Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (10)Kentucky vs. (20)Iowa (Guardians Classic)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the final four of the GC is on ESPNU or ESPN2 ! On Monday @ 9p.m. and Tuesday (N/A,time).
I'll take Iowa by 15 in this one..
Kentucky
Iowa
KY by 10. Kentucky plays down to their competition. Tubby will work the laziness out of them this week.

Im not gonna judge them on their performance vs these small schools. #1 Duke had all it could last night with a small school as well. I think KY will step up and play to thier ability vs Iowa
Kentucky gets it rolling.

Who are the other teams still left in the Guardian Classic?
"alfus21" Wrote:I'll take Iowa by 15 in this one..
what ?? are you rocking the gonge?
I will take UK in a close one. UK isn't really clicking right now and they need some real work before they will be winning big over quality teams such as Iowa. It will be a very good game and I am excited to watch it.
"alfus21" Wrote:I'll take Iowa by 15 in this one..
Oh Alf...Oh Alf....thought you were a HUGE UK fan!

But I hope this game is on ESPN2 so I can get to watch them for once :thumb:
Texas and West Virginia should be the other semi-final match up in KC......but I will take UK in a close and very tough hard fought win....they way they have played againist SD State and Lipscomb....they should have beat those teams by 30....but they beat them by a combined 35!......UK should move on to the championship in a squeaker by Iowa
i think that kentucky will win this one
Kentucky will have to play a lot better than they did in the last 2 games. The BIG MEN will have to start rebounding and get a inside game going or it may be a long trip to KC.

What's happened to the up tempo style Tubby was bring in this season?
"Beef" Wrote:Oh Alf...Oh Alf....thought you were a HUGE UK fan!

I am a huge UK fan, but I also know that Kentucky isn't just playing lazy basketball, it's that we don't have a post game and Iowa does.

"I was the greatest" Wrote:what ?? are you rocking the gonge?

Yeah that's exactly what I'm doing...Kentucky has NO inside game at all..They were outrebounded last night by freakin' Lipscomb..That has nothing to do with playing at the same level of the competition that's just lack of a good big man..They barely outrebounded South Dakota State..Shagari is playing terrible and so is Woo...No Morris, no post game..
I think UK could leave KC with a 4-0 record but wouldn't be surprised if they left with a 2-2 record either.
Kentucky by 12
Kentucky will get things rolling, big name schools bring out the best in the Cats !!!

Kentucky rolls out of KC 4-0
I think UK will get the laziness out of them this week. They know they won't be able like they did against SD St. and Lipscomb against Iowa and win.

Kentucky by 5
"AshlandTcat06" Wrote:I think UK will get the laziness out of them this week. They know they won't be able like they did against SD St. and Lipscomb against Iowa and win.

Kentucky by 5

It's not just laziness people! Straight from the Lipscomb Coach!

Lipscomb coach Scott Sanderson admitted that his strategy was simple: Let UK's big men have all the shots they wanted. Ten, 20, whatever they needed.

"I don't think those guys can score enough points to beat you," Sanderson said.

We dont have a post game at all, and when we play Iowa most of you will see that..
When will Morris be back and playing?
"blackcat" Wrote:When will Morris be back and playing?

Not anytime soon if any at all this season...
"alfus21" Wrote:It's not just laziness people! Straight from the Lipscomb Coach!

Lipscomb coach Scott Sanderson admitted that his strategy was simple: Let UK's big men have all the shots they wanted. Ten, 20, whatever they needed.

"I don't think those guys can score enough points to beat you," Sanderson said.

We dont have a post game at all, and when we play Iowa most of you will see that..

That is a good point, but still, I think it's a lot more laziness than a weak post game. Against South Dakota state they came out and turned the ball over 18 times and played very sloppy, and against Lipscomb, while they only turned the ball over 9 times and shot the ball better, they still looked sloppy. Their post game may be a weakness, but still, if they want to beat Iowa, they'll have to play better than they've played these last couple of games.
I think this game is trouble for UK because of Greg Brunner and Randolph Morris. Brunner is a non-athletic, aggravating, nose-for-the-ball kind of player who will CAMP in the post without Morris around.

But college hoops is controlled in the backcourt, so I am picking UK 68-63.
Hope your right PB.
yeah same here CatDawg
Alright, it's hear ! The cats are going to Kansas City, MO to play there FIRST ranked team. "Iowa" !
The cats have a chance to really show the kentucky fans that they are for real with or without morris. They have a load of talent, and if used right they can dominate the came from the opening tip. But he has to get Simms in the starting line up and maybe give Carter a chance to prove that he can play with the starting five. He is the best big man they have right now. Give him the chance to prove everyone wrong. I bet if he had signed with the Tar Heels he would be right there. This is just my opinion.
I'm gonna say UK by 10.