Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Big Blue Madness to be Oct. 16 at Rupp Arena
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[B]Big Blue Madness to be Oct. 16 at Rupp Arena[/B]

Various outlets are reporting that Big Blue Madness will be Oct. 16 at Rupp Arena, not Commonwealth Stadium.

Details to follow.

Here is the Rupp Arena news via Twitter: It’s official! Big Blue Madness at Rupp Arena on October 16th! More details to follow…

Update: On a livechat earlier today, UK athletics director Mitch Barnhart explained why he thought it was best to keep Big Blue Madness at Rupp:

There has been a lot of conversation about Big Blue Madness, with this being Cal’s first year. I think it is important to keep it in Rupp Arena for a variety of reasons. There are multiple issues when it comes to the use of Commonwealth Stadium not the least of which is safety and weather. Other factors include our ability to use multiple networks on the evening of the event and I really want Cal and his players to enjoy the feeling that Rupp Arena gives our basketball program on his first official night of practice. We’ve looked into the facility issues and do not feel comfortable with the results of putting a floor on the field at Commonwealth with the possibilities of damage that it can cause in the middle of our football season as well.

http://johnclay.bloginky.com/2009/08/05/...upp-arena/

Information i have obtained myself through other resources say that tickets will go on sale October 2 at 7am...........
The idea of having Midnight Madness at Commonwealth was just a little something to get the fans hyped up for the new era of John Calipari. We all may have wanted it to happen. But deep down, we all really knew it could never happen. Too many if's, and's, and but's to make it all work.

This question may bring up a topic from an old thread, but I wonder if tickets to Midnight Madness will be tougher to come by this year than usual? I've heard several people say they are camping out just to get them.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:The idea of having Midnight Madness at Commonwealth was just a little something to get the fans hyped up for the new era of John Calipari. We all may have wanted it to happen. But deep down, we all really knew it could never happen. Too many if's, and's, and but's to make it all work.

This question may bring up a topic from an old thread, but I wonder if tickets to Midnight Madness will be tougher to come by this year than usual? I've heard several people say they are camping out just to get them.

people always do if u have ver been, but so many is reserved by online websites so if u dont plan on going to lexington u better find u a good ticket selling website
well what do you think his entrance will consist of?????
When are the tickets gonna be given out this year?
beasy_bo Wrote:well what do you think his entrance will consist of?????

Not sure

Amun-Ra Wrote:When are the tickets gonna be given out this year?

October 2nd At 7am, is what im hearing