Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley/Betsy Layne? Johnson Central 8th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How was this game???
the sv/jc game was 26-0 jc......alot of nerves for the wildcats.
the sv/bl game was 6-0 bl. when the coach started to sub in different kids for sv on defense and owen caudill got a leg cramp and didnt do much in that scrimmage.

it was just a scrimmage, but i dont think jc is 26 points better than sv, and i most deffanatly do not think bl is 38 points better than valley......the wildcats do have some work to do though, and some adjustments but it will all fall in place and we'll be ok by the time real games start

i do not know the final outcome of the bl/jc game but it was tied 0-0 in the first half when i left

dillion hamilton is an amazing athelete as well as owen caudill and about 8 jc players have tremendous tallent
seabiscuit51 Wrote:I guarentee svms WILL beat BL this year

???? What did this mean????:dontthink

The score was 38 to 0
BLES=38
SV=0
You must remember that the 38 points BL put up was in one half of ball. 38 points better in a whole game?????? Who knows!!!:ChairHit:
Watched all of it, saw 3 good teams. All three defenses looked good. All three offenses were a little shakey which is to be expected at this time. Good luck to all.
bigperm47 Wrote:You must remember that the 38 points BL put up was in one half of ball. 38 points better in a whole game?????? Who knows!!!:ChairHit:

32 of those points came on the backups when my dad put them in, they were mostly 7th graders who have little experience......if they play again which i thin they might it will be close but valley will win. by the way owen hardly played in that game.
[B]WE ARE BOBCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/B]

Heart and Soul.

Watch out for the BETSY LAYNE BOBCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like that will be a good year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE BOBCATS.

Go Team.
What was the score of BL JC game?
JC-6
BL-0

Played a few extra downs with subs from both teams and BL scored...great night of football.

Good Luck Eagles and Wildcats!
Coach Branham didn't scrimage these teams for a points victory. He is in the process of building a team to play with comparable size school. He is well on his way with a team that is very young players 13 and 14 year olds, not 15 -16 year old holdbacks. Give these boys lots of credit for their effort to compete with schools that are much larger. Not to take anything away from Johnson Cent. or Betsy Layne, they both are great teams . S.V. has some great potential and they will get there! # 24 didn't play much in the second game because of a bad muscle cramp but gave it his all in the entire first game and while he was in the second game, he also had a bout with heat and dehydration. Wyatt Branham and the Bowling kid put heart into the game,but lets give credit to all the players on each team, didn't see any real lack of sportsmanship from any of the boys on either team. Good luck to all the teams this season!!!!!
We at Johnson County were not worried about points in this scrimmage. We were just glad to get some early season reps in and get a look at all the kids in a game situation. Overall, it was a good day of early season football, the guys at Betsy Layne did a good job hosting. And by the way i can promise you we have no 15 or 16 year olds on our team.
MR. Slate Wrote:We at Johnson County were not worried about points in this scrimmage. We were just glad to get some early season reps in and get a look at all the kids in a game situation. Overall, it was a good day of early season football, the guys at Betsy Layne did a good job hosting. And by the way i can promise you we have no 15 or 16 year olds on our team.

:Thumbs:
Was impressed with BOTH teams JC/BL
first scrimmage, but figured I would see Jarrell at quarterback for BL with Hall and Hamilton in the backfield.
Good first outing for both !!!
Betsy Layne is going to be very tough. Really impressed with the athletes they have. I think they have a great shot a going undefeated this year.
I watch you! Wrote:Coach Branham didn't scrimage these teams for a points victory. He is in the process of building a team to play with comparable size school. He is well on his way with a team that is very young players 13 and 14 year olds, not 15 -16 year old holdbacks. Give these boys lots of credit for their effort to compete with schools that are much larger. Not to take anything away from Johnson Cent. or Betsy Layne, they both are great teams . S.V. has some great potential and they will get there! # 24 didn't play much in the second game because of a bad muscle cramp but gave it his all in the entire first game and while he was in the second game, he also had a bout with heat and dehydration. Wyatt Branham and the Bowling kid put heart into the game,but lets give credit to all the players on each team, didn't see any real lack of sportsmanship from any of the boys on either team. Good luck to all the teams this season!!!!!
I'm just glad that it was a major injury free night, since #68 from JCMS drove the bus there and #67 drove it back to Johnson County. We're fortunate that both received their CDL's over the summer. All jokes aside, and I was joking, your tag is " I watch you " and I have a birth certificate that you can watch. Holdbacks we got, 15-16 year olds we don't. We have several "over sized" kids on our team. It doe's bother me when the first thing you hear is that " they must have been 15 or 16 years old". There are rules that keep this from happening. Anyway, I thought it was a good scrimmage night for every team.
I was impressed with the defenses of BL and JCMS. JCMS offense showed some bright spots, but still has a lot to work on. I'm sure they'll get it going this week in practice. Good sportsmanship on all 3 sides and good luck to all teams.
MR. Slate Wrote:We at Johnson County were not worried about points in this scrimmage. We were just glad to get some early season reps in and get a look at all the kids in a game situation. Overall, it was a good day of early season football, the guys at Betsy Layne did a good job hosting. And by the way i can promise you we have no 15 or 16 year olds on our team.

My kid is a holdback for Jcms...he just turned 14 about 3 weeks ago, and I would gladly show his birth certificate! If I had'nt held him back he would have graduated at 17, I think that is way too young for someone to graduate from high school. When I enrolled him in kindergarten I did'nt realize he would be 17 at graduation or I would have held him at home another year! Until I held him back in 6th grade he was always one of the youngest kids in his class, now it seems like he is right where he needs to be physically and socially.
What kind of #'s did Dylan have throwing? Does JCMS run the same off. as the H.S.?
I personally thought SV and JCMS were very classy. I agree there was great sportsmanship between all teams. Both teams have great programs. We here at BL appreciate these teams coming out and giving our kids a great night of football. Thanks again to all Coaches and Players!!!!:thanks::Thumbs:
I heard that shelby valley 5th/6th shut out betsy layne 20-0. Is that true?
I sincerely want to apologize if I offended anyone on my previous post concerning these games!! That was never my intention and maybe I wasn't tactful enough. As for the age division thats what some of us were told, and yes we should not listen to what everyone has to say, tat apparently we were misinformed,and again I am sorry if anyone thought I was being cocky or arrogant. BL and JC both have great teams. We appreciate the invitation to be a part of this day of practice for all the teams. Like I said we really saw good sportsmanship while we were there. Good Luck to both BL and JC this year they both have great potential for the season.
I watch you! Wrote:I sincerely want to apologize if I offended anyone on my previous post concerning these games!! That was never my intention and maybe I wasn't tactful enough. As for the age division thats what some of us were told, and yes we should not listen to what everyone has to say, tat apparently we were misinformed,and again I am sorry if anyone thought I was being cocky or arrogant. BL and JC both have great teams. We appreciate the invitation to be a part of this day of practice for all the teams. Like I said we really saw good sportsmanship while we were there. Good Luck to both BL and JC this year they both have great potential for the season.

:Thumbs:
eagle dad 2014 Wrote:I'm just glad that it was a major injury free night, since #68 from JCMS drove the bus there and #67 drove it back to Johnson County. We're fortunate that both received their CDL's over the summer. All jokes aside, and I was joking, your tag is " I watch you " and I have a birth certificate that you can watch. Holdbacks we got, 15-16 year olds we don't. We have several "over sized" kids on our team. It doe's bother me when the first thing you hear is that " they must have been 15 or 16 years old". There are rules that keep this from happening. Anyway, I thought it was a good scrimmage night for every team.
I was impressed with the defenses of BL and JCMS. JCMS offense showed some bright spots, but still has a lot to work on. I'm sure they'll get it going this week in practice. Good sportsmanship on all 3 sides and good luck to all teams.

You are a nut.lol
How big is that check your wife's getting for watching over you???
You don't need to be watched you need to be looked after. There's a difference.
:lmao:
I am sorry for the child that has to call you dad or even have to let his friends know just how immature you are!!!! Your last post says it all for OUR MENTALLY!!!!!!
SPORTS FAN 101 Wrote:I heard that shelby valley 5th/6th shut out betsy layne 20-0. Is that true?

Yes I think that was the final score. Valleys defense looked very solid .
I watch you! Wrote:I am sorry for the child that has to call you dad or even have to let his friends know just how immature you are!!!! Your last post says it all for OUR MENTALLY!!!!!!

Who are you talking to???
I thought what eagle dad said was funny. He's my brother and he's funny, I laughed. Those comments were made to him all in fun. I quoted him not you.
Geez ,lighten up.
P.S. I'm a good person and even better dad. Sorry if you missunderstood me.