on the 8th grade team. 7th grade small and very fast. Can't wait to see these two teams play together.

So they changed there offense in 3 days so everything is all right now... riiight. It was 30-0 at half. It would've been alot worse had we not played everyone. And yes, that was our 8th with our 7th backing them up in the 8th grade game. We are very excited to see them together already!! The future looks bright at Greenup County!!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:8th grade is just running the wrong offense which I believe the coaches have changed since the Greenup game. Lots of size but not a lot of team speed on the 8th grade team. 7th grade small and very fast. Can't wait to see these two teams play together.

We do have some speed, but I don't think it is all being utilized. lol.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch just yet. Lets wait until next year and see how many come out. If those coaches do such a wonderful job....why did they let #12 get about 4 or 5 personal fouls called on him well after the play was over. If that's the kind of coaches you want down there our future here at Raceland is secure.
:yawn:
Sounds like you should be glad, without the bogus falgs, Raceland would have lost this game by 2 or 3 td's.
Kosar Wrote:Sounds like you should be glad, without the bogus falgs, Raceland would have lost this game by 2 or 3 td's.

I would guess like most games you weren't there but yet that doesn't stop you from spewing that crap that comes from that scab between your shoulders. Most of the calls were personal fouls on our quarterback that occured well after the play was over. and at least 3 of the calls were for to many men on the field because Gc doesn't know that you can only have eleven on the field.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I would guess like most games you weren't there but yet that doesn't stop you from spewing that crap that comes from that scab between your shoulders. Most of the calls were personal fouls on our quarterback that occured well after the play was over. and at least 3 of the calls were for to many men on the field because Gc doesn't know that you can only have eleven on the field.
I was there, and a the personal foul calls were weak, this is football.
Kosar Wrote:I was there, and a the personal foul calls were weak, this is football.

They were weak like your mind and your game Kosar.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:They were weak like your mind and your game Kosar.
Is this grade school? Grow up.
It's more entertaining watching Kosar and Ram-A-Devil go at each other on here. :popcorn: :glassjoe: :ilikeit:
Statmaster Wrote:It's more entertaining watching Kosar and Ram-A-Devil go at each other on here. :popcorn: :glassjoe: :ilikeit:

You start any crap with me STATMASTER and I will put a knot on your head too.
My head feels fine.
You may put a knot on my head, but I'll ram that devil out of you.:letsfight:yesno:
Its so hard to judge future varsity success with middle school stats/game results/numbers/ect. To have the enrollment numbers Greenup County has, yes, they should have AT LEAST 40 players between the two grades... At any school, whether its GCHS, Raceland, Russell, Fairview, or any other school, the numbers drop off when 9th grade comes around. If that wasn't true, then Greenup should have 80 players dressed out on friday nights in 4 years... (40 kids from this year's 7th and 8th, and 40 from the 7th and 8th teams in a couple years)... But we all know, that does not happen.. kids lose interest.
In the 7th grade game GC lost due to coaching. Raceland ran 75% of the time to the left. Coach's never changed anything up, moved player's around or nothing. With the personal fouls all the head coach had to do was sit the kid out for a series and tell him he won't play if he get's personal fouls. It should have been done after the first one. I thought after two personal fouls you were throwin out of the game(if so he would have to sit the next ballgame.).At this age in the belly offense you have to guide kids of what is open. The fullback had a field day but not enough carries. GC would have had the ball longer and maybe just with that the outside would have opened up. With that many kids they play to many on both sides of the ball. How can you really coach kids up? and use the combining of the school toward your advantage. I hate to say this but too many kids are standing on the sideline. There has been talk of taking kids else where just because of who's the "Coach" not the combining part. Raceland just might be moving up to class 2A.
Johnson County played Greenup County yesterday and there was no unsportmanslike conduct. Greenup County was a very classy team.
Our kids had a great time at Johnson Central on Saturday. You all have an awesome stadium and field and the people were just great. Wish we could've played an evening game because the heat got unreal (think i roasted in the bleachers and the kids said the rubber in the turf was real hot).

Your 7th and 8th grade teams were superb and well coached. Lots and lots of size and athletes. 8th grade game was 26-6 JC. 7th was 20 something to 6 or 8, cant remember for JC also.

Hopefully we can do it again next year back at your place or at ours. Best of luck to you guys on your season!
Bench350 Wrote:In the 7th grade game GC lost due to coaching. Raceland ran 75% of the time to the left. Coach's never changed anything up, moved player's around or nothing. With the personal fouls all the head coach had to do was sit the kid out for a series and tell him he won't play if he get's personal fouls. It should have been done after the first one. I thought after two personal fouls you were throwin out of the game(if so he would have to sit the next ballgame.).At this age in the belly offense you have to guide kids of what is open. The fullback had a field day but not enough carries. GC would have had the ball longer and maybe just with that the outside would have opened up. With that many kids they play to many on both sides of the ball. How can you really coach kids up? and use the combining of the school toward your advantage. I hate to say this but too many kids are standing on the sideline. There has been talk of taking kids else where just because of who's the "Coach" not the combining part. Raceland just might be moving up to class 2A.

What??? They are playing the same kids to much? To many standing around??
I can't believe it. I was told this wouldn't happen. :dontthink Bullcrap!! It's exactly what I said would happen!! You know what I don't even know what I'm on here complaining about. You guys are doing the right thing down there.....keep up the good work I will say no more about this again.
Its ok RAM-A-DEVIL... they are doing GREAT things down at that county school... ha :flush:... and then they wonder why half their team ends up at Raceland...
And yes, Raceland did run the ball 75% to the left.. and YES it did usually result in a couple juke moves and #1 walking into the endzone... ha, we like those lack of adjustments down here in Ram land... anytime you wanna leave the sweep open, be our guests... :thanks:
Pages: 1 2