Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middle School Scrimmages or Games Any Reports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
any body scrimmaging or playing yet in middle school football
Saw Foley play Jackson County middle last night, Jackson County 7th grade dominated foley. eigth grade game closer but i think jackson county won
Jackson County defense strong up the middle middle linebacker and noseguard blocked everything up in eighth grade game ,strong running game for J.c. no passing game.Foley passed the ball better but left room to improve
We (shelby west middle) had a game on Wednesday night against Lexington Catholic and beat them 20-6 and probably could have put more points on the board, but played a lot of seventh graders in the 4th quarter....
It was a crimmage and not a game - there was no fourth quarter. LCHS had not even had one night of tackling in practice at the time of the scrimmage.
Foley War, do you have any insights about the seventh grade scrimmage? Strenghths or weaknesses for either team. All info would be appreciated.
New Harlan Patriots scrimmage at Corbin this coming Thursday!
Shelby Valley Middle will be schrimmaging someone at betsy layne next saturday
LCHS MS Football, we would be more than happy to play you again, don't care where we play you.... Not backing down from anyone.... I thought that the question was, has anyone had any scrimmages or played any games yet??? Did not mean to offend anyone... We have been going at it since July 21
I think he was just trying to clear up that it was not a game as orignaly posted but a scrimmage. I get the impression he felt that your post was a little misleading as far as what went on.
haunted hill, j.c. needs to pass ball a little and a team with speed and can throw the ball will give you trouble in 7th grade game. very good team strong power running game. good defense. 8th grade team for us is going to be pretty good and your team was strong.our team could not run consistently up the middle agaist what our kids said was a bull for a noseguard and a brute for a middle linebacker,exact quotes. if not for running outside an area where both your defenses need help . Th cornerbacks and ends did not contain very well
Scrimmage or game, I don't really care, all I know is that we dominated Lexington Catholic Middle School on that day.... call it what you want....
Whitley 0 Bell 0 at the half 8th grade
In a sloppy game of fumbles. Whitley offense went from scoring 30+ a game in the shotgun last year to 0 out of the Wing-T this season. Bell County did what Bell always does and they featured some good backs especially #22. Good luck to both teams this season.
Anyone heard anything about the corbin and harlan scrimmage?
I know last year these two teams were pretty evenly matched and both running smash mouth football. Any reports on which groups looked good (7th or 8th). I wish i could have made the trip to see this one.
Jughead07 Wrote:In a sloppy game of fumbles. Whitley offense went from scoring 30+ a game in the shotgun last year to 0 out of the Wing-T this season. Bell County did what Bell always does and they featured some good backs especially #22. Good luck to both teams this season.

Is that the offense that the varsity at Whitley county is running.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Is that the offense that the varsity at Whitley county is running.

yes it is and it appeared that the middle school program is stilling learning it. Not so sure it is the best for their personnel but it is what the high school runs.
Tiger Bowl Satudary 8/15:

7th: Mercer 20, LexCath 8

Mercer Co. jumps out to 20 - 0 lead by half. LexCath used all of 3rd quarter to get on the board.

8th: LexCath 20, Mercer 16

Tied 8 - 8 at half. Mercer gets a safety after a poorly played kickoff by LC put them in a hole. Then Mercer adds a TD. LexCath scores on long pass and then gets ball back on muffed punt and gets game winner on QB sneak.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Anyone heard anything about the corbin and harlan scrimmage?

I heard that Corbin won.
Lexington Catholic played Woodford Co. last Tuesday at home. Woodford Co.
7th grade beat a very young Lex Cath team 34-18 but I believe it could of been a lot worse. Woodford has a very good 7th grade team.

The 8th grade game had Lex Cath winning 36-6. I'm pretty sure that there are other games out there that haven't been reported yet like the Woodford Co. LCA game that was played after Lexington Cath beat Mercer on Saturday.

Come middle school fans, report what you can:thanks:
Shelby West Middle played Franklin County Middle (Frankfort Middle) last Tuesday and won 42-6... They have a very tough game this Thursday night against Grant County....
7th Grade
Elkhorn 14, McNabb 0

8th Grade
McNabb 28, Elkhorn 6
Navajo4life Wrote:Shelby West Middle played Franklin County Middle (Frankfort Middle) last Tuesday and won 42-6... They have a very tough game this Thursday night against Grant County....

How is Grant? I know they lost a ton of talent from last year and their 7th grade team was not very good. I know they play Georgetown next week but no one knows anything about them.
:Thumbs:
Navajo4life Wrote:Shelby West Middle played Franklin County Middle (Frankfort Middle) last Tuesday and won 42-6... They have a very tough game this Thursday night against Grant County....

Could you post your schedule for the year Navajo? I like to keep up with the teams or hopefully the team that has put one on us. I know it means nothing but I like to compare wins and losses with like teams that we play during the year.

Sorry but I missed the scrimmage that you guys threw down on us. I was told that we played without our quarterback but also was told you guys are the real deal. I hope Shelby West wins out the season so good luck to you. :Thumbs:

p.s. Lexington Catholic plays Grant Co. on the 8th of September so let us know how it went.
barrel Wrote:How is Grant? I know they lost a ton of talent from last year and their 7th grade team was not very good. I know they play Georgetown next week but no one knows anything about them.

Speaking of scores....... what's up with your team so far this year barrel? Have you played any games yet this year?
8th Grade - Pirate Bowl
Estill Co. Middle 30
Jackson Co. Middle 0
7th grade--Pirate Bowl

Jackson County--30
Estill County--0
Johnson County is still looking for games, if anyone is interested PM me.
hauntedhill Wrote:7th grade--Pirate Bowl

Jackson County--30
Estill County--0

There were two more games before these two, not sure on the score, only got to see the 8th grade Estill vs. Jackson game. The t-shirt the boys got says Powell Co. and Morgan Co. any scores from those games?
Well, we played Grant County on Thursday and won 24-6, we left a possible 18 points on the field with fumbles inside our own 10 yard line going in for TD's.... Grant Co. has a huge Offensive Line and runs an odd "O"..... They are very well coached and very disciplined with their LB and Corners....
Pages: 1 2