Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Gators give Meyer 6-year, $24M contract
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story...NHeadlines

Urban Meyer, who has taken the Florida Gators to rarified heights with two national championships in four seasons, will see his salary climb to equally exclusive company.

Meyer

The $4 million club.

A new six-year, $24 million contract for Meyer was finalized Monday, taking his total financial package to $4 million per year and making him the SEC's highest-paid coach in 2009. It makes him the third-highest-paid coach in the country behind Pete Carroll's repored $4.4 million salary at USC and Charlie Weis' $4.2 million at Notre Dame.

Meyer's new deal will run through the 2014 season, and there are also incentives involved that could raise his pay even higher.

"I continue to be very thankful and appreciative for everything the University of Florida and the athletic program has done for me and my family," Meyer said in a statement. "Dr. [Bernie] Machen, Jeremy Foley and the community make this a special place, and I'm honored to be a part of it."

Alabama's Nick Saban is set to earn $3.9 million this season, while LSU's Les Miles jumped to $3.75 million after winning the 2007 national championship.

Oklahoma's Bob Stoops is the highest-paid coach in the Big 12 and fifth in the country at $3.8 million. Meyer's old deal paid him $3.25 million and was set to take him through the 2012 season. Last season, counting $375,000 in bonuses Meyer earned for winning the BCS national title, SEC title and finishing in the top 10, he pocketed $3.625 million
Glad To See This For Meyer, He Really Deserves It
Good move by Florida. Things look "sunny" for their football program for years to come, LOL.

:lmao:
He deserves every bit of it.
He is without a doubt one of the best coaches in the country.
My prediction now..this buyout is $500,000. Notre Dame will throw $7 million at him after Weis goes 7-5 and gets shown the door. Notre Dame will tell him to name is price, and this "Ill never leave Florida" will be forgotten in a few years.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:My prediction now..this buyout is $500,000. Notre Dame will throw $7 million at him after Weis goes 7-5 and gets shown the door. Notre Dame will tell him to name is price, and this "Ill never leave Florida" will be forgotten in a few years.

I dont think he would leave again
Gotta think positive Wink
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I dont think he would leave again
He could still leave some day. There is still a school that will pay more and that is Notre Dame
^ Yea, if they would pay Weis 4.5 mil, the skies the limit for a good coach.