Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Steve Spurrier Admits to not voting Tim Tebow All-SEC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He said he let one of his assistants take care of it and he signed off on the ballot. Coach Spurrier said at the SEC meetings that he had since called in and corrected the ballot and that Tim is now the unanimous decision for SEC quarterback. Coach Spurrier said Tebow is the best quarterback in the country, the best football player in the country, and also one of the best to ever play the game.
Title should obviously say Tim Tebow.
I hate Spurrier, always have...
I was watching the whole thing live. He just was NOT believable. Hate to say it, but just didn't buy what he was saying.

Add in his mess up on the being "voted to finish 4th 7 years in a row" comment (that he once again blamed on misinformation from someone else), and it definitely didn't bolster his credibility on the day.

Spurrier is a great coach, there is no arguing that. But locker room bulletin board material or media frenzy blow ups aside, he should just admit it next time. At least that would have been respectable.
It would have been a whole lot cooler if he'd have manned up and said "Yeah I voted Snead. I think Sneads a better player"....took the fun-ness out of the whole deal.
Ya know I don't know what is the biggest shocker here...

The assistant not voting for Tebow... OR

The assistant voting for 10 other Florida players...
Amun-Ra Wrote:Ya know I don't know what is the biggest shocker here...

Actually, after going back an listening again, it was the director of operations.
This is really a joke of a story, I don't understand all of the hoopla about it.

I'm not bashing you either PC for starting the thread. All I am saying is that I don't see the big deal that one coach (or assistant or director of operations or whoever) didn't vote for Tebow on the first team. I am no fan of Tebow whatsoever, but it is simply not that big of a deal. Everyone knows that Tebow is not only a first team All-SEC, but probably a first or at least second team All-American as well. Everyone also knows that he is one of the best players to ever play the game of college football. There is no arguing that.

I just don't see the point of the story here.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Actually, after going back an listening again, it was the director of operations.
You knew what I ment...
Amun-Ra Wrote:You knew what I ment...

Yes, I knew what you meant, I was just clarifying it for everyone since in my initial post I said he was an assistant.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Yes, I knew what you meant, I was just clarifying it for everyone since in my initial post I said he was an assistant.
Sorry, I took it the wrong way...
For one..Who cares..It is a preseason ALL SEC team..And next, Spurrier wussed out and should have been "LIKE OLD SPURRIER" and told it like he believes!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:For one..Who cares..It is a preseason ALL SEC team..And next, Spurrier wussed out and should have been "LIKE OLD SPURRIER" and told it like he believes!

He cant considering his C-O-C-K-S cant keep up
Spurrier is a poo poo head.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Ya know I don't know what is the biggest shocker here...

:Thumbs:
We all make mistakes....lol
Magnum PI Wrote:We all make mistakes....lol
Not all of us, lol, kidding!
Shoulda added some fuel to the fire. Admit you did it to pee some one off.
Notorious Wrote:Shoulda added some fuel to the fire. Admit you did it to pee some one off.

He's already the bad guy, help the image and put himself over the top. Good post:Thumbs:
If he doesn't turn it up, Spurrier may be looking for a job after this season.
IRISH4 Wrote:I hate Spurrier, always have...

:Thumbs:
I still say he is a poo poo head.
It would have made it more interesting if he had said that was what he thought and didn't care what anybody else thought.