Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2010 Recruits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With talk of reopening their recruitment and UK being named at the top of a lot of lists, who do you see the Wildcats going after out of the 2010 class? Who will end up elsewhere?
thetribe Wrote:With talk of reopening their recruitment and UK being named at the top of a lot of lists, who do you see the Wildcats going after out of the 2010 class? Who will end up elsewhere?

Very open question, but I think the simple answer is all "Blue Chip" recruits. I see them having to go for a Point Guard and Power Forward first and foremost. The guards that they have a short time guys. We all know Wall is only playing college basketball because he has to. Bledsoe gets to run the show in two years and if he brings what his pedigree says he can bring, he may be gone after his sopohomore year. PP is gone, but I could see one of the other big men leaving early next year to.

Having Cal will be awesome from a recruiting standpoint. Unfortunately, we won't get to know many of these guys.
Guys like Doron Lamb, Brandon Knight, Josh Selby, Harrison Barnes, Roscoe Smith, Dominique Ferguson, and others are guys that Calipari and the staff are hotly pursuing right now.
KentuckySportsReport.com says that UK may soon have commitments from 5-star players Brandon Knight and Adrien Payne.

A little off-subject, but the number one player on Rivals.com for 2011, Michael Gilchrist is said to be a "heavy UK lean."
Some of the players I think UK will go after are Brandon Knight, Harrison Barnes, Adrien Payne, Doron Lamb, Josh Selby, CJ Leslie, and Casey Prather... I would say odds are against UK landing Harrison Barnes but I think we got a good chance at all of the others.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Some of the players I think UK will go after are Brandon Knight, Harrison Barnes, Adrien Payne, Doron Lamb, Josh Selby, CJ Leslie, and Casey Prather... I would say odds are against UK landing Harrison Barnes but I think we got a good chance at all of the others.

I think you are exactly right. I think Knight is almost a sure thing, especially with all of Coach Cal's recent success with point guards. It is just great to be in the mix again for the best in the nation.

:popcorn:
I'm pretty sure UK is out of the running for Harrison Barnes. But they are still very much in the running for Knight, Selby, Payne, Lamb, Prather, and Leslie.
More Cowbell Wrote:I'm pretty sure UK is out of the running for Harrison Barnes. But they are still very much in the running for Knight, Selby, Payne, Lamb, Prather, and Leslie.

Where is Barnes headed?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:KentuckySportsReport.com says that UK may soon have commitments from 5-star players Brandon Knight and Adrien Payne.

A little off-subject, but the number one player on Rivals.com for 2011, Michael Gilchrist is said to be a "heavy UK lean."

SI said he wanted to go to Memphis two years ago but now it's open again. I thought he would look at UK because of Cal.
bigjim4packers Wrote:SI said he wanted to go to Memphis two years ago but now it's open again. I thought he would look at UK because of Cal.

Heck, I think we are going to be in line for the #1 recruit for many years to come
Stardust Wrote:Where is Barnes headed?

Supposedly it's either Duke, Carolina, or Kansas.
Stardust Wrote:Where is Barnes headed?

Kansas and Duke are said to be the favorites. His relationships with Coach K and Bill Self are better than any other coaches.
Kentucky is PG University now. Picking up a commitment from Knight is probable, but don't be surprised to see a commitment from Josh Selby either. Dude is leaning towards Kentucky thanks to World Wide Wes and we all know that Calipari would take another PG.
BCF4L Wrote:Kentucky is PG University now. Picking up a commitment from Knight is probable, but don't be surprised to see a commitment from Josh Selby either. Dude is leaning towards Kentucky thanks to World Wide Wes and we all know that Calipari would take another PG.

:Thumbs: nice to see
how many scholarships will we have next year?
cougarpride08 Wrote:how many scholarships will we have next year?

Can't tell right now. Stevenson and Harris will be graduating, so that is 2. UK is already one under the limit going into next season, so that is 3 scholly's for sure.

More than likely, players like John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Patrick Patterson, and maybe one more will enter the NBA Draft.

I say UK will have around 5-6 sholly's, maybe even 7 available for the 2010-2011 season.
I think we will have a top 5 recruiting class again.