Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cumberland 8 Letcher Co. 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://harlandaily.com/bookmark/3230232

Any additional info on this game.
I believe Letcher Central played without several of their starters due to one of the schools being closed for the week because of illness. District would not let players from that school participate. This is no excuse just a fact.
LCC middle didnt hav a startin running back or a right tackle or a starting reciever...if LCC would hav had all their weapons it would hav been a different game...on any other night i think they would hav been able to win

but no excuses cumberland came ready to play and LCC didnt....i dont know if LCC wasnt ready due to the loss of 3 impact starters or what....

and congrats to # 24 he was a heck of a back...
Were they not missing some starters on defense as well
I think one of there defensive backs didn't play either.
yea they were missing an inside and outside line backer...and a real quick corner
No excuses from this Cougar fan, Cumberland was just better on this given night. I was impressed with their team.
I am sorry if I made it look I was making excuses for LCC's loss to Cumberland. Coach Howard runs to classy of a program for that to go on. I was just looking for information on things I had heard about players not being there........I say congratulations Cumberland............Hope we beat you next time
Cumberland has a good program this year regardless. They have beat LCC and New Harlan in my opinion the best Middleshool programs in the mtns. Yes Bell Co. you are there too along with Johnson Central. But LCC and New Harlan were the best last year hands down.
The funny thing is one of their schools since Cumberland is one school but it was a good game from both sides and think it was one player out if I heard right.
Are the people on this post saying, "LCC uses kids from other schools to make one team"? Is that why some of their kids were not playing in this game? That doesn't seem fair if so. If I misunderstood please correct me.
LCC is like New Harlan we are a consolidated team. What do you mean that it isn't fair. Perry County Central, Johnson Central. Our Middle schools in the county are not located at one site, not sure what your question is??? Our county is like most of the other consolidated counties in Eastern Kentucky. Do you think we should only be allowed to use kids from one of our middle schools? No your didn't hear right. LCC was missing their tailback, right guard, slot on offense. Two linebackers, corner, right tackle, two back-up linebackers on defense when they played Cumberland. You haven't heard anyone from Letcher County complaining though, at least I haven't heard anyone, we lost to Cumberland on that given night and our coaches and players showed up instead of canceling on Cumberland because they had committed to coming over so they did.
I'm not saying anything about that particular game. All I'm saying is that where I'm from the kids that go to a school play for that school, there is not a team made up from two or three schools. I might just be ignorant about "central schools" still thought they were one school and all the kids that played for them went to that school. I was just trying to understand. I didn't mean to offend. I've watched LCC play at least three times and they allways play hard and their kids are well coached. Just asking a question.
The New Harlan team is consisted of 5 middle schools in the county, leaving out Evarts and Blackmountain which combine to make a team and then Cumberland which makes a team of their own. So New Harlan is not a county team just most of the county. haha This is hurting the kids if you ask me because alot is not playing because of this and the holdbacks, dont get me wrong not complaining about the holdbacks just about the teams combining, all for holdbacks.
are they any east letcher teams any more or is it just letcher co
bigguy989 Wrote:The New Harlan team is consisted of 5 middle schools in the county, leaving out Evarts and Blackmountain which combine to make a team and then Cumberland which makes a team of their own. So New Harlan is not a county team just most of the county. haha This is hurting the kids if you ask me because alot is not playing because of this and the holdbacks, dont get me wrong not complaining about the holdbacks just about the teams combining, all for holdbacks.

Harlan Countians love to complain about nothing.
The schools aren't big enough to have separate teams. New Harlan doesn't have that big of a team anyway. It sounds like an excuse for not playing.

Letcher has only one team and so does Bell and several others. Harlan County has three middle school teams.