Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dominque Ferguson to...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Florida International University
Like every other college basketball player with a lick of talent, Dominique Ferguson has one goal: to play in the NBA. So when it came to picking his college, Ferguson decided to go with a coach who played, coached and evaluated talent in the NBA.

In a decision sure to stun many in the basketball community, Ferguson, rated the No. 8 rising senior in the ESPN 100, gave a verbal commitment to Florida International on Friday.

"It's just about the tremendous respect I have for Coach [Isiah] Thomas," Ferguson said. "Everybody wants to get to the next level and when you make a commitment it's about who you think can get you there. A lot of coaches can and do, but he's been there."
NBA scouts won't be thinking very much of him when he's winning about 10 games a season and taking every shot.
I'm glad he went to a school that didn't have a shot at doing anything big. I'd rather him go there then go to a school like Indiana, duke, or louisville.
Big recruit for Thomas but I will be curious to see how it works out.
FIU?

I hope he knows what he's doing.
I hope he does too. Seems to have a lot of talent and as a college basketball fan I would have liked to have seen him go to another school with a more established college coach. It may work out for Ferguson, hope so for him.
Florida International isn't that bad. They also have 3 star PG Phil Taylor coming in with him as well.
Shocker. Once he reopened his recruitment, I never thought he would actually end up at UK again. but I always thought it would be Indiana or maybe Duke, not some place like FIU.

Still, like someone else said, it's better that he went somewhere that he can't do any damage to UK. If he had gone to Indiana or Florida, he would have had the chance to possibly beat us. Now, he may never even see the NCAA tournament.
This is just another situation where a player is only playing college basketball because he has to. I'm sure he feels that Isaih Thomas is going to help mentor him as to what it takes to be an NBA player. I am happy for the kid, he's got talent and is going to do something that I could never have done. Kudo's to him, and those who have something negative about the choice, I'm possitive he could care less what you think!
Stardust Wrote:This is just another situation where a player is only playing college basketball because he has to. I'm sure he feels that Isaih Thomas is going to help mentor him as to what it takes to be an NBA player. I am happy for the kid, he's got talent and is going to do something that I could never have done. Kudo's to him, and those who have something negative about the choice, I'm possitive he could care less what you think!

:Thumbs: Excellent Post!