Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The tape : LeBron gets dunked on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NIKE must have missed one. Xavier's Jordan Crawford dunking on LeBron James.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/22/lebron-jam...o-exposed/
Nice find, thetribe!
That wasn't nearly what I expected it to be.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That wasn't nearly what I expected it to be.

Thats what I was thinking...I don't understand why LeBron wanted all the footage destroyed.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That wasn't nearly what I expected it to be.

Me either.
this is the third thread on this lol
Blah!
No big deal. It would not have made sportscenter had it not been in the summer.
UKisN1 Wrote:No big deal. It would not have made sportscenter had it not been in the summer.

agreed
Wow. This is what all the hype was about? I mean seriously he really didn't get dunked on, it was like lebron was coming on his side, nothing wrong with this tape.
To me he is worrying too much about himself.
cougarpride08 Wrote:To me he is worrying too much about himself.

Who is HE? Let's be clear here, Lebron did not confiscate the tapes. He never had anything to do with it, not one once of fault goes to Lebron. It was not his decision to pull the tapes. They began going around and getting cameras before Lebron even took a timeout after the dunk happened, so this was not the Kings decision - It was Nike's
Stardust Wrote:Who is HE? Let's be clear here, Lebron did not confiscate the tapes. He never had anything to do with it, not one once of fault goes to Lebron. It was not his decision to pull the tapes. They began going around and getting cameras before Lebron even took a timeout after the dunk happened, so this was not the Kings decision - It was Nike's

Yes, that's what I thought.

LeBron wasn't even trying if you ask me. He was just standing there. And the boy came around and LeBron jumped up.
^ weakside D, everybody gets dunked on, this was really not big deal at all
LeBron didn't pull the tapes... It was all NIKE!
Stardust Wrote:^ weakside D, everybody gets dunked on, this was really not big deal at all

That's what I'm trying to say.
It makes Nike look worse. How dumb was it to confiscate tapes to anything, especially THAT. I, too, figured that it was a lot worse than that but freaking out and trying to destroy all footage of that is really weird to me. There wouldn't be this much hype behind it had they not have done this.
So what's the difference between contesting a shot and getting dunked on nowadays?
PC_You_Know Wrote:So what's the difference between contesting a shot and getting dunked on nowadays?

Obviously not much. You could hear the oohs and ahhhs from the stands when Crawford dunked, so obviously the ones at the event thought it was more than what it really was.
The fact is that it isn't a big deal that he got dunked on. What made it look bad is the fact that Nike confiscated the tapes. They are the ones that wanted to protect him. If another guy had been dunked on they would've asked for the tapes. I know that Lebron had nothing to do with it, but it just looks bad from Nike's prospective.
cougarpride08 Wrote:The fact is that it isn't a big deal that he got dunked on. What made it look bad is the fact that Nike confiscated the tapes. They are the ones that wanted to protect him. If another guy had been dunked on they would've asked for the tapes. I know that Lebron had nothing to do with it, but it just looks bad from Nike's prospective.

Exactly what I was trying to get across.
This makes Nike look bad IMO,. IT HAPPENS! It is sports in general..Things are going to happen like this.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:This makes Nike look bad IMO,. IT HAPPENS! It is sports in general..Things are going to happen like this.

agreed:Thumbs:
I mean, if this was an 8th grader or a freshman in high school..THEN I SEE THE HYPE! But this is a pretty decent player in itself, who is just a couple of years younger than Lebron.
So what. Every man has his day. Somebody out there is gonna sneek one in on ya no matter what.